• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A sprinkle od pixie dust...tell me about yours.

We were walking through Epcot looking for Mulan and she was outside taking pics and it started to rain. My dd walked up to her and Mulan held her hand as they walked through the area inside a building and then she kissed my 3 year old with big red lips putting the lips on my dd's cheek thanking her for walking with her. 2- my husband was "That Guy". 3- It was my dd's 3rd bday and a CM said to my 3 year old, "The phone is for you behind the counter". She answered it and it was Mickey singing happy birthday to her and they gave her a certificate. 4- My daughter got to help drive the boat and was given a certificate as a captain. 5- I had a miscarriage after being 3.5 months pregnant while on our vacation at Disney (Day 4 of 7) and had surgery at Celebration Hospital....I can't even begin to tell you everything Disney did for me but it included: paying for the cab ride from the hospital, giving me free internet for the last 3 days of our vacation, a CM came to our room and set up about 100 worth of dolls, coloring books, crayons, markers, miniature sets, and other kids things from the gift store for when she and my husband came back from the park, they sent us a big gift basket filled with juice, soda, snacks all Disney themed, POFQ manager called me everyday checking on me and sent me breakfast, lunch and dinner to my room for our last 3 days asking me what I wanted (they don't have room service) and she called me 3 times a day checking on me...THESE ARE JUST A FEW REASONS WHY I LOVE DISNEY!!!!!

We just got back and had a few magical moments...
My girls, 3 and 5, had BBB appts at DTD at 9 (first appt of the day), and part way through their makeover the store manager came over and asked if they'd like to open the store and be the princesses of the day! It wasn't a big thing, but meant a lot to them and made them feel special. And they got a certificate to remember it by.
When we were in MK by the Cheshire Cafe by the teacups, a man told my husband that Alice was in the nook by the cafe. We went over, and there she was all alone (with a CM)! She said she had to go find someone but would be right back and please wait for her right there - 3 mins later she returned with White Rabbit! My little one didn't want to be close to white rabbit (doesn't like characters in big costumes) so Alice sat down next to her on a bench and gave her attention on her own, and also spent time with my older daughter over by white rabbit. They got tons of special 1:1 time! Really, every character M&G we had was great! Lots of attention to the girls, conversations, hugs, etc... Jasmine and Aladdin in adventure land were great with my little one! And we caught some characters in training in Epcot that were fun too!
Our whole week just felt special!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Our last trip my mom and I were staying Polynesian club level reg view and we were upgraded to a theme park view. Saved us 1500 dollars. Oh ya..

Happened today! I got a free jalapeño cheese stuffed pretzel from the Pretzel Garden at Hollywood Studios.

Most of our pixie dust moments involved our DD!

We once were the 1st family at Hollywood & Vine, got to open the restaurant and got a special certificate.

When DD was 3 and we were walking into the Voyage of the Little Mermaid, she was chosen to open the show. That same year she told Belle that she was afraid the Beast would try to eat her, so the Beast danced with her to make her feel better.

She has walked Chip and Dale to their break room and received big lipstick kisses from Mary Poppins and Jasmine.

Last year, Naveen and Tiana sang with her and Naveen gave her a flower. Flynn Rider let her wear the crown from his satchel, and every year Jasmine gives her something, a jewel or bead or some 'treasure'. I'm sure there are a few more I can't think of right now, but these are some of our favorites. :love:

5- I had a miscarriage after being 3.5 months pregnant while on our vacation at Disney (Day 4 of 7) and had surgery at Celebration Hospital....I can't even begin to tell you everything Disney did for me but it included: paying for the cab ride from the hospital, giving me free internet for the last 3 days of our vacation, a CM came to our room and set up about 100 worth of dolls, coloring books, crayons, markers, miniature sets, and other kids things from the gift store for when she and my husband came back from the park, they sent us a big gift basket filled with juice, soda, snacks all Disney themed, POFQ manager called me everyday checking on me and sent me breakfast, lunch and dinner to my room for our last 3 days asking me what I wanted (they don't have room service) and she called me 3 times a day checking on me...THESE ARE JUST A FEW REASONS WHY I LOVE DISNEY!!!!!

THIS made me LOVE WDW even more! Wonderful care!

On the last night of our last trip, we were in MK trying to decide what we wanted to ride before it closed. We had already done Jungle Cruise earlier in the day but my BF really likes riding it at night and the line was nonexistent, so we hopped on and were the only ones on the
boat. Our skipper was the same girl we had earlier in the day... she recognized us because my boyfriend had been laughing at her jokes so much (he LOVES the ride, plus it was a really quiet, boring group). She asked if we would rather have a "behind the scenes" ride where she would give us history and secrets of the Jungle Cruise... UM, yes! We had a great time. I am really glad we picked it as our last ride too because it's going to be down for refurb next time we are there.

When I was a cast member, I loved making magic for guests. I went out of my way to make magical moments. Its why I wanted to work there.

I worked at Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station and overheard a family really disappointed that Space Mountain had been down for most of the day and they were leaving for home soon. The ride was working again but the wait was too long and all of the fast passes had gone. I went and got the magic moments coupon book and filled it out for them, which gave them a free pass to the front of the line, with apologies for the delay from Mickey.

Another was for an american family of 3 Mom, Dad and son (about 9, who was in a wheel chair, with a trachea pipe thing and oxygen tank). We had to clear the kids colouring table area and allow them to sit there to eat, so they could plug in the oxygen tank to charge for a bit. My Chinese colleague helped them as much as she could, but asked me to come over and help as she was really struggling to understand the little boy (it was almost like he was constantly out of breath, struggled to speak and had a pipe stuck in him!)
As soon as I sat down he started asking all about me, and where he could meet Buzz, Lilo etc. He refused to go on any rides, in case he missed a character walking by. He then asked where he could meet Mary Poppins, so I said she was in her dressing room getting ready for the parade, but if he waved, she would see him!

He then clocked that I had an English accent and pale skin. He then squealed Oh my god, you're Mary Poppins! I obviously denied this - I could have lost my job! He wouldn't let this lie and said I was Mary Poppins dressed in disguise, out in the park so no one would notice me. For all my denial, he wouldn't buy it and was getting louder and louder to the extent people were wondering what was going on, and my manager was standing back laughing at me trying to deal with this situation. I then said that I wasn't Mary but he had blown my cover. She was my best friend and I lived next door to her in London. He then said YES! I knew i recognised you - you're in her movie! I need your autograph! So this little lad has a one of a kind unique autograph from Becky, Mary Poppins best friend! He was absolutely over the moon. The great thing is, that Mary Poppins is my ultimate favourite character too!

My final and favourite pixie dust moment still brings tears to my eyes 5 years later. There was a family of four, all with Make A Wish badges on. Two of them were kids roughly about 8. I wasn't sure which of the kids was ill, or if both were. They were coming towards me (the kids in wheelchairs), but for some reason the kids jumped out of the chair, came running up to me and gave me the biggest hug. So I hugged them and said 'OH MY, I'M SO GLAD YOU BOTH MADE IT...ALICE AND CHESHIRE CAT TOLD ME IT'S YOUR UNBIRTHDAY TODAY!!!' They all got very excited, so I sat them up on the counter in front of everyone, presented them both with mini chocolate cakes and both with a rare Tinkerbell pin, that you can only get from Cast Members, and then got the entire restaurant to sing happy birthday to them!
Their mom then burst into tears and said that I had made their entire vacation and they would never forget this moment - and how much did she owe me for the cakes and pins! I obviously said it was all free and part of the magic, and to have a wonderful day. I then went backstage and cried my eyes out as I didn't know how long those kids had to live and had made them so happy.

Ok, so I realise this may happen quite regulary but it really made mine and Dhs day.

We had spent the whole morning at DHS and had planned on going back to our hotel for a break. We made ToT our last ride and started to head away from that area. As we were walking 2 ToT castmembers were walking towards us with old tatty suitcases. They made a beeline straight for us.

They asked us if the luggage was ours and we played along with them. Told them that they were indeed ours and thanks for holding them. They asked us if we were checking in to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We told them that we were, so they carried our 'luggage' back to the ToT and walked us through the queue.

We were told to wait behind the check in desk for a few moments. We were a little bewildered about what was happening to be honest lol. They came back and pulled out a little envelope with 'our' room number on. I opened it and found a pass for VIP seating for Fantasmic. That was really lovely, but when we thought that was it they took us upstairs via a different route and we got to ride the ToT on our own. Just me, DH and the two CMs. The photo was pretty cool.

Probably one of the best things to happen to us at Disney. :thumbsup2

I was very impressed by our experience because we don't have kids. I have always heard all these stories and it seems as though there are almost always little ones involved. On our last trip, however, my mom, adult sister and I were walking through Fantasyland one night when a few CMs from Storybook Treats approached us. They said Cinderella had been watching us from her castle windows and thought we looked like a sweet family that deserved something sweet. They then produced the hugest strawberry shortcake I've ever seen in my entire life and gave it to us for free to enjoy! It was such a special feeling! Good idea on their part too because everyone who walked by while we were trying to eat it asked us where we got it from! Ha!

I LOVEEEE storybook treats! We got free ice cream from Edy's in Epcot last trip too :) she just walked up to us w/ a sundae :)

On our way out of MK on our first day, we stopped at Guest Services to obtain "First Visit" buttons for the kids, since we hadn't done that yet. This is when some magic occurred. DD5 started complaining about something and the CM overheard her. Turns out that she dropped most of her Mickey bar after she had two bites (it had fallen off the stick). The CM asked if we were returning to MK at all and we told her that we would be two days later. She asked how many in our party and we told her five. She gave us a voucher good for 5 free ice cream bars for our next visit.

We were impressed. We certainly weren't expecting anything like that.

Bil was "that guy" at monsters inc laugh floor.

I haven't been "that guy" or the "rebel spy" yet (still aspiring to get picked sometime), but on our most recent visit to DLRP, we went to the Stitch show. It's nothing like Stitch's Great Escape. It's basically "Turtle Talk" but instead of Crush, it's Stitch. They have two auditoriums, one that runs the show in French and one that has English.

Stitch has a running gag similar to Monsters, Inc. "that guy." Well, there were only maybe 25 people in the show with us, so that increased my odds tremendously. I turned out to be an escaped space convict whom Stitch described as:

"A very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very
(long breath)
very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very BAD MAN!" :mad:

My family hasn't let me live that down yet! :lmao:

Ok, so I realise this may happen quite regulary but it really made mine and Dhs day.

We had spent the whole morning at DHS and had planned on going back to our hotel for a break. We made ToT our last ride and started to head away from that area. As we were walking 2 ToT castmembers were walking towards us with old tatty suitcases. They made a beeline straight for us.

They asked us if the luggage was ours and we played along with them. Told them that they were indeed ours and thanks for holding them. They asked us if we were checking in to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We told them that we were, so they carried our 'luggage' back to the ToT and walked us through the queue.

We were told to wait behind the check in desk for a few moments. We were a little bewildered about what was happening to be honest lol. They came back and pulled out a little envelope with 'our' room number on. I opened it and found a pass for VIP seating for Fantasmic. That was really lovely, but when we thought that was it they took us upstairs via a different route and we got to ride the ToT on our own. Just me, DH and the two CMs. The photo was pretty cool.

LOVE it

princess_ariel_85 said:

I have never heard of it happening regularly, but wow that is awesome!!!!

In 1998 we arrived to a hotel room decorated and a big cake that said, "Happy Birthday Becky". The only problem was it was not my birthday, but my grandma made the reservations around the time of my birthday and when they asked if anyone was celebrating anything my grandma said that I was celebrating my birthday. :rotfl: It was kinda awesome though, and I enjoyed celebrating my birthday again three mos after it had occurred. :thumbsup2

This is my favorite one. Have to love grandmas. :)

A few years back...Mom and I were at Epcot looking at the Art of Disney store (I think that is the name of it). We like to see what we "can't afford". One CM overheard us and mentioned one painting as 25 hidden Mickeys in it. As we walked over to find all the Mickeys the CM disappeared. She returned with a Tinkerbelle pin that was all glittery, one we haven't seen before. She said maybe Tink will help you find more hidden treasures. A few days into the trip, my purse broke before I noticed and I lost the pin. On our last day, we returned to Epcot and the same CM saw us asking if Tink has done anything special yet. I explained about my purse. She asked us if we had time to follow her back to the store. She then gave me the SAME Tink pin and a new one "just for fun" she said!
I was shocked and so happy. I put both pins on the inside pocket of my purse and they are still displayed in my room.
Last year we got chosen to be in the AK parade! I was over the moon since that is one of my favorite parades. My mom said I didn't even answer the guy, I just stared at him when he asked if we wanted to be in it!

A few years back...Mom and I were at Epcot looking at the Art of Disney store (I think that is the name of it). We like to see what we "can't afford". One CM overheard us and mentioned one painting as 25 hidden Mickeys in it. As we walked over to find all the Mickeys the CM disappeared. She returned with a Tinkerbelle pin that was all glittery, one we haven't seen before. She said maybe Tink will help you find more hidden treasures. A few days into the trip, my purse broke before I noticed and I lost the pin. On our last day, we returned to Epcot and the same CM saw us asking if Tink has done anything special yet. I explained about my purse. She asked us if we had time to follow her back to the store. She then gave me the SAME Tink pin and a new one "just for fun" she said!
I was shocked and so happy. I put both pins on the inside pocket of my purse and they are still displayed in my room.
Last year we got chosen to be in the AK parade! I was over the moon since that is one of my favorite parades. My mom said I didn't even answer the guy, I just stared at him when he asked if we wanted to be in it!

Love it - those pins are so rare!

We took DD for her first trip at 2.5. She LOVED Princess Aurora, so our first evening we took her to meet her at MK. DD had her Aurora rag doll with her. The next day we are at EPCOT and see Aurora in France. We get in line and I am trying to explain to her that the princesses see many children each day and she may not remember DD from the night before. The handler overhears me and comes over and starts talking to DD. She asked her name and if she had on a different dress the day before. DD tells her yes and that she also had her Aurora doll with her. I don't think anything else about it and we continue to stand in line. When it is DD's turn, Aurora squats down, hold out her arms and says "Chloe, it is so nice to see you again!" DD goes running to her and they continue to talk and talk. Aurora asked where the doll was that she had the night before and told her she liked both dresses. I just could not believe it. DD was so excited and when we left I told DH "And, THAT is why we come to Disney." The best part, DH was videoing it all.

That is my very favorite Disney memory and yes, I tear up every time I tell it - including now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter