A spoonful of sugar helps me to keep my mouth shut!

Wow, it's a shame that Cruella's appology transformed into such a downer. It seemed like things were going well with you two up to that point.

Nice to know you enjoyed Tempan Edo despite the drama at the beginning.

I don't think I've ever spent so much time relaxing around the resort like that at Disney. I'm sure it's nice, but I don't think I would be able to do it. I probably would have gone solo to a park instead. :laughing: Maybe that's a Floridian thing though. We could relax by the water any time, but you can only hit those parks when you're in Orlando.

Hi!

Just caught up with 1900 through Teppan Edo! 1900 PF sounds like a blast! I have that on my list for our next visit. I'm glad you were all able to have a fun time there.

I'm so sorry for the frustration at Teppan Edo with the rude man. I had a rude encounter when we were also staying a POR. My DS 2 and I were waiting for the bus. We had been there a good 30 min before our bus came. It was pretty crowded and a separate line had formed off of the one we were in to get on the bus. Well my DS steps on the bus and then this big huge man butts in front of me and gets on and my two year old is now on the bus alone and I got real scared real fast because I was very nervous about him being out of my sight for one second, anywho I said "hey you just stepped on in front of me and my son is already on or something like that to the man and he ignored me but his wife starts yelling at me for cutting the line. I got on and literally had to push some people aside to get to my son who was now crying. The wife and who I guess was her mother kept making snotty comments to me the whole bus ride. It was awful so I know how something like that can be really upsetting and I was choking back tears, I didn't want to cry in front of these people but when we got to Epcot and got off the bus, I did cry. So don't feel bad that you let it out, like your friend said, it was bound to happen.

Sorry...I didn't mean to ramble on so much! Well I hope mother/daughter day went well for you and look forward to the rest of the TR!

Just when I start to think that Cruella might have a heart......

I think maybe she is jealous of Kaitlynn, maybe she wishes her own DD were more like her?

Glad you got to make it to Teppan ado, sorry that guy had to start it out unpleasant for you, but it was nice that you did get to enjoy it in the end and for the most part Cruella behaved.

I can't wait to see Illuminations when I go, I didn't see it on my last 2 trips, I saw it once when I was 16 and took a day trip to Epcot with my aunt and Uncle.

I love the way you stand up for your daughter. It seems to me that Cruella might be an insecure person and the only way she feels better about herself and her life it to subtly (and not so subtly) put others down. I think I would have taken her head off by now and my daughter's friendship would be ruined.

I do have a bit of advice on the college thing though. I went to school with my best friend and we lived together for 1 quarter. That's all it took to ruin our friendship. After that experience, we didn't speak for about 19 years. In fact, it is only within the last few months that we have reconnected on facebook. So, my advice, even if they go to the same school, you should encourage them to NOT live together. They can still spend time together, but they really should expand their horizons and see what's out there. My friend and I just discovered that we weren't growing in the same direction but neither of us could talk to the other about it. Just throwing that out there.

I can't wait to hear the rest of the story. I have a feeling the big confrontation is just around the corner.

just caught up again, it's such a shame it wasn't the mother daughter trip you had planned but there are some good memories (glad the multi quote tip worked) xx

Ugggghhh!!! Just when you think things are going smoothly:confused3

I can't figure out this thing with the college. I agree with PP that it must have something to do with her own insecurities about her own relationship.

BTW, I think I would have been in tears long before this day! I'm impressed that you lasted this long.

I'm so sorry about all the great ADRs you missed.

As this TR goes on, I feel like it's been a sort of rock tumbler experience for you. You've just been getting knocked around emotionally for a while now, and I hope you're all bright, shiny, smoothed out and better for the experience when you come out of it.

:sad1:I just checked and no update on TR,oh the suspense is killing me!!!!:lmao:Please give us an update soon!!!!:laughing:My DH and I are both hooked on your TR,if I'm not checking for an update then he is!!!!:rotfl:

Wow, it's a shame that Cruella's appology transformed into such a downer. It seemed like things were going well with you two up to that point.

Nice to know you enjoyed Tempan Edo despite the drama at the beginning.

I don't think I've ever spent so much time relaxing around the resort like that at Disney. I'm sure it's nice, but I don't think I would be able to do it. I probably would have gone solo to a park instead. :laughing: Maybe that's a Floridian thing though. We could relax by the water any time, but you can only hit those parks when you're in Orlando.

This was a first relaxing around the pool for me as well! I feel the same way...when I am at Disney,I want to be doing something Disneyish..haha. I feel like I am wasting time and money if I am not in a park or at least DTD. Swimming was always for either a quick rest break before going back to a park,which in my family didn't happen very often,or for us,more often,it was for at night after we came back from a park!

Hi!

Just caught up with 1900 through Teppan Edo! 1900 PF sounds like a blast! I have that on my list for our next visit. I'm glad you were all able to have a fun time there.

I'm so sorry for the frustration at Teppan Edo with the rude man. I had a rude encounter when we were also staying a POR. My DS 2 and I were waiting for the bus. We had been there a good 30 min before our bus came. It was pretty crowded and a separate line had formed off of the one we were in to get on the bus. Well my DS steps on the bus and then this big huge man butts in front of me and gets on and my two year old is now on the bus alone and I got real scared real fast because I was very nervous about him being out of my sight for one second, anywho I said "hey you just stepped on in front of me and my son is already on or something like that to the man and he ignored me but his wife starts yelling at me for cutting the line. I got on and literally had to push some people aside to get to my son who was now crying. The wife and who I guess was her mother kept making snotty comments to me the whole bus ride. It was awful so I know how something like that can be really upsetting and I was choking back tears, I didn't want to cry in front of these people but when we got to Epcot and got off the bus, I did cry. So don't feel bad that you let it out, like your friend said, it was bound to happen.

Sorry...I didn't mean to ramble on so much! Well I hope mother/daughter day went well for you and look forward to the rest of the TR!

Teppan Edo was awesome. Such great food! We were really having a good time that night,despite the rude guy.Too bad Cruella had to go and mess it up again.Sorry about your experience with that rude family. What gets in to some people? Why do they feel they have to act as if they are all that matters?

Just when I start to think that Cruella might have a heart......

I think maybe she is jealous of Kaitlynn, maybe she wishes her own DD were more like her?

Glad you got to make it to Teppan ado, sorry that guy had to start it out unpleasant for you, but it was nice that you did get to enjoy it in the end and for the most part Cruella behaved.

I can't wait to see Illuminations when I go, I didn't see it on my last 2 trips, I saw it once when I was 16 and took a day trip to Epcot with my aunt and Uncle.

I honestly don't know why she is the way she is,but sometimes I do think she has Bipolar,and I don't mean to say that lightly,because it is a serious disease some people struggle with. But I don't know how I would even mention this to her,you know?
The guy at Teppan Edo was a jerk,but I like to think that maybe he felt like an idiot after he was told we were just filling up a table that needed two people.Maybe he realized how he came off and that he needed to watch his attitude?I would like to think so anyway. Despite him,we went on to have a wonderful dinner anyway!

I don't know why Cruella is having a hard time with Kaitlyn and Kylie going to the same school. I do know that she gives her dd alot of criticism,and I don't understand why,because I always thought that Kylie was a smart and beautiful girl,on the outside as well as in.

I love the way you stand up for your daughter. It seems to me that Cruella might be an insecure person and the only way she feels better about herself and her life it to subtly (and not so subtly) put others down. I think I would have taken her head off by now and my daughter's friendship would be ruined.
I do have a bit of advice on the college thing though. I went to school with my best friend and we lived together for 1 quarter. That's all it took to ruin our friendship. After that experience, we didn't speak for about 19 years. In fact, it is only within the last few months that we have reconnected on facebook. So, my advice, even if they go to the same school, you should encourage them to NOT live together. They can still spend time together, but they really should expand their horizons and see what's out there. My friend and I just discovered that we weren't growing in the same direction but neither of us could talk to the other about it. Just throwing that out there.

I can't wait to hear the rest of the story. I have a feeling the big confrontation is just around the corner.

I agree with you,Cruella does seem very insecure.Maybe that is why she puts on airs.
I thank you for your advice about the girls dorming together. The girls already spend so much time together already,sleeping over each others houses,ect...I don't know if them dorming together would really make that much difference,but I also realize how we all change and grow in different directions,and how it could ruin thier friendship. I will mention it to them and we will all take it into serious consideration.Maybe Cruella would at least feel better if they didn't room together.If she would have discussed her concerns with me as you did,that wouldn't have bothered me,but trying to tell me my dd will distract hers from her studies...well that is just laughable because she seriously doesn't know her dd the way I do!

just caught up again, it's such a shame it wasn't the mother daughter trip you had planned but there are some good memories (glad the multi quote tip worked) xx

Yes,I did have some good moments in my trip,even if it wasn't all I hoped it would be.And thanks for the help with the quotes. I appreciate it!

Ugggghhh!!! Just when you think things are going smoothly:confused3

I can't figure out this thing with the college. I agree with PP that it must have something to do with her own insecurities about her own relationship.

BTW, I think I would have been in tears long before this day! I'm impressed that you lasted this long.

I'm so sorry about all the great ADRs you missed.

Don't feel bad,I can't figure anything out when it comes to Cruella!
I was annoyed with myself for crying in front of that jerk.I guess I had just had it finally. And yes,I still regret missing some of the adr's,but I realize now I have some new placesw again to look forward to on my next trip!

As this TR goes on, I feel like it's been a sort of rock tumbler experience for you. You've just been getting knocked around emotionally for a while now, and I hope you're all bright, shiny, smoothed out and better for the experience when you come out of it.

You just described exactly how I felt by the time this trip was over. The day we left was the worst,and I was just so drained by the time I got home.

:sad1:I just checked and no update on TR,oh the suspense is killing me!!!!:lmao:Please give us an update soon!!!!:laughing:My DH and I are both hooked on your TR,if I'm not checking for an update then he is!!!!:rotfl:

I am sorry for the delay. I wasn't feeling too well the last few days,and was running a fever.I just didn't have it in me for awhile there.But thanks for the comments!

I have a new update which all I have to do yet is add pictures...should be posted soon!

We had no pictures from this morning when we were at the pool.These are from after our dinner at Teppan Edo. I didn't take any pictures at Teppan Edo.Cruella did and told me she would send me them,but never did,so there are no pictures of the chef making our dinner.

These are all from after dinner that night.

File0449.jpg
[/IMG]

File0451.jpg
[/IMG]

The few I had that turned out from Illuminations. I just love this show alot!

File0478.jpg
[/IMG]

File0484.jpg
[/IMG]

File0485.jpg
[/IMG]
File0492.jpg
[/IMG]
File0493.jpg
[/IMG]
File0480-1.jpg
[/IMG]

That does it for the pictures from that day. Unless you want to see some of the many pictures I took of all the frogs everywhere back at our resort.

Friday,Sept,4- Mother & Daughter Day

Today,I woke up to the souund of my cell phone ringing.I knew who it was right away because of the ringtone.It was my dh,and he was calling me to tell me he didn't have to work that day,since he had gone over his 40 hours during the week. This is a new company rule due to the economy,no overtime,that is unless they want you to work it...haha.:lmao:

Anyway,dh was planning to do a few things on his honey do list,and had some questions to ask me. I went out on the balcony outside our room,and we chatted for awhile. When I got back inside,I realizes the alarm would go off in about ten minutes,and shut it off so Cruella and Kylie wouldn't wake up. I was afraid that they would and somehow the mother daughter day we had planned would be messed up. I was really the only one insisting on it.Kaity didn't mind having it,but she told me Kylie was complaining about it because she didn't want to spend the day with her mother. My thoughts were oh well,deal with it kiddo.

We had both showered the night before,as I had been doing all week to speed up the mornings,and we planned to eat at Kona's,so all we had to do was dress and our daily hygeine and we were out of there. It was mother and daughter day today,and I was happy for lots of reasons.I would be spending the day with my dd,and not spending it with Cruella! Yeah!!!

I wake Kaitlyn up,and at first she was dragging herself,acting like she agreed with Kylie about this day. We got dressed and ready,grabbed our bags,and were out the door by 8;20. We decided we didn't want to waste any time eating at Kona's and yes, I cancelled ,by my own choice. This was the only day alone that I was getting to spend with my dd. I had left it up to her what we would do today, and she wanted to go to Epcot,to spend time in FW. So it didn't make much sense to me to go to MK and Polynesian first,just to have breakfast. My plans had become null the second day we were the,and so it didn't make much sense to try and work around it now.

Epcot Kaitlyn's favorite park,and probaly mine as well,but truthfully, I am torn between Epcot and the MK. I was glad to spend some time at FW with her today. However,as happy as I was, is how grumpy Kaitlyn was. We stopped at the foodcourt,grabbed a quick breakfast,and caught a bus to Epcot. This entire time,she had quite an attitude, but I knew Kaitlyn finds me annoying in the morning anyway.She always tells me perky morning people are insane. I tried to be on my best behavior so as not to annoy or embarass my dd.

We got to Epcot after opening of course,and the first thing Kaitlyn wanted to do was Mission Space. So we got in the orange line for that. I had no choice. Part of the reason Kaitlyn had wanted to bring Kylie anyway was because she said I wouldn't do any of the thrill rides with her. I argued and told her to name one ride I wouldn't do with her,and she came up with two. Mission Space and the Shark Reef at Typhoon Lagoon. She had me there. I had bad experiences on both those things,but seriously,that was only two...doesn't seem like a good reason to decide your mother wouldn't be fun,does it?
My first time ever on Mission Space,I walked off feeling really sick to my stomach,which lasted about an hour or so,and then I was fine. So on the next trip my family took,I elected to sit it out while they went on.

However,on this trip,to please my dd, I risked life and stomach,and went on the blasted thing with her. I walked off feeling okay,so either it has been really toned down as some say,or I just had a bad day that first time.

From there,we debated getting a fast pass for Soarin,but Kaitlyn decided she would like to get one for Test Track instead,since we had ridden Soarin twice already. I agreed with her,so we got the fast pass,and headed for Ellens Universe of Energy. We had never taken the time out to see it,and I have to say,I am really glad that we did. I enjoyed it,and it was nice to have something new to do at Disney.

While we were on this ride, Kylie began texting Kaitlyn,complaining she was bored.Apparently her mother hadn't even woken up yet. I felt bad for Kylie and a little guilty, but I just had this determination that I was going to get my mother daughter day on this trip, come hell or high water!
Maybe I was just selfish too. I told Kaity that I didn't want her to answer it,to ignore it and pretend she didn't see the text. This got us to talking about our week,and Kaity telling me that Kylie had wrote on her facebook, MOTHER AND DAUGHTER DAY,KILL ME!

I asked Kaitlyn what did she write in her facebook about spending the day with me,and she showed me. It said on the bus going to my fav park with my mommy!
That made me feel like crying. It wasn't much,.but she says mommy as a term of endearment now,and I knew that that despite her grumpy mood earlier, she really was happy to spend the day with me. She wrote that on the bus when she was still telling me I was a perky maniac and seriously disrurbed to be so happy first thing when I wake up.:love:

So we got to talking about our week,and I told Kaitlyn some of the crap Cruella had been pulling ,and she felt bad and apologized for always ditching me.
So then we headed over to play in Innoventions, and after awhile we found the video game where you are filmed and put in the game.That was sooo much fun! We kept getting back in line and doing it over and over for awhile,and sent them all home. Kaitlyn really liked that, and we spent a good deal of time there though. Then we checked out Club Cool,just for some cool air mostly. I am trying to remember everything we did,but I was having to much fun to type notes into my cell phone as I had been doing all week long here and there. I know we went to ride the Nemo ride,and then went to check out Living Seas. This is another place we ended up spending alot of time at. Kaitlyn loves dolphins,and as usual,she ended up glued to the window,watching them. One day,I really want to take her to Dolphin Quest and let her swim with the dolphins. I know she would love that! So we spent some time watching the dolphins,with me being amused watching my 16 year old dd seem almost like a 5 year old as she was pressing her face up against the windows to watch them..it struck me as cute ,and reminded me of when she was younger. My baby is growing up so fast,and sometimes it really makes me sad. I love the new experiences that come with each new year, but every once in a while, I get really sentimental,and watching her become child like here was one of those times for me.

File0549.jpg
[/IMG]

File0550.jpg
[/IMG]

File0551.jpg
[/IMG]

File0552.jpg
[/IMG]

File0553.jpg
[/IMG]

File0565.jpg
[/IMG]
File0566.jpg
[/IMG]

Finally we left,and decided to go get some lunch,so we went to Sunshine Seasons,and Kaitlyn got some vergetable soup and a cookie,and I got some beef and rice from the asian bar,and a strawberry shortcake,which Kaitlyn ended up helping me to eat since she loved it so much. We debated if we wanted to stand in line for Soarin or grab a fast pass for later,but then decided against it.We went to see Living witht he Land instead,since this was something else we had never seen either. I was glad we took time to see this too. Kaitlyn loved it,since she is considering majoring in enviromental sciences when she goes to college next year. She was excited after the movie and talking a mile a minute when we left,telling me how she was confused about what she wanted to do for a career because she wanted to do so many different things and couldn't decide.She has such a zest for life...well except for first thing in the morning.

So after seeing The Land movie,we got in the fast pass line for Test Track,and still ended up waiting awhile.It seemed they were taking tons of people from the regular line,and I was getting irked for awhile.What good is a fast pass if you have to wait longer then the people in the single rider line?It seemed everyone was just going through that line too. Oh well ,we finally get on and got to sit in the front. We sat with an older guy from the single rider line,and he was telling us everything he haddone that morning in Epcot. I think he was probaly a little lonely.

When we finished riding Test Track,we decided to do another thing we hadn't done before,and that was Figment of Imagination. Well,the ride itself was a bit boring,but we ended up having alot of fun playing with the computers and sending pictures home. Then on the way out,we found this photography place where we decided to get our picture taken together. We picked out the one where we are flying around the castle in MK with Mickey Mouse. I love it,and it wasn't expensive to do at all! I still need to upload that picture,but will do it tomorrow.

We had it delivered to our resort then,and by this time,it was almost time for our ADR at Ohana's.
I was sad to leave Epcot in a way,but I also really wanted to eat at Ohana's. Maybe it wouldn't have seemed so sad if it would have been just Kaitlyn and I, but I knew Cruella and Kylie were meeting us there for dinner. I had wanted them to have thier own adr to go to tonight,but she hadn't given me any input on what they were going to do today,and so I had made the adr for 4,just in case she didn't have anything set up.I told her she could have made something when we first got there,and I happened to know they had an open adr for 50's Prime Time,because I checked the day before and told her to call if she wanted it for her and Kylie. She never called,and I wasn't about to do it for her.So as it turned out,they were joining us,and I was annoyed at myself for not making that adr for them now. I really wanted the whole day to be for Kaitlyn and I.

As we were walking out towards the monorail,Kaitlyn told me she had a really fun day with me,and that it was nice to ride the rides for once and enjoy the attractions other then the gift shops! She said that was mostly all Kylie wanted to do too,was shop. We had a good laugh,and decided then and there that we were going to make it clear to both Cruella and Kylie that mother and daughter day wasn't officially over just because we were having dinner with them. We planned to hang out together after dinner again,and decided we would come back to Epcot and enjoy the extra magic hours that night.

Cruella and Kylie were already at Ohana's when we arrived,and had checked us in already,so we were taken to our table as soon as we got there. We were given our leis and taken to a table,but not by a window,which made Cruella complain until I asked how thier day went. They had managed to have some fun together after all,according to her. Kylie has a different veiw point according to Kaitlyn. However at the time,I didn't know that,and so I thought it was nice hearing how they had spent thier day.They had gone over to MGM,and showed me a picture they had taken with Star Wars.It turned out good,but it cost them 40.00 for it,and I liked the one Kaitlyn and I had taken in Epcot,and ours cost less then half of thiers.

Cruella,Kylie and I all ate the usual Ohana fare,but Kaitlyn asked for a vegetarian platter and the chef came out to speak to her.She loved how special he made her feel. He asked what sort of things she liked and didn't like,and promised her he would create something special for her. A short while later,the server brought her her dinner,and it looked awesome! Kaitlyn felt bad for destroying his artwork until I took a picture of it.We all tasted a sample of it and then the chef came out and asked how she liked it . We all chime din how delicious it was,and he acted like he was very happy that he got to create something special just for Kaitlyn...which then made her feel special. I thought that was so nice of him.

During dinner,Kaitlyn and Kylie got up to play one or two of the games,just because they wanted more leis.When they were finished they came back with so many leis they had some on thier heads,and wrists,around thier neck,ect.Goofy girls.
We all loved the bread pudding there. Yummy! I want to go back right now just so I could have some!

After our dinner,Cruella wanted to check out the gift store,and we took some pictures in the lobby.

After that we all walked to the bus stop,and Cruella was asking Kylie what they were going to do now. I think Kylie was trying to keep all of us together,because she decided she wanted to go to Epcot too. I looked at Kaitlyn and sent my brain waves over to her telling her I didn't want that to happen. We got on the bus t go over to Epcot and Kaitlyn actually sat with me in my seat. I was shocked,since Kylie and Cruella were on the bus too.The bus was stopping off at the Grand Floridia,and Kaitlyn and I had been making some last minute plan changes now.We decided that we would like to try and get a ride on the Flights in Character balloon yet,as we had been trying every time we were at DTD,and the timing was always bad.They weren't going up for this reason or that.So whent he bus stopped at the Grand Floridia,we told them we changed our minds and decided to do something else since we had been in Epcot all day,and we quickly got off. As soon as we got off,we realized the bus for DTD was pulling up and we got on that one.The whole time since we had left the bus,we were giggling for ditching Cruella and Kylie. I know it probaly sounds mean to some of you,but we only did this once,and it was mother and daughter day after all!
So we go to DTD,and of course,the balloon isn't going up again. So we just walked around,going into some of the shops we don't usually go into,just to check them out. We took time out for a sundae at Ghiardellis and then Kaitlyn began to get fascinated when we stopped to watch a street performer,so I went over to the soap store,and picked up a few of the scents I had fallen in love with earlier that week.When I finished,she was still watching the street performer,so I told her I was going into the Christmas store and I would meet her at Goofy's candy shop,before we would catch the boat back to our resort. She acknowledged she heard me ,and I went to the Christmas shop,where I quickly bought one of the characters from Kylies"s favorite movie. She had mentioned earlier in the week she wanted Sally,so I wanted to get her something since Cruella had bought a tshirt for Kaitlyn when we were at Rainforest Cafe. I planned to lay it on her pillow when we got back and surprise her with it.

Then I went over to the candy shop and looked around for awhile.I wanted to use whatever remaining snacks I had here and buy some treats to take home with me. After awhile,I met up with Kaitlyn,and we took the boat back to our resort,where I decided to do a quick load of laundry.While that was washing and drying,Kaitlyn and I sat in the jacuzzi forawhile and then went swimming.We took the laundry back to our room,and Cruella and Kylie were still out. It looked like they had decided to stay for extra magic hours ar Epcot. I was glad for them,but slightly ticked off as well,because that was suppossed to have been where Kaitlyn and I were going to spend the evening.I had not been to one single extram magic hour time on this trip,and that is so not like me. I usually go to as many as possible.
Yeah well....it was worth not being there if it meant I had a night free of Cruella I told myself.
So Kaitlyn and I began to go through some of our souveneirs and pack them nicely into the suitcase that had held food when we came down. There was still some room for more! Yeah. Kaitlyn walked to The foodcourt to fill our cups,while I showered,and then she took hers.We got into our jammies,and watched some tv together until Cruella and Kylie came back to the room.They had gone to Epcot and had stopped at Mouse Gears and rode some rides. We all went to bed shortly afterwards. Tomorrow would be our last full day,and while I was happy this trip was over soon, I was also still a little sad to leave Disney World. I just kept thinking how there was so much I hadn't done on this trip and should have had plenty of time for.I determined to myself that tomorrow I was going to get an early start on the day and make the most of it. As I fell asleep,there was an ache in my heart.

I have some pictures to post yet,but I have to leave for work now,so I will do that later tonight at work. That way,I don't waste all I have done so far. Later!

I just joined your TR and I can tell you honestly that you were much more gracious on this trip than I would have ever been. Every time I read about you canceling ADR's that were made, especially for free dining, I kept thinking FREE DINING!!!!! I am glad that you and your DD had a good time on your mother/daughter day. I had an experience (though not nearly as dramatic) with the trip that I took with a friend when we turned 21. The entire trip she was complaining about the heat, waiting in line, it was never ending. I empathize. I am a firm believer in research for vacations and I think if you travel anywhere you should educate yourself to a minimum about said place. She should have taken the time to educate herself a bit more about WDW. I hope that despite it all, you still had a good enough time.

I just joined your TR and I can tell you honestly that you were much more gracious on this trip than I would have ever been. Every time I read about you canceling ADR's that were made, especially for free dining, I kept thinking FREE DINING!!!!! I am glad that you and your DD had a good time on your mother/daughter day. I had an experience (though not nearly as dramatic) with the trip that I took with a friend when we turned 21. The entire trip she was complaining about the heat, waiting in line, it was never ending. I empathize. I am a firm believer in research for vacations and I think if you travel anywhere you should educate yourself to a minimum about said place. She should have taken the time to educate herself a bit more about WDW. I hope that despite it all, you still had a good enough time.

Welcome to my trip report. Yes,the way you described how your friend was is how Cruella was as well.She was always complaining about the heat,the lines,(there were hardly any) and other people.If she had to stand on a bus,she complained. She complained that you couldn't go from one resort to another unless you were on the monorail line. She complained that the foodcourt didn't not have lemonaide.What was worse is when she complained about Disney itself,or the cast members.She was always trying to get something from Disney if things didn't go the way she thought they should have.She lost her hat,and somehow this was Disney's fault and they should make it up to her.It jus got old very fast.I can't remember how every conversation we had went,just the ones that really bothered me,but if I could,you all would have been begging to be shot by now..as I was...haha:rotfl2:

File0607.jpg
[/IMG]

This is the dinner the chef at Ohana's created for Kaitlyn.

File0609.jpg
[/IMG]
File0610.jpg
[/IMG]

Kaitlyn & Kylie enjoying thier dinner.
File0619.jpg
[/IMG]

The girls wearing thier leis. They gave some to Cruella and I to wear as well.
File0620.jpg
[/IMG]
I distorted Cruella's face. I will try and go back and do that for the others then.
File0626.jpg
[/IMG]

File0636.jpg
[/IMG]

File0640.jpg
[/IMG]

File0638-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Sounds like you and Kaitlyn had some really sweet moments together today and that Mother/ Daughter Day was a sucess dor you two. Sounds like a redreshing change of pace.

is it just my end - all your pics from M/D day have red x's - :(

I am SO glad you got to have a mother/daughter day! Kaitlyn was such a sweetheart to post what she did on Facebook and to really enjoy the day. Those are memories you can cherish forever :love:

It would have been a hard decision to not go to Epcot after dinner. I might have gone ahead and hoped not to run into them but then that may have spoiled your time trying to dodge them (if that was what you would have had to do!)

Do you have any pics of Kaitlyn watching the dolphins? The ones you posted of her watching the stingrays are so cute. I hope on your last day that you got to visit some attractions you missed earlier in the trip.

Sounds like you and Kaitlyn had some really sweet moments together today and that Mother/ Daughter Day was a sucess dor you two. Sounds like a redreshing change of pace.

Yes,it was a really nice day we spent together. We weren't rushing ,but we did do alot of the things we wanted to do,as well as just getting the chance to spend some time with her,that was what made my day. I wish the entire trip could have went like that day.

is it just my end - all your pics from M/D day have red x's - :(
Sorry,I don't know why that is. Sometimes that happens to me too when I am reading other peoples trip reportd. Anyone know why this is?

I am SO glad you got to have a mother/daughter day! Kaitlyn was such a sweetheart to post what she did on Facebook and to really enjoy the day. Those are memories you can cherish forever :love:

It would have been a hard decision to not go to Epcot after dinner. I might have gone ahead and hoped not to run into them but then that may have spoiled your time trying to dodge them (if that was what you would have had to do!)

Do you have any pics of Kaitlyn watching the dolphins? The ones you posted of her watching the stingrays are so cute. I hope on your last day that you got to visit some attractions you missed earlier in the trip.

Yes,Kaitlyn really does have a good heart. I wish we would have gone back to Epcot,but I didn't want to risk running into Cruella and Kylie.If we had gone,that could have happened,and I wasn't about to let it..lol

mother and daughter day sounds like the best day of the holiday, glad you two got to spend some time together xx

It was really nice.I wish I could have done what I wanted to do and take her to MNSSHP,but she wasn't interested in it. She didn't want me to plan anything,but just go with the flow. I would have also loved to take her to see Cirque,since my older dd and I did that on one of our trips.I loved it and know Kaitlyn would have too,but she just didn't want me to plan anything,and I think part of the reason why was because she had been hearing Kylie tell her that Cruella was complaining all along that I was planning every moment of the trip...which I really wasn't.

I'm so glad you got to have your mother daughter day, it seems like it was a good day. Sorry you didn't get to do EMH at Epcot, but you did look on the bright side, no Cruella!
I got a little teary when you talked about Kaitlynn watching the dolphins as if she was a child again. I know how that feels, we look at our kids being so close to grown up and then they go and do something so innocent and childlike it stops us in our tracks and sends us on a a quick trip down memory lane.
I am really interested in the picture you took after the figments imagination, I have never heard of that before, can you tell me more about it?
I hate to see this TR come to an end, I am enjoying it so much, it's so honest and full of details, my favorite kind of TR.
I'm looking forward to the next installment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter