A spare day?

Aliceacc

DIS Veteran
My sister currently has one unscheduled day for her upcoming (late July/ early Aug) trip.

She's thinking of maybe spending some time on the Searacers at the Poly, even though 2 of her kids are definitlely too small. She's fishing around for a better idea.

I suggested possibly DTD ("Do I really want to go to WDW just to shop??")-- is it worth the time?

I also suggested BBB, though her kids are not big into the whole princess thing.

Any ideas??

What about a waterpark? Or just wandering around all of the resorts?

Where is she staying? Based on your comment about DTD, it makes me think she may be staying offsite. If she is staying offsite, DTD is probably her best bet if she wants to spend a non-park day at WDW. Other than shopping, there is Disney Quest & a movie theater.

There are also a couple of miniature golf courses, one near Blizzard Beach, and one near the Boardwalk area.

Speaking of the Boardwalk, it can be a kind of fun area to be in the evening. Maybe have dinner there. There are some entertainers out at night, they can rent a surrey bike, and you can see a good bit of the Illuminations fireworks.

She'll be at the Poly.

She did Blizzard Beach last year, I'll mention Typhoon Lagoon to her.

Oh, and I forgot all about the Boardwalk!

She'll be at the Poly.

She did Blizzard Beach last year, I'll mention Typhoon Lagoon to her.

Oh, and I forgot all about the Boardwalk!

Well, if I had a spare day and was staying at the Poly, I would hang out at the resort and swim, rent some boats, maybe resort hop the monorail resorts, and then maybe go to DTD (or Boardwalk) in the evening.

If you're going to pay the $$$ for the resort, you might as well enjoy it.

I'd hang out at the resort.

How many days is she there? It's not much more to add a day to the tickets unless she is already using a 10-day.

DTD has a shop called Once Upon A Toy Store. It has the fill up boxes for both the My little ponies and the Potato Heads.

DTD for sure and time at the pool/resort. Spend the morning and afternoon at the resort/pool then hop over to DTD for the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter