A single or a double stroller?

I say get the double. We have a baby jogger city series double and it works great with 2 older kids. It's great for night time when we head back to a park and the kids can take a rest. Or if just one wants to rest, then you can use the other seat for some storage.

Our thinking is better safe than sorry! We always say "do we need to take the jogger again" and in the end we're very glad we did.

I think that's what i'm leaning towards......renting the double to be safe.

Our son is way too old for a stoller! But we were thinking of getting a single on for our backpack and drinks. I know they are expensive, but i'm thinking it might be worth the convience of setting the heavy backpack down, along with our drinks. It could be a good space saver for parades too. Anyone have any ideas, thoughts or should we stop being silly!!??:rotfl:

Our son is way too old for a stoller! But we were thinking of getting a single on for our backpack and drinks. I know they are expensive, but i'm thinking it might be worth the convience of setting the heavy backpack down, along with our drinks. It could be a good space saver for parades too. Anyone have any ideas, thoughts or should we stop being silly!!??:rotfl:

kind of silly;) but who cares..I would never spend that money to do it though unless I really needed it. Consider bringing less stuff to the parks:thumbsup2

Perhaps it is time to consider putting your backpacks on a diet!! Seems like you could save money on the stroller and just buy what you are hauling around if you end up needing it!

First off I dont have kids. That said though, it seems strollers are a real pain in the... You have to park it, gets the kids out, lock it (if you dont trust people), after the ride, find the stroller, get the kids back in. It seems to me it might be easier to take it slower and avoid the stroller all together.
We are debating taking my (unborn- due in 9 days :banana:) nephew next year (and of course his parents, trip is more for them then him obviously) and I am trying to plan the trip so he is still small enough to be in some sort of sling/bjourn/backpack so no stroller needed. Bring it to the park, park it in a safe spot and don't go back for it until he needs to nap in it.

I would get a double. My kids were 5 and 7 on our last trip and I rented a single stroller for 1 VERY hot day at Epcot and they fought the entire day about whose turn it was to sit in the stroller. At home, neither of them had used a stroller for years, but like someone else said, Disney is a whole other ball game when it comes to walking.

Don't know how big your kids are but they sold collapsible strollers in the gift shop at Coronado Springs, so you could play it by ear and buy 1 or 2 if you really them (I think they were about $25-$30). After your trip, you could just pass them along to another family at your resort or take them home with you. This option allows you to "split up" if you want to.

Whatever you decide, this is YOUR family trip so do whatever feels right for your family

I'd go with the single, and then have the kids take turns. Especially if the 4 year old is active, and you think he/she might want to walk quite a bit.

My youngest will be 7 1/2 when we go this trip, and it didn't even cross my mind that he might need a stroller. I'm really looking forward to not having to get one; the other two trips the kids were 4,4,2 and 5,5,3; so we always rented at least a double,and sometimes a single too. It sounds like heaven not finally not have to push one around the parks! But in your case, I could see why it could cause issues if the 7 year old wants to ride in one after seeing the 4 year old in the stroller.

I say, go for the double stroller!

Between the sheer amount of walking one does while at WDW and the heat, little kids tire easily. Tired kids whine endlessly [well, mine does at least! :headache:] and IMO having a double is the way to go. Your little ones won't have to worry about taking turns if both are wiped out or just flat out tired of walking at the same time.

The rule in our family was - "no stroller after 5" (for WDW only, never used one earlier than that in regular life.

It was necessary for me due to 1) with 2 kids 18 months apart the oldest one needed to know the rule upfront or he would always want one way past when needed when his little sis was still getting one and 2) I needed to get past using the crutch for MYSELF - it is way too tempting for me to keep using it even now since dd is a whiner at times, but honestly she is 6 now and does not need a stroller. It was more for me and so I didn't have to parent as much (reminders about whining...extra snack or rest breaks if necessary, discipline when necessary) on vacation by educating dd that she was, in fact, a big enough girl to walk at that point.

By establishing the rule early on, ds knew that when he turned 6 we would only have a single stroller and that it was for dd not him. So he knew what to expect. Also it geared dd up for her first trip without it...we went walking around the block together, etc. to get her legs in shape.

I have no problem with people using them when needed, but often I think it is the parents who are being lazy by not 'encouraging' their kids to walk and not the kids laziness! :)

If there is a struggle with the double - I say go for the single!

Rent the double and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. My kids didn't typically ride in the stroller past the age of 3, but in Disney we rented the double stroller until my youngest were 5 and 6 and it was worth every penny.

Also, get prepared, because this topic tends to get hot and brings out a lot of nasty opinions about lazy kids and lazy parents. They will flame you for asking and flame me and flame anybody else who thinks it's okay to put a child over the age of 3 in a stroller.

:thumbsup2 We will be getting a double. My kids are 4 and 6. Why anyone would care what we do for our family is beyond me.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter