• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Shot In The Dark, But...DisneySea Anyone?

DisneyTN

Hoping to live forever. So far, so good.
I'm planning a solo quest to Tokyo DisneySea in 2010. I've been obsessed with seeing this park up close & in person ever since I first heard of it.
Of course this is quite a ways off in the future, but I'm at the gathering info & budget planning stage as of now. Probably won't book anything until mid-2009.

Have any other solo travelers had the privilege to visit this amazing theme-park? I know it's not the first place you'd think of when you plan a solo trip. But I'm crazy enough. What tips would anyone recommend for a first-time Tokyo DisneySea visitor?

Side note. I'm also headed to WDW for a few days in either
A). Late November this year (before the Thanksgiving rush)
B). Early March next year.
All depending on work/school schedules.

Any other DIS'ers at the World during that time?

Well no tips for you, and no way I'm brave enough to go there solo, but I think that's awesome!! If it's something you've wanted to do for a long time, I think you should go for it!! That park does look really interesting!!

Have fun on your WDW trips!! I'll be at the world late November of 2009 and I cannot wait!!

Andrea

I've been there. What do you want to know? There is a trip report in my signature.

btw I am not stalking you Matty :)

and Matty Tokyo is easy...I ran all over that place by myself. You would be fine :)

I've been there. What do you want to know? There is a trip report in my signature.
What a great trip report! Beautiful pictures from the park.
I was basically needing to find out tips on when the park is least crowded, most crowded, best time to visit, etc. I pretty much know all about the rides and attractions from online research. Just wanting to plan a good time of year to visit the area when fewer attractions will be down for rehab and the weather is nice.

What a great trip report! Beautiful pictures from the park.
I was basically needing to find out tips on when the park is least crowded, most crowded, best time to visit, etc. I pretty much know all about the rides and attractions from online research. Just wanting to plan a good time of year to visit the area when fewer attractions will be down for rehab and the weather is nice.

hmm yeah not sure how much help I will be. I can tell you that I went in July. While the heat and humidity were unbearable somedays, the park was not that crowded. I also don't remember anything being closed for rehab when I was there.

I did go back to Tokyo in October and the weather was much cooler though it did rain a lot.

and Matty Tokyo is easy...I ran all over that place by myself. You would be fine :)

Suuuuuure, you aren't stalking me!! :scared1: You just "happen" to post everywhere I do. It's all good!! ;) :lmao:

Andrea

Tokyo Disney is on my "bucket list". When the park first opened, I read obsessively about it, and I really think it will be a wonderful experience.

I don't see myself going until the economy picks up a bit - maybe in five years or so.

So for those of you who have been lucky enough to visit TDS, would you say it is a good place for solo-travelers?

(first post!)

I'm from the UK and have been to Tokyo Disney twice, DisneySea twice, both times on my own.... and had a blast!

DisneySea is my favourite park on the planet - and I've been to something like 60 parks of various flavours.

Both times I went to TDS on my own it was busy, but there is enough to do and see that with a bit of sensible FastPass-ing you can get everything done without too much stress. So I would not worry about that too much.

Tokyo Disneyland was busier as I remember, but I've only been there the once (Disneylands (been to 3 of them) leave me a bit cold - sacriledge on these boards I guess? ;-) )

Anyhoo, DisneySea is EASY to cope with as a non-Japanese speaker (all signage is also in English) and Tokyo itself is pretty easy to cope with as well (most place names on signs/train stations is in English too, and the locals are always happy to help you out!)

Basically - just go for it, dont stress it, just do it!

(and if you are into rides as well as the Disney thang then Tokyo (and the rest of Japan) have a whole host of other attractions not to mention the just-basically-how-fantastic-the-whole-place is as well!)

....not stalking.....is easy....ran all over.....:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Have more caffeine before further comments please, maybe not and continue providing us with entertainment :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter