• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A stroke of luck for Meg and University (warning long :) )

CathyCanada

<font color=teal>The <b>Fluffy</b> Former Webmaste
Thursday was Meg's last day of high school and she was a little emotional about it anyway. She had applied for some different courses at a number of universities because she wasn't entirely sure what she wanted. She was accepted at 4 of them and had a $2500 scholarship at the one in our city (hurray!), but it wasn't her first choice of courses (she decided she really wanted Business). She spoke to her Guidance Counsellor who told her to wait until the last date that you could expect to hear back and then contact them if she didn't get a second reply from the same University.

So she came home a little weepy on Thursday, pulled herself together and called the University to see if she had been accepted in Business as well. The lady in Admissions told her she was too late and Business was full!!! Poor Meg, she was so upset. :(

So we sat down and I told her there was a solution for everything and we brainstormed on how she might get into Business next year, etc., but nothing seemed to work out quite right. I called Jim and he said that maybe we could schedule a meeting with someone in Admissions to explain the incorrect info given and see what could be done. I thought that was a good idea (can't hurt) and then said that I thought we "knew" someone in Admissions at the University, she is a friend of a friend and was at our wedding, but I couldn't remember her married name! I found it in an old joke I had kept, I knew she would be on my friend's list, and found it!!! So I called the University at 4:32. They closed at 4:30!!!! Arrgghh!! So I listen and there was a voice activated list to contact people and I thought I would leave her a message. Lucky for me she picked up right away. I told her who I was and she remembered me and explained the situation. Meg has really good marks, but this year we have 2 years of kids applying for the same number of University spots (Reader's Digest Condensed version, our province had a 5th year of high school, like a prep year for University, and they are discontinuing after this year, so those kids and the ones in Grade 12 are all appling for University and it is tougher to get in anywhere). So my friend looks up a few things, changes a few things around and said, okay, she's in. WHAT????? really????? Oh thank you thank you thank you!!!! Meg is happy, we're happy!!!!!!!

At smaller Universities, they only let you know if you get into your first choice of courses (which makes sense), but I guess the Guidance Counsellor didn't know. Anyway, it all worked out and we are so proud of daughter. Her average all through high school was between 85-92% and she worked VERY hard to get it.

Way to go Meg, we love ya and I know you will read this! :p

Great news!! And great job Meg! You should be proud CC.

Pip Diddy? You read all this? Haha, no way, you just read the last line didn't you? ;)

lol, I read the first paragraph the the last one, I took it she got into a University she wanted and worked hard for it. ;)

Yay Meg-ster! And {{{hugs}}} to Mama Cub for doing what she does best! :)

(maybe we can get Jason enrolled in a speed reading course at the University? :p )

Great news on Meg getting her course of choice and best wishes in the years ahead. Congratulations to both her, and you guys too, Cathy.

This is great news, congratulations to Meg....and you and Jim also! I am so glad she was able to get the course's she wanted where she wanted! I must admit I do get a little confused by the differences between how things work here and Canada, but it appears in the long run it all worked out! Congratulations again! :)

Congratulations Meg! Cathy, I'm glad you were able to work things out. :) Now its time to start buying all that fun stuff for college!

That is wonderful news, CC. I'm so happy for our Meg. Beautiful <i>and</i> smart, what a combination!

Big {{{HUGS}}} to our Hair Nazi! :teeth: And to her MOM for keeping that e-mail joke file and finding the way to help! :)

congrats.jpg

Congrats Meg!!!

Thank you everybody for your kind words :) and a big thanks mom for doing this for me!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter