A Simple Guide to Making an Autograph Book

Discussion in 'Creative DISigns' started by MusicMouse, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Saralew

Saralew Earning My Ears

I am making 2 autograph books- trying to decided between an 8x8 or 5x7. Which is bet for kids and characters ?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. godiva99

godiva99 Mouseketeer

I am trying to print using excel but the images, while sized to 4.01 x6.01 are printing 6.25 and 3.75 :confused3

I used excel in order to mark where i need to cut since i dont' know how to do that on Word and my photoshop program is on my DHs work computer and he's not home yet.

Any ideas?

4. godiva99

godiva99 Mouseketeer

Ok so I know, it's new years and I'm here, worried about printing my autograph book!:rotfl:

But...i'm going by Staples on Wednesday and need to get these printed and cut.

Is there a clean cut format you use on word for it? I'm particularly interested in something with lines or "bleed cut" markings to make cutting even and easy. I made a template on excel, but the card prints a tad wider and shorter than 4x6! It looks good anyhow once they'er cut to 5.5 x7 cards (1" top part of this), but it's still a hassle. I want them to print 4x6 because I'm not sure if I'm going to place them in a photo album, scrap them or just leave in the book. My cards arent' exactly all even yet:headache:

I'm already setting the margins to 1" on top and bottom and the side margins to .75"

5. MusicMouse

MusicMouse Ph.D. Finally!

Happy New Year everyone! 2012 got crazily out of hand, but I am hoping for a little more peace and Disney DISign time in 2013. If your request does not appear below, please re-request it, and I will get to it ASAP. Thanks! :goodvibes

Here are your covers :goodvibes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you. Here is your cover :goodvibes:

[​IMG]

8x8 pages allow for two characters per page, and 5x7 are better for one character per page. If space and/or weight are an issue for you, I would recommend an 8x8. :goodvibes

6. MusicMouse

For those of you looking for 2013 covers :goodvibes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. pilotwife_02

pilotwife_02 DIS Veteran

Can I get two like this one?

One that says "Jedi Braydon" and one that says "Jedi Trevor"

Thanks!

8. MandAmommy

MandAmommy Earning My Ears

Could someone make me 2 covers? I would like the whole gang and 2013 on there somewhere. The first needs to be "Maddie" and the second "Anslie". Thanks so much!!

9. MusicMouse

Here you go :goodvibes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are your covers :goodvibes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. pilotwife_02

pilotwife_02 DIS Veteran

Thank you! I showed them and they love it!

11. tngal

tngal DIS Veteran

I have attempted to make an autograph book similar to Music Mouse design..and I suppose I am just too simple minded. I cannot get anything to work out like I wanted it to. Can someone tell me if there is someone who will help me design one of these or where i can find a tutorial or something? Thanks!

Lisa

12. MusicMouse

Did you try to follow the steps in post #1? It is a step by step how-to. :goodvibes

13. MandAmommy

MandAmommy Earning My Ears

Thank you so much!! They look awesome! You are super talented! :yay:

14. Wanna be Ariel

Wanna be Ariel DIS Veteran

Could someone make me to covers I like both of the covers with the whole gang(white and blue one) with Mason on them both. Thank you:thumbsup2

15. MusicMouse

Here you go :goodvibes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Wanna be Ariel

Wanna be Ariel DIS Veteran

THANK YOU!!! LOVE IT:banana:

17. Teddie

Teddie Earning My Ears

Hi,
    I am taking my family to Disney Feb 5th and was hoping you would be able to please make me 2 autograph covers, one that is star wars with Mickey and Yoda that says Jedi Theo with First trip February 5-12 2013 on the bottom (if possible) and also the one with all the characters with the blue background for Ava with first trip February 5-12 2013 at the bottom also. Thank you so much for all the time you put into making these. My husband couldn't believe someone would do this for free for people.
    Thanks again
    Teddie

18. Daisy'sMama

Daisy'sMama Mouseketeer

If you have time, may I please request a few covers? I would like the whole gang and the year 2013 on them. I would love it if you could do 4 slightly different ones. The names are:

Daisy
    Abigayle
    Arleana
    Reign

I am going to try to order them from artscow or shutterfly or something, but I am running out of time.
    thank you so much
    Stephanie

19. MusicMouse

Well, I can't speak for other DISigners, but I do this because I love all things Disney, and I know how much these little touches can make the whole vacation experience even more "magical". :wizard: If Theo loves Star Wars, be sure to enroll him in the Jedi Training Academy. My DS8 and DS5 both loved it! Here are your covers :goodvibes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. tlh0726

tlh0726 DIS Veteran

Hi Music Mouse Glad to have you back!

Please add the link above to your listing on post 1.
    Currently working on a different set for our next trip ;)

Tina

21. Teddie

Teddie Earning My Ears

Thank you so much! They look awesome and I know my kids will LOVE them!:yay:
    Teddie
    I will definitely sign them up for Jedi training, I heard it was super cute!