A taste of Disney in Dubai

GoofyMac

Earning My Ears
Needless to say I work overseas. My time at home is very valuable to me and my family really enjoys going to Walt Disney World. We are pretty big fans actually. Every time we go they give us a reson for coming back. Especially tihs trip.

It was absolutely wonderful. IN the words of my 6 year old daughter "Daddy this is the Best Vacation Ever"

All good things must come to an end.

With our Walt Disney World vacation over it is time for me to travel back to work. I make my usual stop in Dubai. Being a Priority club member and given that my company gives me a very healthy travel allowance I decided to try the Intercontinental hotel in Dubai Festival City. Being an Ambasoador member so far things have been great.

Something interesting happened tonight however. This time of year is the Dubai Shopping Festival and I am staying in the very heart of it. It seems that in celebratino of the festival there is a Laser and water light show that can be likened to Fantasmic at Disneys Hollywood Studis and Illuminations at Epcot.

The suprise happened when the globe appeared in lasers rotating and opening up with the track from Illuminations. Immediately i was taken back to sitting at the Rose and Crown at EPCOT just a few days ago enjoying a nice boddingtons and watching illuminations with my closest friends and family.

It is a fine and inspiring show that happens on the hour every hour for 6 hours . My questin is this, Is there a Disney connection oris it a rip off.

My guess would be rip-off. I remember reading a while back that the government of Dubai had come to Disney with a proposal to build some sort of theme park there. I don't remember all the details of if they were even divulged, but Disney declined. I did a quick search of Google and found this. Granted it is an older article, but nothing newer came up in the search either.

http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/a...y-rules-out-dubai-but-seeks-second-china-park

That would explain it. Possibly a thumb in the face of Disney. I was under the impression that Disney kept a pretty tight lid on its production and went after those who tried to copy it. Though there may be some differences that make it legal it was kind of interesting.

Thank you for the tidbit. I had heard something about Disney and Dubai but wasn't sure about the outcome. Can't really imagine why Disney would really want to have a park there.

Why can't you imagine a Disney resort or theme park in Dubai? The amount of disposable wealth there is staggering.

GoofyMac said:
That would explain it. Possibly a thumb in the face of Disney. I was under the impression that Disney kept a pretty tight lid on its production and went after those who tried to copy it. Though there may be some differences that make it legal it was kind of interesting.

Thank you for the tidbit. I had heard something about Disney and Dubai but wasn't sure about the outcome. Can't really imagine why Disney would really want to have a park there.

I know. Who would really want to make more money?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter