A Tale of [family madness in] Two Cities - Final Thoughts & PTR Link!

So many updates!! You are good! :thumbsup2
I love all of the WS touring you guys did... taking your time and just wandering through. I am hugely impressed with Joe going back to the resort to download the pictures and then coming back to meet you all. That was so nice of him!
I'm glad Soarin worked out so that all of you could go... can't believe the FP's were gone when you got there! That's crazy!
We are going to Bindergarten in Aug so I am interested to see what you thought of it....

Brook,

Thanks for the great updates and pictures. Henry is getting so big and he is such a cutie.

Kathy

Great updates Brook!! Love the pic with Henry standing next to the fire truck:cutie:

Love the shopping through WS!! We did not do a lot of browsing this last trip & it was just DH & I. I thought we would have all kinds of time & I still did not browse like I would have liked. Did you buy anything that day??

Too funny about the naps. That is certainly a show that a lot of people "rest up":)

Just wanted to quickly pop in quick and say that tomorrow night my Mom and I are going to see Mary Poppins on Broadway! :yay:

YAYAYAYAY~ for Mary Poppins!! One of my favorite classic Disney movies!! Enjoy, Brook!

GREAT updates! We just got back from AKL and upgraded to Kidani so I felt like I was back there with all of your pictures!! It is beautiful!!!
Henry looks so much older with his new cool haircut!!!

My sons and I also did MK twice later at night and it was awesome!! they loved it and I did too! the only thing is getting so tired after a full day earlier LOL! But we will definitely add it to our trips from now on!

I am so jealous, enjoy mary poppins!!!

Just wanted to quickly pop in quick and say that tomorrow night my Mom and I are going to see Mary Poppins on Broadway! :yay:

Have a fantastic time!! :cool1: I saw it in London in 2005 and loved it! They have managed to translate the film to the stage in a wonderful way!

I am green with envy!!!!!!!! Have a great time..I know it will be fantastic! We came up to NYC last August to see The Little Mermaid right before it closed:love:
We also took dd 4 years ago to see Beauty and the Beast for her 16th birthday. Iwould still love to see The Lion King and Mary Poppins!

How adorable that Henry got to hold the microphone in Crush. I bet he thought that was pretty cool. :) I had to really giggle at the Tostitos. What in the world?! LOL!!!! Great update Brook. That sea of strollers is crazy!

He thought he was pretty funny with the microphone!! I was surprised to see the Tostitos....I mean really?!?! :laughing: The sea-o-strollers was amazing, I didn't realize it until I was posting this update and looking through our photos, KK's photos and Poppa's photos that we all took several pictures of the stroller parking because we were all in awe!

What a great way to spend the afternoon walking around the World Showcase with your family!!!

Love the pictures you took...so pretty!!!

Henry and his mask full of cars LOL!!!

Stay cool!!!

It really was a great day! The crowds were heavy, but it didn't feel like yesterday at AK.

Henry knows what he likes, doesn't he?! Just wait until we get to the Candlelight Processional...

Great update Brook. I am also inside in the a/c today.

Yesterday was a tad better here, I think it was about 92. I haven't checked for today, but I'm hoping its about the same or lower!

Just checked---oooh, high of 89! :yay:

FYI for next trip...the Kim Possible location at Norway is outside at a little cart sort of by itself.

And yes it is me who buys the rice bowls and plates.....but I haven't let the kids use any yet :rotfl:

Ah ha! I will hopefully find it next time, we want to try it. I think Henry would get a kick out of how the statues and things move, etc.

:rotfl2: about the rice bowls! I understand why though! I think it was such a cute idea, they could eat anything out of there, it's a great size!

I am loving all your updates. It is making me so excited for my trip. I love Henry's mask with all the cars. So cute. I really enjoyed the Voices of Liberty. Your videos gave me goosebumps. I am looking forward to your review of Biergarten as we are eating there on our trip.

The Voices of Liberty are amazing, aren't they?! Joe and I had watched them back in 2006, but had missed them since, so it was a real treat for everyone to experience it.

I might get my review of Biergarten up this morning...depends on Henry. :laughing:

Oh my gosh, you've been an updating fool Brook! I don't think I can even remember everything I wanted to comment on - guess I should have taken notes :laughing:

I can't believe how fast they ran out of Soarin' FPs - that's crazy! It sounds like you guys are having a great day despite the crowds. I'm glad we came the week before and left when we did, I know I couldn't have handled that madness - I would have been one cranky lady!

I wish we would have caught the Voices of Liberty over Christmas, they are amazing anyway, but them singing the holiday music would have been great to hear :goodvibes

I was! It was fun to update that much - and having the time to do it!

We really did have a great day despite the crowds, EPCOT is so much easier to move around in than AK when it's crowded. We couldn't get to anything, but we certainly could get to enough to enjoy the day.

The Voices of Liberty were awesome. I didn't realize they sang holiday songs over Christmas - I was pleasantly surprised!! I am definitely going to try to catch them in September again too.

A great looking day in Epcot. Henry is too cute as he was leaving Turtle Talk and I see he found the "dut" (Donald Duck) in Mexico. I love seeing all the Christmas decorations.

Yes he did! He was excited to find that - and wanted it, of course! :rolleyes:

You didn't get the tree topper and it was only 10?

The Japan pavillion is so my fave! I buy so much stuff there hehe

Well...our tree is TEENY. And we just got rid of that one and got an even smaller one! :laughing: So, the tree topper was just too large for the tree - but I still liked it, and wouldn't have cared how it looked...but Joe talked me down from it...I don't think our new tree would even support it! :rotfl2: We have used a mini sombrero, like those you find in EPCOT, but it's really from Mexico!

I want to convince myself to buy candy in Japan and China...I just haven't done it yet.

Wow Brook, so many great updates:cool1: My computer has been down for DAYS and I was surprised to get back on and see so many great pictures and updates! Looks like you all are having a great time despite the crazy crowds:)

I've been trying to update as much as I can, I gotta get this baby done before the end of August and we are still in WDW! :laughing: We really did have a great time, despite the crowds. I think our EPCOT day was my favorite - the weather was beautiful, we could manage the crowds, everyone was loving it.

I love it when you do a bunch of updates! :goodvibes

Henry is so cute! Those pictures of him playing on the firetruck and the story of him saying "Cha, Dude!" to everyone as they left are just adorable!

You found a Donald pinata just like the one on the Mexico ride!!! :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Great pictures of the Christmas decorations all around World Showcase! Glad the crowds didn't get you too down, but it sure does look busy there!

When Henry found that Donald that is EXACTLY what I thought - if only Henry remembered that the kids are trying to beat him in the ride. :rolleyes: :laughing: I never quite understood that!

It really was busy, busy in EPCOT, but it was manageable because EPCOT is so big and there is always a less crowded space. I'm glad we kept this park for the last park day we had.

Yay, I am loving all the updates! you are making me very excited to go to Kidani at Christmas. Except for the crowds:scared1: Love all the pics-such a fun trip!

Kidani is beautiful at Christmas! I think it's an excellent choice for the season, it's warm and welcoming and cozy - exactly what you crave when it's cool outside. The crowds are intense...but manageable if you plan, plan, plan and just roll with the punches. It's worth it IMO!

The updating queen!

I am amazed at all you did this day despite a late start and the crowds.

The VOL singers were amazing... I would love to hear them sing holiday tunes!

We got a lot done this day - we missed things that we wanted to do, like SE and TT, but overall, we covered enough that we didn't feel like we missed the park like AK.

Voices of Liberty were awesome! I was in awe.

I just started hyperventilhating when I saw this!!!! I AM completely stoked this will work, and I mean it from the bottom of my heart, Brook!!!

YES!! We are meeting at 10:00 at the entrance to the Pangani Forest Trail for a stroll through and then???? I will be solo, so am completely open to whatever!!

I think I"m going to shoot for an ADR at Yand Y since Flame Tree won't be up and running. I think I'll try for one at 12:00.

I WANT A CORN DOG MEET!!!! I'm going to PM you!!! This is simply too good to be true!!

:rotfl2: :yay: I'm excited to meet you!!! I have to purchase TGM or the UG to figure out our touring days, I usually go by what they say is the best parks....Joe isn't a huge fan of AK or the trails at AK because he can't see it all very well due to his low vision, so meeting people on the trail might make it more fun for him and would convince him to actually take the trail. :laughing:

I LOVE the idea of a Corn Dog meet, of course!!!! Love, love, love that!! :dance3:

So many updates!! You are good! :thumbsup2
I love all of the WS touring you guys did... taking your time and just wandering through. I am hugely impressed with Joe going back to the resort to download the pictures and then coming back to meet you all. That was so nice of him!
I'm glad Soarin worked out so that all of you could go... can't believe the FP's were gone when you got there! That's crazy!
We are going to Bindergarten in Aug so I am interested to see what you thought of it....

It really was very nice of him to do that! It took quite a while too, I want to say over 2 hours total. He said he took a nap on the bus though, so it wasn't all bad. :rotfl:

The FPs disappeared very quickly that day...I think we tried to get TT ones at some point too, but they were gone as well. I wish I could remember what the wait time and if the FPs were gone for Malestorm...I've never waited for than 5 minutes for it and I remember wanting to look at it, but we just breezed right over Norway due to the crowds.

Biergarten update should be coming up soon - maybe today if a certain little boy allows me the time!

Just got on board. I am loving your trip report! And I'm also from Minnesota! :cool1: I'm all caught up and can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

:welcome: Thank you for reading!!! And :yay: for a Minnesotan! Even though I'm a New Yorker now, MN will always be "home base" because that is where our family is!

Brook,

Thanks for the great updates and pictures. Henry is getting so big and he is such a cutie.

Kathy

Can you believe how big he's getting?!?! Just this morning I think he looks older than yesterday. :sad2: I can't believe he's going to be 3 in just 2 months.

Great updates Brook!! Love the pic with Henry standing next to the fire truck:cutie:

Love the shopping through WS!! We did not do a lot of browsing this last trip & it was just DH & I. I thought we would have all kinds of time & I still did not browse like I would have liked. Did you buy anything that day??

Too funny about the naps. That is certainly a show that a lot of people "rest up":)

That little boy loves that firetruck! I look forward to letting him play on it in September!

I don't think we bought anything...surprisingly! I know KK and Poppa did. Joe and I aren't huge on souvies, we only get a small amount each trip. But, I really do want to try food from every country, I tell myself that every trip and never buy anything! :laughing:

YAYAYAYAY~ for Mary Poppins!! One of my favorite classic Disney movies!! Enjoy, Brook!

Mine too! I've wanted to see it on Broadway since it came out, I'm so excited she chose it! I actually know a gal in the chorus too, but haven't spoken to her since 2006...and we were more "friends of friends" than we knew each other, so I don't think she'd remember me...I hope she's performing tonight!

GREAT updates! We just got back from AKL and upgraded to Kidani so I felt like I was back there with all of your pictures!! It is beautiful!!!
Henry looks so much older with his new cool haircut!!!

My sons and I also did MK twice later at night and it was awesome!! they loved it and I did too! the only thing is getting so tired after a full day earlier LOL! But we will definitely add it to our trips from now on!

I am so jealous, enjoy mary poppins!!!

Isn't Kidani beautiful? We all really loved the resort. I highly enjoyed the big windows in the hallways that looked over the savannahs. :cloud9:

I really enjoy the parks late at night, and so does Joe. Hopefully when Henry gets older he will too!!

I'm so excited about Mary Poppins! I want to lug the camera along, just to get a picture in front of the theater. :laughing:

Have a fantastic time!! :cool1: I saw it in London in 2005 and loved it! They have managed to translate the film to the stage in a wonderful way!

I'm excited!! Just from the pictures I've seen the show looks amazing. And the music is so wonderful from that movie, I'll be singing along I'm sure!

Have a wonderful time at the show tonight!!! I have heard nothing but great things about it!

Me too! Disney always does such a great job with their Broadway shows.

I am green with envy!!!!!!!! Have a great time..I know it will be fantastic! We came up to NYC last August to see The Little Mermaid right before it closed:love:
We also took dd 4 years ago to see Beauty and the Beast for her 16th birthday. Iwould still love to see The Lion King and Mary Poppins!

I wanted to see the Little Mermaid so badly too! I was bummed to hear it closed so quickly!! Maybe they will re-open it someday. The gal I know in Mary Poppins was also in Little Mermaid - again in the chorus. She's done the whole Disney Broadway circuit. :laughing:

I forgot about Beauty and the Beast - I bet that was incredible! I've heard fantastic reviews on the Lion King too - I'd love to see it. I think Henry might even enjoy that one! Think they will ever do Cars or Toy Story or Monsters Inc? :rotfl2:

We left off just as we were about to enter into Biergarten for our early dinner. I was a bit nervous about this ADR, despite hearing many, many positive reviews. I don't know why I was nervous - the entire family was gung-ho on it, but I was.

We got our pager and hung around outside, Henry was still asleep, so we tried to figure out how we were going to do this with him and not being able to bring the stroller in...

759645398_rXsHY-M.jpg

759645405_zDDTQ-M.jpg

759645408_qj5dh-M.jpg

759645409_em7Nu-M.jpg

759645427_Kpvkc-M.jpg

759645431_ExKBR-M.jpg

759645448_H9XGZ-M.jpg

769400838_aJyGY-M.jpg

I'm updating Twitter/Facebook. :laughing:

Henry woke up just before we were called into the restaurant. :thumbsup2

We entered and were all taken with how beautiful it is inside! It looks like you are in a little town, eating in the middle of the town square.

769400845_pvzyk-M.jpg

769400851_RQXQX-M.jpg

The view from our table.

759645472_grvLf-M.jpg

The oompa band!

769411821_Jn2Cs-M.jpg

After we ordered our drinks we all made our way to the buffet - which is HUGE! Many, many, many choices, both hot and cold.

759645476_W9Gsy-M.jpg

My first plate. Pretzel bread! I think the meat back there with the sauce is pork loin.

769411846_mmM8t-M.jpg

KK's first plate. We all loved the dumplings they had.

759645479_Ldfky-M.jpg

I liked the glasses the beverages came in!

759645490_kF69t-M.jpg

My second plate...just slightly more than the previous plate!

759645497_oiQGA-M.jpg

759645510_LqJEh-M.jpg

We all loved this meal. It was delicious! All my worries disappeared after the first few bites. We all tried new things, things we had never heard of - or things we didn't think we'd enjoy - and we found we did. We were all raving about the food between bites and telling each other, "You gotta try the _____!" The couple that was sitting with us was from from Orlando and they said they came to Biergarten very, very often. :laughing:

I asked Henry what he thought and he gave it a...

759645505_zFjjh-M.jpg

No, that's not a "#1" it's a Henry style thumbs up. :rotfl:

Continued in next post

Continued from previous post

Very soon it was time for dessert.

759645524_ygVWV-M.jpg

I haven't a clue what these are!

759645526_TFQQ9-M.jpg

Biergarten mentions their apple strudel as a signature dessert - while we all found it okay, the cheesecake was AMAZING. So stinkin' good that KK got the recipe and then made it for Easter! Of course I failed to get a picture of it since we were all inhaling it. :rolleyes1

759645530_apFUU-M.jpg

I had asked for a cup of coffee to go with dessert and was VERY HAPPY to find it was NOT Nescafe! I asked the waitress what it was and she said it was a new brand they were trying called Joffery's. It wasn't gourmet by any means but better than Nescafe!

759645556_gckpq-M.jpg

Henry and Poppa working off some of the food and exploring the restaurant.

759645561_mDKMh-M.jpg

Love the design in the tables.

759645568_By7Qg-M.jpg

Love me some polka music! But no one would dance with me. I very much wanted to...!

759645585_8VMMJ-M.jpg

Beautiful restaurant!

759645606_zogdC-M.jpg

759645616_8pCwf-M.jpg

759645621_9XStj-M.jpg

After the meal we rolled ourselves out of the restaurant with big smiles and rave reviews for Biergarten. It was the meal highlight of the trip and I wouldn't hesitate to go back!!

Sounds as if everyone enjoyed Biergarten. We've never eaten there--the interior of that place is beautiful. It's like a little mini-village in there. :)

Glad you enjoyed your meal! I like the picture of Henry eating and the fact he had a little Mac N Cheese on the side of his face. LOL I love it when kids eat. You had some great pictures of Germany from before dinner.

On a side note....I can't remember do you have ADR's for Sept?

I have never wanted to try Biergarten, Marc is obsessed with it though and is always begging to go. He went as a kid and he just loved it. Maybe I'll have to relent and make an ADR there someday. I could just eat cheesecake, right? :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter