A Surprise fit for a Princess...A Pre-Trip Report

Episode Six: To ADR, or not to ADR

Since we're not staying on property, we dont' have the option of using the dining plan. Until I started reading my guide books, I wasn't planning on doing any TS meals. My family wasn't a big TS family. We liked to eat as quickly as possible. Well, once I read about Akershus in Norway, I knew my DD would love it. I know that I'll enjoy it! Who wouldn't love to eat with the Princesses?! So, I decided that the Princess Storybook Lunch would be wonderful.

Believe it or not, I've never seen Fantasmic. When I read about the Fantasmic dinner package, it sounded like a good idea. It will only be showing twice while we are there and I don't want to wait in line for hours. I still may have to, since I've heard there is no longer a separate entrance for pkg people. Oh well! I know my DD will LOVE Fantasmic. I watched it on youtube and now I can't wait to see it in person.

I thought we were all set with out ADR's, until my DH and I decided to do 2 days at MK. I immediately thought of the Crystal Palace. Wouldn't it be awesome to walk down an empty Main Street? Of course! So, the early ADR was made. I'm so excited because a fellow Snowbird has the same ADR as us! Yea! I can't wait to meet her and her family.

So, that's it for ADR's. I know, not too thrilling, but I don't like to spend a lot of time eating while we could be doing something else. The rest of our meals will be CS and breakfast will be in our room. I love having a full kitchen on vacation!

ADR's: Jan 25th PSB Lunch at 11:20am
Jan 28th Crystal Palace at 8:05am
Jan 29th Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Pkg at 4:30pm

Okay first all...Meghan you and I we should go into business together we could totally be Disney Planners LOL!!!!!

Love your ADRs I'm also eating at 2/3 and I'll be home in time to give you a review...I can't wait to eat with the Princesses and meet Eeyore YAY!!!!!

My break starts in 2 and a half hours then its time to work on my PTR some more LOL!!!

Okay first all...Meghan you and I we should go into business together we could totally be Disney Planners LOL!!!!!

Love your ADRs I'm also eating at 2/3 and I'll be home in time to give you a review...I can't wait to eat with the Princesses and meet Eeyore YAY!!!!!

My break starts in 2 and a half hours then its time to work on my PTR some more LOL!!!

We would be the best planners ever! I can't wait to read all about your trip (and the other Snowbirds too!). It will help me get through January and get me all excited for my trip.

I'm excited to see how it is staying off property in a timeshare. I have looked into vacation homes, and wondered how that would be.

All this cold weather and sicken...won't the sunny streets of WDW be nice..:banana:

I'm excited to see how it is staying off property in a timeshare. I have looked into vacation homes, and wondered how that would be.

All this cold weather and sicken...won't the sunny streets of WDW be nice..:banana:

As I'm watching the snowy weather outside right now, I'm dreaming of WDW!

Awe, I love all of the Snowbirds, too!:grouphug: I'm so glad that we have all met eachother.

We would be the best planners ever! I can't wait to read all about your trip (and the other Snowbirds too!). It will help me get through January and get me all excited for my trip.

I wanna work with you guys too!!! My hubby thinks I should write a book! I would love to but there's SO much info out there.

Enjoying the PTR Meghan!! Looking forward to more...

I'm back home now safe and sound. It was a nail biter for part of the drive from Syracuse. I was a nervous wreck! I will most likely update tomorrow...maybe tonight if I'm up for it.

You are going to love fantasmic. It really is the best show. :smickey:
CP is the best thing in the morning. You will get some great photos.

Episode Seven: A Whole New World

"A whole new world....that's where we'll be." This song, from one of my favorite movies, is so true for this trip. We'll be experiencing a lot of things for the first time, especially my DD. However, there are plenty of new things for me to see as well and some old favorites I haven't seen in a long time.

My family has never been to AK (my mom and little sis went for 1/2 a day a few months ago to ride EE). I'm so excited to go here for the first time together as a family. Our DD LOVES animals, so I know she's not going to want to leave. I'm looking forward to riding EE too. My DH and I are planning on using those wonderful single rider lines wherever possible. This is a trip for our DD to spend time with us, but we can sneak away for a quick ride!

My DD has never been to DHS and my DH and I haven't been since 2002. I was pregnant with out DD on that trip, so I couldn't ride the big rides. So, we'll be taking a trip over to ToT and RNRC. My DH rode both of them with my sisters in 02, but I haven't been on either. I chickend out of ToT when I was 15. I was going to have to go by myself, and I wasn't down with that. RNRC wasn't there on that trip.

The park that I'm super excited about for this trip is Epcot. My DH and DD have never been! I can't wait to show them around. I haven't been to Epcot since I was 15 years old (11 years ago!). The last time I was there, they were building TT and there was no Mission Space. The Wonders of Life pavillion was still in operation and Nemo didn't even exist. There is so much new stuff for me to experience! My DD loves reading about different countries and cultures, so we plan on buying her the kids passport. We'll probably do the Kidcot Funstops too. Plus, I'm very much looking forward to IllumiNations! One of my favs!

MK is always the most magical of all the parks to me. We have two full days here! When we went in 2002, Spectomagic and Wishes got rained out. :sad1: Spectromagic has always been my favorite parade since I was little. It is a must see! My DD is going to really enjoy it. I'm very excited about seeing Wishes as well. I've never seen it. Our DD loves fireworks and no one does fireworks better than Disney!

As you can see, there are plenty of new things for my family to see and do. This is going to be one amazing trip!

Meghan I can feel the excitement coming right off your post!!! You and are going to have the best time with your family at WDW!! I'm so glad you will be able to experience all of her firsts with just you and your DH...it will definitely be a magical time!

Meghan I can feel the excitement coming right off your post!!! You and are going to have the best time with your family at WDW!! I'm so glad you will be able to experience all of her firsts with just you and your DH...it will definitely be a magical time!

Whenever I talk about our trip, people always ask me, "who is this trip for? You or Madison?" It's for all of us of course, I'm just super excited!

Whenever I write out my episodes, they look so much longer than when I type them! Maybe I should make the font bigger or something.

Just wanted to say hello to all my readers. I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas! We sure did! I have yet to write up my next episode, but I'll probably do that later today. Look for an update either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!

I love AK, some people dont like it. Make sure you bring some ponchos with you. They will save you from getting soak on Kila. rapids.

Hey Meghan!! I finally got a chance to read your PTR! Loving it. Have to say you and your family are beautiful!! You have one handsome DH! And DD is TOO SWEET AND ADORABLE!

We just made ADRs for CP but the day before you!! Too bad, it would have been fun. I'll keep an eye out for you guys though. I know we'll be at DHS for Fantasmic at the same time too!

Your excitement just jumps off the page! My ds10 will be going for the 4th time in August (our Jan trip is sans progeny), and reading your PTR really brings back that original anticipation.

Beware, though! I have become the person everyone we know comes to when they want to plan a trip to Disney. They know I know tons of tips, and I think some of them think I'm a little wacky! I predict a similar future for you!

Maria

Hey Meghan!! I finally got a chance to read your PTR! Loving it. Have to say you and your family are beautiful!! You have one handsome DH! And DD is TOO SWEET AND ADORABLE!

We just made ADRs for CP but the day before you!! Too bad, it would have been fun. I'll keep an eye out for you guys though. I know we'll be at DHS for Fantasmic at the same time too!

Thank you for the kind words. I think my family rocks! That would have been fun to be at CP at the same time. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you at Fantasmic!

Your excitement just jumps off the page! My ds10 will be going for the 4th time in August (our Jan trip is sans progeny), and reading your PTR really brings back that original anticipation.

Beware, though! I have become the person everyone we know comes to when they want to plan a trip to Disney. They know I know tons of tips, and I think some of them think I'm a little wacky! I predict a similar future for you!

Maria

I am very excited about this trip. It's my 8th trip to the World and I seem to get more and more excited with each trip that I take. People already think I'm a little nuts with my planning, but I don't care one bit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter