A Solo Escape From The Frozen Tundra

kollegekreed

Earning My Ears
Hi all! Will just be doing a short trip report on my first time in Disney in about 10 years. I tend to do these after my cruises (vacation of choice) so figured I might as well here as well.

I am a 29 year old male named Chris from New Hampshire. A friend got married in Tampa over the weekend, so Day 1 of Disney was actually Day 4 in Florida.

I arrived at the All Star Music Resort at 12:45 Monday 3/3. There were only 3 or 4 people in line to check in. The (very confusable) cast member got my magic band all set up and had me on my way with the promise of a text message when my room was ready.

I jumped back in the rental car and made a beeline for Epcot. I parked with no wait and was on the tram into the park within 5 minutes. I could tell it was going to be quiet right away when the Spaceship Earth wait said 15 minutes yet I was on in less than 5. This was the theme for most of the day.

I had a passable lunch at Electric Umbrella and headed out to explore everything in Future world. Im not going to go through everything...the only thing I DIDNT do was Ellen's 45 minute energy spiel and Turtle Talk. My FPs were for Soarin, Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth. I was on Mission Space in less than 10 minutes. In fact, the only thing I actually waited for was Soarin, and it was the only fast pass I used! It was about 15 minutes with Fast Pass. Even at this totally off peak point, the wait for standby on soarin's was 90-100 minutes. Test Track I went as a single rider and made it on in around 10 minutes. I can't complain about a single wait...it was great! Im not a "good" rider...Mission Space EASY still made me a little queasy and claustrophobic :sad1: But, I hadnt done Test Track before and was a little worried but I enjoyed that one :)

For dinner I figured I would try to find something in Italy. Ended up at Tutto Italia and while the maitre D was clearly bothered by having to find a table for one, I only waited about 10 minutes. The lasagna and tiramisu were to die for - that said, not worth $50. Oh well, when in Rome...

Illuminations was great as expected. I read all the tips here and made sure to be near the France Bridge with plenty of time to spare. Once the show was done I walked with the masses out to the parking lots and after a great tour of the Discover lot, "discovered" my car.

Came back to All Star Music and found a parking spot by building 2...unfortunately I am in Rock 4, but it wasnt an awful walk.

The room is OK...I only paid $88 a night and its worth that. I can't for the life of me understand paying $200,$300, $400, $700 a night for Disney hotel rooms...I literally got back at 10, got a snack (cookie ice cream sandwich), and now about to sleep. Tomorrow will be 12+ hours at Magic Kingdom so won't be in the room much then either!

To be continued...

Day Two! Magic Nutty Kingdom!

The crowd calendar said a 1-3, but it must have been a 7-8. Most rides had ~hour wait times any time after noon until 7. Fastpass kiosks had 15-20 minute lines themselves! Eating wasnt too easy, but made it happen.

As someone who hasnt been in 10 years, I was amazed at how much has changed as far as frontierland and adventureland. Did as many rides as possible but the lines really didnt die down until after dinner.

I LOVED Celebrations! Great concept.

I am POOPED. Supposed to rain tomorrow, but Animal Kingdom calls...

Animal Kingdom on Day 3 was much quieter, but still busy. Did the safari with my FP as soon as I got in the park. Was brave enough to try Everest later in the day (I don't do coasters) and it was a little much for me, though im sure most coaster enthusiasts would call it tame :rotfl2:

Loved having time to just go as slow as I wanted around the animals, etc. Its a great little park to hang out in and it wasn't too cold. I did skip the Kali river rapids because I just didn't feel like being soaked :)

Flew home to NH today...16 degrees. Below zero tonight. Wish I never got on the plane...

Just a couple observations:

Fastpass + worked fine for me in all 3 parks. My magicband worked flawlessly, never had an issue anywhere.

Being solo was a little weirder than I expected here. Ive done it in cruises and in vegas, but Disney was a different animal. When you tell the guy on Winnie The Pooh you're alone, people are bound to look twice. Cest la vie...had a fun time anyway :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter