A simple thank you!

Sabeking

DIS Veteran
This may not seem like a big deal to you when you do this....... but I wanted to thank anyone who has ever simply opened a door, moved a chair...etc for an elderly and/ or handicapped person. My mom is slowly passing away and is presently in a wheelchair. I take her out once a week and am amazed everyday at the simple acts of kindness of strangers. Simply opening a door literally takes off a little bit of the burden of being a caretaker! You may not know this but you really are a blessing. ;)

Though I am not yet elderly, I either use a scooter or a walker to get around. I cannot begin to count the kindnesses that strangers offer me when I am out in public. Even children who have not been asked will hold a door or other small assistance. It does ease my physical struggle and I am more than grateful.

You are a blessing, too, for taking your mom out often, so she doesn't feel shut-in. I know it must raise her spirits. Best wishes for your mom's health.

The majority of people out there are incredibly kind. My Dad is in a wheelchair and my best story was when we were in Sea World San Antonio. It was the middle of the summer and I was really wiped out by the end of the day. We were heading up to see the last Shamu show and the incline looked daunting. Like out of nowhere this big strapping young man saw me and said "you look like you could use a boost" and he took the chair and pushed him like he was pushing a wheelchair of pillows verses a 250lb man up an incline. Totally made my day!

was a "pusher" for my dad for 5 years and really appreciated all of the help with doors, etc. i also appreciated those who left the van accessible handicapped spaces for vans. i realize that it's not possible all of the time but it does help. still have my mom who uses the regular handicapped spaces but we never use the van ones. we also try to open doors. yousometimes never realize things like that until you are in that position to need help.

Though I am not yet elderly, I either use a scooter or a walker to get around. I cannot begin to count the kindnesses that strangers offer me when I am out in public. Even children who have not been asked will hold a door or other small assistance. It does ease my physical struggle and I am more than grateful.

You are a blessing, too, for taking your mom out often, so she doesn't feel shut-in. I know it must raise her spirits. Best wishes for your mom's health.

Thank you! It's a privilege to care for her!

The majority of people out there are incredibly kind. My Dad is in a wheelchair and my best story was when we were in Sea World San Antonio. It was the middle of the summer and I was really wiped out by the end of the day. We were heading up to see the last Shamu show and the incline looked daunting. Like out of nowhere this big strapping young man saw me and said "you look like you could use a boost" and he took the chair and pushed him like he was pushing a wheelchair of pillows verses a 250lb man up an incline. Totally made my day!

Great story!

I was on crutches for a week this summer. Carrying packages into the post office is hard enough. Now add in crutches. Yes, simply opening the door was wonderful. Would really loved someone to carry the package from the car too, but hey, can't get everything. I learned to adapt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter