A solo DDP with a bottle of Antacid....PRE TRIP report

raniroo

If you look like your passport photo you need the
Welcome to my first Solo Disney Dining Pre Trip Report. :welcome:

I am super excited about my upcoming trip in September/October. I am staying at POFQ and doing the Dining Plan (and a few out of pocket table restaurants), plus attending the Food and Wine Festival and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party...then a few days over at Universal (gasp, shock, horror!!!) and will do a Halloween Horror Night!

I have actually cancelled this trip twice in the past 2 years and I decided that 2010 was my year and there was no way I was NOT going to do this trip. Last year I did go to Disneyland Paris for 5 days to get a taste of what was to come. Disney Paris just didn't live up to the whole Disney spirit...don't get me wrong I had a fabulous time, but it just lacked a little bit of Pixie Dust.

Many months in the planning, drooling over the DIS boards, searching the web for anything Disney, to choosing the restaurants I wanted to dine at and working around the Food and Wine Festival (because that is one of the main reasons I am coming....along with my first Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party)....I have finally come up with a plan of action (and lots of food).

So what's my story?

This is me at Disneyland Paris last year....

P3040172.jpg

I am a bit of a Disney nut, which my family and friends think is hilarious seeing my age, but I reckon you can enjoy Disney at any age! I was 8 went I took my first Disney adventure, and have been having adventures ever since. I am from Australia and have been residing in Dubai for the past 3 years. It's hot, it's sandy, it's extravagent and I need some reality...so why not a visit to Disney!

Originally I was supposed to leave for Disney in early October for 2 weeks. Once my 180 days hit I was on the website everyday making my dining reservations to ensure that I was going to get every restaurant I wanted. A few days ago I was invited to a girls weekend in Chicago late September, but there was no way I could take another 10 days of annual leave to go and I just couldn't take a flight like that for a weekend. I was going to miss it by a week. However, I managed to pull a few strings and was able to change my dates to go to Disney a week earlier and I can do both! Super exciting....I freaked out about getting my dining reservations sorted for the new dates (seeing that I was now 2 weeks behind the 180 day mark) but I was delighted to get everything I wanted including Cali Grill and Le Cellier! The timings are little all over the place but I will deal with it.

I am a big foodie! Love to taste food from fine dining to gutter grub and really looking forward to participating in the F&W Festival.... oh yeah....also I have a lapband! I was banded in August last year and have lost a total of 40 kgs (that is 88 pounds!) and hopefully by the time my trip rolls around I will have lost a whole heap more. I am a little scared about the amount of food that will be placed in front of my drooling mouth....but I know the signs and my limitations.....

So let the feasting begin.....

T Rex
Fultons
Tusker House
Yak n Yeti
Boma (Dinner)
50's Prime Time
Sci Fi
Casey's Corner
Columbia House
Olivia's (Dinner)
Boma (Breakfast)
Flame Tree BBQ
Jiko
Cosmic Ray's
Crystal Palace
Cape May Clam Bake
1900 Park Fare
Ohana's
Peco Bills
Whispering Canyon
Wolfgang Puck Express
California Grill
Sunshine Seasons
Le Cellier
Narcossees
Olivia's (Breakfast)
F&W Booths

Any tips, advice, food input or just anything generally Disney is appreciated!

I've lost about 100 lbs now all by myself and Disney posed a challenge for me because im too scared to gain the weight back! Anyways I'd suggest that alot of places offer grapes apple slices or carrots instead of fries (i know someone who was banded and could stand french fries) so just in case know you have that option!

Sounds good enjoy your trip.

Hello and congrats on your upcoming trip, and your amazing weight loss!!! Your ADRs sound great! You should be very proud of yourself for getting the band surgery, and making it work!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:worship::worship: Very hard to do, so bravo!!!! Just remember to try everything but finish nothing!!!!!!!!!!! (someone told me that once and it really stuck!) Can't wait to read more about your plans!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thanks for the tips!

I am hoping I won't be to tight (band) and can enjoy some of the food. At the moment I can only eat about 1/2 cup to a cup per meal (see the reason why I can't do deluxe!). Also, some meats and vegetables don't sit well including raw fruit and veg, so I will be very careful in food choices...I know I definitely won't be clearing my plate..when I go out at home I usually take a doggy bag home that lasts me another 2 meals! And as I don't won't to gain to much weight (if any) I won't be having fill out so I can eat more!

What I am really looking forward to is the F&W booths (as they will be good portion sizes), Jiko and Cali Grill.....

Well I am well and truly getting excited about my trip. I have planned to so much into my time, but enough free time to change plans around if needed (around ADR's anyway:thumbsup2).

One of the best things that has happened in the past couple of months is that Disney offered me a super upgrade. I was booked into POFQ and they have upgraded me to a 1 bedroom deluxe villa at OKW for the whole 2 weeks....Disney Magic at its finest (and before I even set foot on property!):yay: who wouldn't be happy with that!

Weight loss is going very well and so far down 110lbs....great restriction but not enough to cause any problems with food...I think will manage quite well...

The week before I head to Disney I am jogging a 5K in Chicago (something I haven't even walked in over 10 years). I am kicking up the exercise in preparation and looking forward to it!

The next month is not going to go fast enough!:woohoo: (can you tell I am getting excited?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter