• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A shipping tip to pass along

princesdi

Mouseketeer
We were going to have our resort mail our souvies to those we had bought them for BUT, after much thinking I went to the postoffice and bought flat rate envelopes and will just drop the souvies in the mail while we are there for our neices/nephews. It is paid for and easy to sent out now, and the envelopes are easy to put in our suitcase.

Any souvenirs you bought on WDW property could be shipped directly from the store to the parties you purchased the souvenirs for. Disney doesn't care who you ship to. If you ship out of the state of Florida, there is no state sales tax which often offsets the cost of the shipping. Just something to consider...

I recently purchase a Christmas ornament for a friend and had it shipped directly from the store. It saved me the hassle of going to the post office and, should it get broken during shipping, Disney will replace it.

We love the shipping plan that they have at Disney. We bought goodies for my son and his family in Kansas. The box was pretty good size and it only cost $10.00! I had also bought some Christmas items and some kitchen items and they shipped them for ten dollars. It is a great deal. Of course it works out for Disney too since you can buy more if you don't have to carry the things home on the plane.HA! (OOOOOH did I just say that because it sounds like my DH. HA!) I was kinda bummed because they won't ship food so the taffy I had to send seperately. Have fun and shop, shop, shop!

I don't know about the hassle of getting all the separate envelopes? For me, the Disney shipping plan was great! The box is big enough to fit all of my DDs' (5 & 2) souviners and all of our families' souviners and it was only $10.00 dollars or so. Plus they would replace it if there was a problem...Sounds like the perfect plan for me. And also a great way for me to convice my DH that it is OK for me to buy so much! He won't even have to carry it on the plane or anything!

princesdi said:
We were going to have our resort mail our souvies to those we had bought them for BUT, after much thinking I went to the postoffice and bought flat rate envelopes and will just drop the souvies in the mail while we are there for our neices/nephews. It is paid for and easy to sent out now, and the envelopes are easy to put in our suitcase.

Thanks for sharing your idea :thumbsup2

LoveMyDisneyCats said:
I don't know about the hassle of getting all the separate envelopes? For me, the Disney shipping plan was great! The box is big enough to fit all of my DDs' (5 & 2) souviners and all of our families' souviners and it was only $10.00 dollars or so. Plus they would replace it if there was a problem...Sounds like the perfect plan for me. And also a great way for me to convice my DH that it is OK for me to buy so much! He won't even have to carry it on the plane or anything!

Can someone explain this shipping plan to me? Is this from the store where you purchase the souvenirs or is it from your resort? This sounds like a great service if I can figure out how it works. Thanks everyone!

Donald is #1 said:
Can someone explain this shipping plan to me? Is this from the store where you purchase the souvenirs or is it from your resort? This sounds like a great service if I can figure out how it works. Thanks everyone!

Just tell the CM at the store where you make the purchase that you want it shipped. Please do it right away. It is much harder for the CM and time consuming to do a post-ship. If you ship out of the state of Florida, you will pay no sales tax on your purchase. This will often offset the shipping charge.

Feralpeg said:
Just tell the CM at the store where you make the purchase that you want it shipped. Please do it right away. It is much harder for the CM and time consuming to do a post-ship. If you ship out of the state of Florida, you will pay no sales tax on your purchase. This will often offset the shipping charge.

Excellent! Thank you so much! I will definitely have to use this option for my purchases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter