A Tale of [family madness in] Two Cities - Final Thoughts & PTR Link!

Wow! Those were some crowds! I'm amazed that there was anything without a wait.

Love all the pictures! And wow, that is indeed a super creepy chair! I don't think I could sit in it without shivering! lol.

I love the Christmas pictures of the different resorts. They make me want to get out the Disney Christmas decorations in July.

Love the updates Brook!! We are on a mini vacation in Gatlinburg right now and I jumped on the computer--love all the Disney updates! (we actually hit a Disney Store outlet store here and bought up tons of stuff! My friends back home said I just cant go anywhere without a little bit of Disney magic-so TRUE!)
Anyway, I loved your Boma pictures. We always go to Boma for a breakfast too and just love the foods and juice. I also have lots of the carved animals that you showed in your pictures. My sister and her family were missionaries in Africa and she brought me back some and they are the exact ones in your pictures. Pretty neat:thumbsup2

I just HAD to check out the Wait Times!

759691640_toYWk-M.jpg

4.5 hours for Soarin'! While I love that ride, I don't think I would ever wait that long!

4.5 Hours?! :eek: I'm not sure there's any ride at WDW that I'd wait that long for, unless Kevin Sorbo was part of it (my next husband :rotfl:)

759690329_ncVch-M.jpg

I am not a pin collector, but should have bought this! I completely regret it!!!!!!!!

Me too! I so wish I had bought something NYE or New Years. What was I thinking? :confused3

Looking at your pictures of Epcot on NYE reminded me of the scene we had at DHS that day/night. Crazy crowded, wasn't it? Didn't you just want to yell from the monorail to those people waiting outside the Figment ride --"It's not worth it, folks!" :laughing:

Once again a wonderful update Brook! It really looks like you made the best of the day by avoiding touring the parks. The thing that surprised me the most was 70 minutes for Maelstrom... :confused3 On the other hand it also shows how some attractions just don't hold up at all: no wait for Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I guess that's the reason why the went back to showing Captain EO (which by the way, you should make sure to see in September!!).

Oooh, this looks like some very tasty research that I need to look into. Being from the midwest myself (Illinois and Minnesota), and German heritage, I love me some brats!! Brats aren't very popular around here in Queens, so maybe I'll just have to order a box and surprise my hubby!

I do love brats! I miss them! We have a small garden area here, perfect for a little grill to make some brats. ;)

This sounds like you really need some brats for your grill!! :goodvibes

You could do a Milwaukee/Chicago trip they are very close! Madison, Wisconsin is a lovely city as well.

Chicago is on my list of places to visit - one thing I would love to do one day is take 6 weeks off from work and go on a road trip through the US driving on country roads. I guess Cars (and especially the documentary on the DVD about Rout 66) is the reason for this... :goodvibes

Quinoa is so tasty- we used to eat it a lot when we lived in Ecuador. Mmm!

Not only Blankistani, but also Ecuador? You really had some adventure in your life!! :goodvibes

I then noticed these at the ceiling:
759691011_VJFej-M.jpg

Looks like they were going to have quite a bash later that night!

I took a picture of those, too. It would be neat to see them fall.

70 minutes for Maelstrom. That's pretty crazy stuff. :laughing:

Nice walking-around-by-yourself pictures. :)

Thanks for the photo tour Brook! Some of your World Showcases pictures reminded me of the crowds that we were in when I was there with Jackie and Kat for Food & Wine.....but that's just "street" traffic.

I'm vowing right now to never go into a Disney park if they want me to park on the grass! :scared1:

Not only Blankistani, but also Ecuador? You really had some adventure in your life!! :goodvibes

Although Ecuador was an adventure, I'd have to say it was TOOOOOOOOOo much of one. We had several near death experiences in our family with one trauma after another- and I actually have some long standing PTSS issues from of it. (think house fires, near drownings, car wreck.... etc....) Plus I got pregnant there- it was hard.

Although Ecuador was an adventure, I'd have to say it was TOOOOOOOOOo much of one. We had several near death experiences in our family with one trauma after another- and I actually have some long standing PTSS issues from of it. (think house fires, near drownings, car wreck.... etc....) Plus I got pregnant there- it was hard.

:scared1::scared1: Sorry to remind you of these horrible experiences.

I'm glad you'll finish with New Orleans...I really want to hear about that part and see the pictures ;)

:goodvibes it will bring back lots of wonderful memories for you I'm sure!

Please, no more pictures of Christmas decorations. It is making me very depressed.

haha, no, just kidding. They are amazing. Checking out all the decorations is one my favorite things about going over the holidays. :goodvibes

The wait times on NYE are always so crazy! I don't know how anybody could have the patience to wait 4 hours for Soarin! I'm with you, I love it but that is just insane. :scared1:

:rotfl: They really are amazing! We've seen partials of the decorations before, but it was very neat to see everything in full-blown Christmas mode.

I cannot imagine waiting that long for A RIDE. I was shocked!

Awww, what sweet giraffe pictures!!!

Wow!!! I am really glad you were able to capture in photos some of the craziness at the parks on NYE without having to really be there for a long time or trying to tour!

The Christmas decorations at the Grand Floridian and the Boardwalk are just so pretty! I don't think I realized you were staying at the Boardwalk on your next trip! How fun!!!

Isn't he the cutest? AKL is such an amazing resort! I was literally pulled outside by the view almost anytime I walked down the hallway! :laughing:

As I was buzzing past on the monorail it was so interesting to look down at it all. I figured other DISers would want to see it too - I kinda felt like a reporter along with my Twitter updates that day!

Yep, we are staying at the BWV - or at least trying to. :rolleyes: Since the trip was booked recently there isn't anything available for the entire time, so we are waitlisted too. Hopefully it comes through. BWV is where Joe has wanted to stay since he first saw it back in 2006 on the last day of our honeymoon.

759690202_73amP-M.jpg

Want.

They had this shirt at DTD... on sale for less than twenty! I loved it too, and bought it! Pixie dust that they still have some remaining!

:hyper: Thank you for the PD! Less than $20 is a fantastic price!!

Talk about impressive crowds! Wow! I knew they would get busy for NYE but woooow! You were very brave going into that!
The giraffe's are so majestic, love them!
Thanks for the Christmas decoration tour... very pretty! :goodvibes

It was craZy in Epcot! I can't even imagine how nutty MK was. I'm glad I took the walk through Epcot, just to feel it - I was there, I wanted the whole experience. :laughing:

I love the giraffes too, they are such amazing creatures.

That Giraffe looks like you caught it red handed lol

Loved the Christmas decorations. We didn't visit other resorts when we went during christmas time. That one time. We didn't have enough time and energy left hehe

:rotfl2: I didn't notice that until you mentioned it! You are right!

I so understand about not having enough energy. The family thought I was nutty for going out, but I just had to. I was determined! I need to supply good pics for you guys. :laughing: ;) If I remember correctly I fell asleep on the bus ride back to Kidani!

Brooke -

What a cool update! I am so glad you posted that. It's like you were an undercover reporter checking out the NY's eve madness without actually participating in it.

4.5 hours for Soarin? Did those people wear attends in case they needed a bio break? Never in my wildest dreams would I wait in line that long.

I can't imagine having to walk through wall to wall people from one end of Epcot to the other. I think you had a great idea to tour the resorts and see the decorations. Perfect!

p.s. Yes - that little chair is very creepy!

I felt like an undercover reporter! Between the pictures and the Twitter updates I kept sending, reporting when MK was closed, the crowd status, etc. It was fun!

:rotfl: I didn't even think about the whole bio break thing...you are right! What did people do?! I would never wait that long either.

Epcot is supposed to be the park that feels the least crowded on that day, and I couldn't hardly stand it in some parts when it was single file and wall-to-wall. I just can't even fathom how busy MK was....:scared1:

:laughing: Glad its not just me about the chair. It's so weird, makes me kinda like it...if that makes ANY sense....!

NO, no, it's not like that. We've gotten to a point where we can joke about it all now, but it was really hard. I can tell you about some of it when we meet! It's quite a testimony of His care. :goodvibes

Wow! Those were some crowds! I'm amazed that there was anything without a wait.

Love all the pictures! And wow, that is indeed a super creepy chair! I don't think I could sit in it without shivering! lol.

I was surprised too! And some of the wait times were only 30 minutes, and usually things go faster than that - so not too bad or different from what we experienced the day before. But overall just the people THERE was overwhelming, standing around, sitting, etc.

I love the Christmas pictures of the different resorts. They make me want to get out the Disney Christmas decorations in July.

:rotfl: If my house looked anything like WDW during Christmas, I might just leave mine up! ;)

Love the updates Brook!! We are on a mini vacation in Gatlinburg right now and I jumped on the computer--love all the Disney updates! (we actually hit a Disney Store outlet store here and bought up tons of stuff! My friends back home said I just cant go anywhere without a little bit of Disney magic-so TRUE!)
Anyway, I loved your Boma pictures. We always go to Boma for a breakfast too and just love the foods and juice. I also have lots of the carved animals that you showed in your pictures. My sister and her family were missionaries in Africa and she brought me back some and they are the exact ones in your pictures. Pretty neat

That is very cool that the animals are the same ones! I always wonder if the gifts are authentic, and I'm sure some aren't...but it's great to know that some really are! :thumbsup2

Isn't Boma awesome? I love, love, love it. I'm certain I'll enjoy the breakfast we have booked for September as well though....and I can always go back to Boma again on a later trip! :laughing:

Enjoy Gatlinburg!

4.5 Hours?! I'm not sure there's any ride at WDW that I'd wait that long for, unless Kevin Sorbo was part of it (my next husband :rotfl:)

:lmao: I'm with ya. There isn't anything at WDW I would wait for that long! There is so many other things to see, why wait in line??

Me too! I so wish I had bought something NYE or New Years. What was I thinking? :confused3

Looking at your pictures of Epcot on NYE reminded me of the scene we had at DHS that day/night. Crazy crowded, wasn't it? Didn't you just want to yell from the monorail to those people waiting outside the Figment ride --"It's not worth it, folks!"

I totally regret not buying SOMETHING too. I don't know when/if we'll go back at the time, so....:headache: All well!

:lmao: Hilarious! Wait in line for a 2 minute ride with a song that gets stuck in your head and skunk smell blasted at you. Sign me up! ;)

Once again a wonderful update Brook! It really looks like you made the best of the day by avoiding touring the parks. The thing that surprised me the most was 70 minutes for Maelstrom... :confused3 On the other hand it also shows how some attractions just don't hold up at all: no wait for Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I guess that's the reason why the went back to showing Captain EO (which by the way, you should make sure to see in September!!).

This sounds like you really need some brats for your grill!! :goodvibes

Chicago is on my list of places to visit - one thing I would love to do one day is take 6 weeks off from work and go on a road trip through the US driving on country roads. I guess Cars (and especially the documentary on the DVD about Rout 66) is the reason for this...

I know! I have NEVER seen a line for it - and 70 MINUTES! And then there was only 15 for the Mexican Small World featuring Donald Duck. I like that one better than Maelstrom personally...:confused3

Captain EO is on my list! :thumbsup2 I was very excited to see it come back! I'm nervous about Henry's reaction to it all...I've heard there are some darker parts and some parts might scare kids...plus Henry has never been all that great with 3D shows - so maybe if Joe isn't interested I'll send them over to Nemo. We'll see how it goes.

We do need brats! I know there is a butcher shop fairly close to my house that sells them (I looked it up online :laughing:), I just have to find it.

I think the road trip through the US would be fantastic! Joe and I always talk about getting a big RV when we get old and doing that.

I took a picture of those, too. It would be neat to see them fall.

70 minutes for Maelstrom. That's pretty crazy stuff. :laughing:

Nice walking-around-by-yourself pictures. :)

It would have been neat to see them fall! I bet it was a great little party at GF that night.

I know! I've never seen a line for it before!

I love that you ventured into the park to get us some pictures of those INSANE crowds!!! The whole update was great, but this line had me rolling in laughter...

DUH! They're all over at Epcot!

:lmao: You are RIGHT!!!!

Thanks for the photo tour Brook! Some of your World Showcases pictures reminded me of the crowds that we were in when I was there with Jackie and Kat for Food & Wine.....but that's just "street" traffic.

I'm vowing right now to never go into a Disney park if they want me to park on the grass! :scared1:

F&W can get very nutty on the weekends, Joe and I did that one time...it's intense!

:rotfl: I think that is a good rule about parking. If it's THAT busy it's not going to be all that fun anyway!

Wowsers. :sad2: Not a good adventure at ALL. (at least there are some good memories from it...like quinoa! ;))

NO, no, it's not like that. We've gotten to a point where we can joke about it all now, but it was really hard. I can tell you about some of it when we meet! It's quite a testimony of His care. :goodvibes

I love those kind of stories! It's always so encouraging and exciting to hear. I might have to hear about some of it all at our meet too! :laughing:

How fun to go wander by yourself! :) You got some really great pictures. I'm glad you escaped the madness in Epcot unscathed. LOL! Just nutso!!!!!

I keep meaning to get over to AKL. The photos are gorgeous. The animals look amazing. The zebra domes look inviting, but so far it has not happened. One of these days...

I love how you took the bull by the horns and went exploring on your own. We went to Epcot on NYE in 2002 on our honeymoon. It was VERY crowded but nothing like these photos show. I wanted to stay to watch Illuminations in the park, but DH wanted to go back to the hotel. In the end, we ordered champagne from room service and watched the various parks night shows from our balcony. (We were in a DTD hotel.) How's that for a random NYE tangent on your TR?! :lmao:

Phew, many pages later I am caught up! Love your updates as usual! :thumbsup2 So many things to comment on - I'll pick 2:
Ugh, those crowds! :scared1:
Boma Breakfast & Zebra Domes....yummmmmmmmy....:woohoo:
Ok, 3, giraffe pictures :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter