A Story For Those Who Love Disney....

princesssatheart

Mouseketeer
Today was one of the toughest days. I had to put my 14 yr. old dog to sleep. My husband and I buried our dog with our 7 and 4 yr old children this morning. We wanted to get out of the house and get our minds off the sadness, so we went to a Mall in our area that we had not been to in a long time. We were walking along and low and behold there was a Disney store there! This was totally unexpected. The kids were so excited! We had a really fun and enjoyable time browsing and buying new Disney items. We got into the Disney music piped into the store and were momentarily transported into a fun and magical place without sadness and pain. I know this might seem trite to those who don't love Disney, but I never expected this experience and how it could bring us to a happy place, even if only for a little while. Disney will never replace by beloved little dog, but it has given us just a moment away to realize the happy things in life.

Big ((hugs)). I am happy there was a ray of sunshine in a sad day for you and your family.

I'm SO sorry about your dog. That has to be extremely difficult... I can't even imagine! I'm glad that you were able to focus on something else while you are going through this that brought some happiness to your day! :goodvibes Disney (in any form) tends to have that effect! Even when I watch a Disney commercial I can't help but smile! I am really sorry for you loss. :hug:

Oh my goodness, brought tears to my eyes! Im sorry for your loss! disney is always our go too for tough times as well! Sending pixie dust your way!

I'm so sorry for your loss. That's like losing a loved family member. What a long and happy life your dog must have had with you. It's amazing how Disney can transform us and what an emotional experience it is. I'm glad you were able to have such a good day in spite of your circumstances. Wishing you happiness and healing.

:grouphug:

It has been 4 years since we lost our siberian husky - Smokey. My DH came home with the kids that day and found him. We were discussing taking him to the vet that day to put him down. My kids were 11, 7 and 1 at the time of his death and its a hard thing to get them past this. I called the two older ones in sick the next day to school and took them to the zoo. I let each of them pick something out to remember Smokey by and it definately helped.

Your kids will remember back to this someday and as hard as it will be to remember their beloved pet, it will put a smile on their face that as parents you made it a positive memory at the same time. It was in the instructions of one of my grandparents that they did not want anyone to morn their death, but to rejoice in their life. Disney helped make your family do that today and someday when you are walking down Main Street you will remember this moment again.

For my kids it was spreading Smokey's ashes up in Michigan by our lake house was a way to always have a little bit of him around. Maybe you can find something that can commemorate his memory as well. It's always good to have a little something around to remember....

I am so sorry for your loss. :hug: I really know how you are feeling. We had to put our 14 1/2 yo dog to sleep 2 weeks ago. It was so agonizing for all of us. The only thing that has helped get our minds off of it has been planning our Disney trip. I miss my first little "baby". I hope you can find comfort in all the memories of all the good times you had. If you've never seen it, here's a great poem, Rainbow Bridge:

http://www.rainbowbridge.com/Poem.htm

Aww, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. :hug: Sounds like your dog had a long, happy life with lots and lots of love.

Don't worry...the last time I was in a Disney Store, I was practically bouncing off the walls with excitement...I think it's a sign that I've been away from Disney for too long...*sigh*

I'm so sorry for your loss - I know how sad it is to lose a beloved pet, they are family too. Your baby had 14 wonderful years with all of you and will always be with you. I'm glad Disney was able to make you all feel a little better for a little while.

I have a kind of a weird but heartwarming (to me) story that makes me believe that people and animals go on. I had to put my kitty, Kirby, to sleep after finding out he had cancer at 16 years old. This cat was my buddy and it broke my heart to part with him, I couldn't even go to work the next day. Well I was driving by the animal hospital where I held him last about a week later, and just before I got there, a car pulled out ahead of me with the license plate "Kirby" on it. I took that as a sign that he was still with me. Like I said, it sounds kind of weird, but it made me feel better.

:::hug::: to you and your family.

I'm so sorry for your families loss. I know firsthand how difficult that is. Hold tight to the wonderful memories your family has. In time they will bring you great joy.

Fellow Disney lover here. Our family has had a very rough year, and know all about the Disney magic. There is something magical about it. You truly are transported away from it all. I'm so glad that your family was able to find a little of the magic on such a day of sadness.:hug:

So very sorry to hear about your dog, princess. :hug: And thank you for sharing your family's moment of Disney joy amidst a time of family sadness. Know well your little one is there at the bridge, still romping, waiting....

rbowx.gif
Rainbow Bridge
rbowx.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.
Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

www.petloss.com

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It is very difficult to go thru that. We have 14 year old dog with health issues and we know the time is coming.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. Hugs to you and your family. I can sympathize, as our 15 year old Boston Terrier, Scarlett died 1 month ago. It was definately one of the saddest moments I have ever experienced and the kids were so sad about this too. We had canceled our last vacation because I knew she was just too old for us to leave her. A few days after she died, I planned a quick trip to Disney so we would have something happy to look forward to. I know the saddness you are feeling and I am glad Disney could take you and your family to a happy place.

i sooo sorry about your lost. I have a little dog and i cant imagine how difficult is to say good bye...

Today was one of the toughest days. I had to put my 14 yr. old dog to sleep. My husband and I buried our dog with our 7 and 4 yr old children this morning. We wanted to get out of the house and get our minds off the sadness, so we went to a Mall in our area that we had not been to in a long time. We were walking along and low and behold there was a Disney store there! This was totally unexpected. The kids were so excited! We had a really fun and enjoyable time browsing and buying new Disney items. We got into the Disney music piped into the store and were momentarily transported into a fun and magical place without sadness and pain. I know this might seem trite to those who don't love Disney, but I never expected this experience and how it could bring us to a happy place, even if only for a little while. Disney will never replace by beloved little dog, but it has given us just a moment away to realize the happy things in life.

OMG I am so sorry for your loss :( We had to put our beloved Sasha down two days before Christmas....I had her for 14 1/2 years. I feel your pain. I sit here crying now for you and for myself...Keep your puppy in your hearts forever. Don't ever let the memory of how much joy he/she brought to your life.....

I'm really sorry about your dog :(

Im glad to hear the Disney Store brought you some joy during this difficult time.
Its what makes Disney love so great- It helps us through the bad times.
:hug:

So sorry for your loss :hug:

We had to put our beloved 14 yr old Golden Retreiver Shadow to sleep 3 years ago. My youngest was 8 months old when he came to live with us. They grew up together. Our only solace is knowing he is not suffering anymore.

We have since added two new babies to our family Charlie a 1 yr old white lab and Jasper a 2 yr old Golden.

I'm glad your family was able to find a little happiness during this difficult time :grouphug:

So sorry to hear about your dog. We lost our "baby" a couple years ago, it's heart breaking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter