A Teen's Perspective of the Disney Dream: March 3-6, 2011 **FINISHED** 8/6/11

adkins561

3 hours away from the Mouse!
So my DD 15 and her 18 year old friend are going on a cruise with my friend. I was originally going to go, but after I got diagnosed with breast cancer I was unable to. My DD will come on to my account when she gets back and she'll post a trip report and answer all of your questions! :goodvibes: I know that there are a few DISers on this cruise who might make a report as well!

Happy Reading! :D

looking forward to her review... my DS will be just turning 16 when we go on the dream and he keeps saying there are going to be "little kids" on the cruise.... i hope there are mixed ages....
:)

so sorry to hear you werent able to make it... but hope you are doing well... :goodvibes

Day 1: Embarkation Day

This is my first time doing a trip report so I'm going to wing it ;). We got to Port Canaveral at about 2:30pm. Check in and boarding went very quickly and we made it onboard in almost no time at all due to the lines being very very short. We skipped the boarding photo and headed straight for our room.

We had room 9170 which was a handicap accessible room. Some people had been requesting a review of it so here it is:

It was HUGE. This room was originally for my mom, but she couldn't go. The door opened automatically when you scanned your card and there was a "push to open door" button inside of the room. There was a roll in shower and a seat that folded down from the wall. I should be posting all of the pictures of the stateroom soon.

This is the balcony:
IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

After this we headed to lunch at Cabanas. The layout was pretty strange to me on the first day. By the second day, I was beginning to get used to the layout. I kind of liked this layout better than Beach Blanket Buffet on the Wonder. I can't really speak for Topsiders because I haven't been on the Magic.

We headed to the DIS meet at KrisannB's cabin a little bit late due to us taking forever to eat. I was glad to meet some of these people and they were really nice and have made a few friends because of it.

After the Sail Away Party, which in my opinion was a step down from the other parties, we watched the boat go out to sea and got ready for dinner. We had the early dining and the first restaurant on our rotation was Enchanted Garden. Our Head Server was Iulian, our Server was Savio, and our Assistant Server was Ferdinand. If you go on the Dream, try and request these guys. They were AWESOME! As a teen, I honestly thought that the Enchanted Garden food was good. My favorite was the Lobster Ravioli.

My birthday is on the 19th of March, but Savio had the serving team sing me happy birthday and bring me a cake:
IMG_0050.jpg

After Dinner, we went to go see the Golden Mickeys. They must have eliminated the set show time thing because they didn't ask us for our KTTW card. The show was fantastic! I liked the new Little Mermaid and Tangled segments. I went to bed early due to being worn out from the first day. :lmao:

If anyone has any questions before I finish the report, you can post it on here :)
TBC...

I had Savio, last year before he got married :lovestruc he was great

Great start :thumbsup2 on your trip report.

Looking forward to reading more

I hope your Mom is doing ok!!!

More pics of 9170 inside and out please! That Balcony looks awesome.

We were on the cruise too....did you do the FE? If so we gave the cookie! Can't wait to hear more about the trip from your point of view...I left my 15 yr old at home...but, next time she'll go and I know she would love to hear what you thought.

Signing on to hear about the cruise from a refreshing teen perspective!! Any tips for having fun for 16 and 18 year olds.

thanks for sharing, am looking forward to seeing some photos of the room as we are 9170 for our september cruise

Hoping for more soon. This is the room on the Fantasy that we are in. Any pictures of your stateroom?

Hope you have a great time!

Hope your Mom is feeling much better soon! Best of health to her!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Signing on to hear about the cruise from a refreshing teen perspective!! Any tips for having fun for 16 and 18 year olds.

Definitely! If your kids can still make it into the Vibe before the age limit, I suggest they do it! It was great fun and I made a lot of new friends in the process. :) Also, have them read the navigator and participate in some of the activities onboard. IMHO I like the activities and I thought they were fun!

We were on the cruise too....did you do the FE? If so we gave the cookie! Can't wait to hear more about the trip from your point of view...I left my 15 yr old at home...but, next time she'll go and I know she would love to hear what you thought.

I thought that the Dream was great! Very fun and a whole different experience from the wonder. The Aquaduck wasn't too bad either ;)

thanks for sharing, am looking forward to seeing some photos of the room as we are 9170 for our september cruise

Just posted a link to my FB page in the previous post for some pictures :)

Day 2 - Nassau

Day two consisted of us getting up early and getting breakfast from Cabanas. By the end of the cruise, this place was our favorite to eat at for lunch and breakfast. :lovestruc

We had an excursion booked for sometime around 11 called "Discover Atlantis". It was pretty good excursion, took you around the hotel and aquariums. I did this on my Wonder cruise in 08 so it wasn't all that new to me. After leaving Atlantis we walked to a nearby shopping area and ate some conch dishes (I don't remember the name but I know that it's in the area close to Atlantis) and they were good! Highly recommended.

After a quick trip to the straw market, we went to the Royal Palace for dinner. It was delicious. Especially the escargot. I know, kinda surprising that a teen likes snalis :rotfl:. After this we went to watch the Buccaneer Blast fireworks. The fireworks were great, but the only mishap was the audio. Club Pirate must've gotten cancelled due to high winds and it was drizzling slightly. It could've gotten moved to the atrium, but I didn't see it :/

TBC

Kathleen,

So VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE LOSS OF YOUR MOM. I WISH YOU GOD'S STRENGTH AND PEACE DURING THIS MOST DIFFICULT TIME!:angel::angel::angel::angel::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::littleangel:

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR BEAUTIFUL PICTURES! THEY ARE AWESOME!:cheer2::thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Kathleen,

So VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE LOSS OF YOUR MOM. I WISH YOU GOD'S STRENGTH AND PEACE DURING THIS MOST DIFFICULT TIME!:angel::angel::angel::angel::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::littleangel:

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR BEAUTIFUL PICTURES! THEY ARE AWESOME!:cheer2::thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I am so sorry too!!!!

Thank you guys so much. This is why I love DIS. Everybody is so caring! :lovestruc :grouphug: :hug:

If you have any questions before I make my next post, just post em! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter