A Simple Guide to Making an Autograph Book

So....I'm having a problem with shutterfly.......I can't seem to get the photos non-low resolution...meaning that they're blurry.....anyone have any ideas? Thank you

When you copied them from the designers' photobuckets did you expand them (not just copy the thumbnail) and save them as pictures ("save picture as")?

Well, everyone, I'm off to visit Mickey! :yay: :banana: If you have any questions that can't wait a week, please post them on the main board of the sub-forum. I'll make a full report (with pictures) about which characters we saw in which parks. I'll see you back here in a week! :wave2: pixiedust: :wave2:

I like the idea of using Shutterfly or something similar to make a photo flip book - but won't that come printed on glossy photo paper? I like the ease of doing it that way, but would really rather have the texture of card stock rather than photo paper. Makes for better signing (no smudges).

Feedback? :confused3

So....I'm having a problem with shutterfly.......I can't seem to get the photos non-low resolution...meaning that they're blurry.....anyone have any ideas? Thank you

I had this problem when using another designer's images, since they were only meant to be printed 4x6. When I switched to donatalie's designs, they printed fine.

By the way, I received mine a few days ago and it looks great!

How many autograph pages should I make for 3 1/2 days? I am using the generic ones and don't want to make it too thick.

We just got back on Saturday from an awesome 8 days in the World!!!! I got sooooo many comments on my autograph books!! Several of the characters even said something about having their own page!! It was something to add a little more interaction to the meetings! We got about 50 autos in really on like 5 days becasue 3 of the days for some reason we literally got none. This does include 2 character meals.

As far as the blank pages in the books the kids want to keep them in for next time...we will see when next time rolls around we may just do new books....who knows! The only thing I think I would do differently is print out more of then in hopes of seeing them and if we didn't you could get rid of them...I like the ones on the printed pages so much that I really wish I had one for all of the ones we saw instead of some printed and some generic.....or maybe I would do all generic...I am a bit obsessive though so that might not bother others :)

We saw a TON of characters in DHS...in the Animation building...the CM told me they do it every non Fantasmic night around 4:30ish....they had one group out and then they would go in and another group would come out!! It was great!!!! Just in there we saw....Minnie, Pluto, Goffy, Sorcerer Mickey, Eeyore, Stitch, Mulan, Pochantas and Meeko, Mary Poppins and Mr. Penguin, Tweedle Dee and Dum, Mr. Incredible and Frozone, Aladdin and Jasmine....I think that was it...it was a bit overwhelming but it was really cool and hardly any lines!!!

Hope this helps those of you going soon!!! Have Fun!!!!

I'm back, and we had a fabulous time. :cool1: These are all of the characters that we saw in out and about the parks (not counting the ones in the parades or shows):
Characters we met and/or saw at the Parks (1/30-2/6)
Aladdin
Alice
Annie
Ariel (as a Mermaid)
Ariel (Teal Gown)
Aurora
Baloo
Beast
Belle (Blue Dress)
Belle (Yellow Gown)
Blue Ranger
Carl
Chef Donald
Chef Goofy
Chef Mickey
Chef Minnie
Chef Pluto
Chip
Cinderella
Daisy
Dale
Donald
Dug
Eeyore
Fairy Godmother
Fawn
Frontier Donald
Frontier Goofy
Frozone
Goliath
Goofy
Green Army Men
Green Ranger
Jasmine
Jessie
Jojo
King Louie
Leo
Lightning McQueen
Lilo
Marie
Mary Poppins
Mater
Mickey
Minnie
Mr. Incredible
Mrs. Incredible
Mulan
Pink Ranger
Pluto
Russell
Safari Donald
Safari Daisy
Safari Goofy
Safari Mickey
Senior Donald
Snow White
Sorcerer Mickey
Stitch
Terk
Terrence
Tigger
Tinkerbell
White Ranger
Winnie the Pooh
Woody
Yellow Ranger

We probably would have seen more, but it rained several days while we were there. I hope this list helps all of you current autograph book makers! :goodvibes

How many autograph pages should I make for 3 1/2 days? I am using the generic ones and don't want to make it too thick.

I would print 25 generic pages. It really depends on which parks you are going to visit, and how willing you are to stand in line to get the autographs. We saw a lot of characters, but often chose to ride or see an attraction rather than stand in a long line. :goodvibes

These are the books I made two years ago. We still use my DD's every time we go. But I did hers as a 5x7 and I carry it with a small clipboard - makes it easier for the characters to sign it. I also keep it in a large ziplock in my backpack to protect it from getting wet.

I triple hole punched on the sides (when I cut out the pages I left about 2" on the left side) and tied it all together with ribbon. This makes it easy to remove the pages AFTER the characters have signed them, so the book is not as heavy on subsequent trips...

2008_0121Christmas0001.jpg

That is so weird! My children have the same names spelled the same way!

Ok, so I sent my prints to Shutterfly to have them printed, I was so excited to get them back only to find out that they cut off most of the boarders!!
I had them printed in 4X6 and I did a preview on their page to make sure they would print right.
They dont look "bad" but I don't like them because I know what they are supposed to look like! My husband thinks I am being obsessive!!! But I don't wanna use them!!LOL

Ok, so I sent my prints to Shutterfly to have them printed, I was so excited to get them back only to find out that they cut off most of the boarders!!
I had them printed in 4X6 and I did a preview on their page to make sure they would print right.
They dont look "bad" but I don't like them because I know what they are supposed to look like! My husband thinks I am being obsessive!!! But I don't wanna use them!!LOL

Oh, Nettaboo, how disappointing! You could try having them printed again at your local Walmart or Walgreens. Did you contact Shutterfly? They may offer to reprint them for you if you complain loudly enough.

I was going to let them reprint them but they said they don't know why they didn't print right. When you do the preview on their page for the 4X6 nothing is cut off. I just didn't feel like going through the hassle again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter