A Sore subject

tony64

<font color=blue>Should've been a Cowboy<br><font
This is not your normal line of question i know but can anyone tell me the best way to avoid getting very sore on my inner thighs :blush:
On our last trip is was very hot,due to all the sweating and my thighs rubbing I became very sore which made walking around the parks very uncomfitable.
Has anyone any ideas as to how i can avoid this when we go back this summer?
Lossing a couple of stone would help but I don't think that is really likely to happen as i enjoy my food to much :rotfl:

Wear cropped pants or longer shorts.

I have heard that Avon do a foot cream rub that stops shoes rubbing feet, Apparently it also stops sore inner thighs!

yup....capri pants or cropped pants, or whatever you call them in the UK....(trousers that end somewhere between the knee and the ankle)..

much better than shorts, if you have that thigh rubbing problem....that's all i ever wear at WDW....they're still cool enough not to die in the heat...make sure they're very light cotton (or you'll die)

Evans do things called Comfort Shorts for exactly that purpose. They come in flesh or black and are a bit like cut off tights. I used them a couple of years ago and they do work well. One year my thighs rubbed so badly they were nearly bleeding :sad1: :sad1: I have since lost 4 stone!

I normally wear knee length shorts which still didn't help, it's the material seam that rubs me rare.

Maybe an antipersparent sprayed on the thighs may help?????

Tony I have never tried it but I have heard that you can buy a product called Moleskin which "sticks" onto the area which rubs (before the rubbing begins) and prevents it??

I will have a search on the theme park board and see if I can find any helpful threads :)

Hi

I found cotton shorts worked and if i wore a skirt I wore cycling shorts under them. I can handle hot thighs, but not feet hence no tights. I have the same problem, at work my dress I sometimes wore on the wards were a nightmare again I wore cycling shorts underneath. Never caused me a prob.

I am going again in Oct I hope to lose the weight and stop this from happening. Then when I was thinner my thighs sometimes rubbed pends on how hot the weather was.

For me cycling shorts! Creams and talc never works. It blocks your pours and makes you sweat more.

Thanks Karen.
Happy New Year by the way

And to you Tony :teeth:

Well I've had a quick look and all the threads I can see regarding Moleskin are to do with blisters on feet. I know I have read something somewhere about how to deal with this problem, but maybe I have got my inne thighs mixed with feet? :rotfl:

I know I have seen it somewhere so I will let you know when (if!) I find it!!

Well, I sometimes get it here in England aswell, I tend to find wearing cropped trousers ( Cotton of course ) seem to work fine! and a nice breeze

Tony

As somebody else has said Avon, do a product called Anti- Friction Balm, which can be used on areas prone to chafing or blistering, it is fantastic and I have used it myself on my heels, but it can be used anywhere on the body as long as its not on broken skin.

Hope this helps.

Sue :wave2:

Can I just ask what is a stone and how equal to a lb. is it? I have heard it more then once on this and other threads. Thanks

A stone is equal to 14 Pounds (LB's) in weight, I want to loose 2 "Stone" so in theory i want to loose 28 pounds :)

Thanks Sue
I will have to see if I can get some.
It would be preferable to haveing to walk like John Wayne :rotfl:

Using a very good quality, unperfumed talc on your inner thighs works very well - it makes the skin slide rather than rub. We always used this in hospital for ladies who had the same problem under their heavy breasts. Worked a treat.

Vaseline works, but it's a bit oily. I believe that you can get a special athletes lubricant that long distance runners use, nit sure where you get it from though.

You could try other lubricants like the one from Kentucky ;)

What about a small container of talc & carrying that into the parks. also have you tried underwear with "longer legs"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter