A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World (I'm Home!)

I was fiddling around on My Disney Experience the other day when I noticed that there was an order for a Magic Band for ME!!!! :cool1::yay::dance3::woohoo: I was so excited! If you know me well, you'll know that I chose pink...my favorite color. I customized my Magic Band on Tuesday and it was delivered on Thursday. Amazing!

The "incredible" box :rotfl:

Isn't it beautiful?!

Inside the cover of the box

Info sheet under the Magic Band

I have very small wrists, so I had to pop the pink part out of the gray outer band. Now, it fits perfectly! I actually wore it around the house on Thursday and it was like it was hardly even there. Very comfy.

After placing my order, I was able to select FastPass+ times for the days of my trip. Very cool! I don't remember what I picked right now, but all of the times are safe and sound in the MDE app on my phone.

As if that wasn't exciting enough, while reading the DIS last night I came across the link to the Be Our Guest FP+! I was able to go on and pick a lunch time!!! There were 2 options for the FP+...Expedited Arrival (works like a regular attraction FP) and Direct to Table. I picked the 2nd option so I was able to pick out what I wanted to eat ahead of time. I selected my entree, drink and I had to get a dessert. I'll get a yellow rose that I will bring to my table and my food should arrive shortly after that. I will pay when I get there, but I already know my total. How cool!

I am still finalizing my schedule for my days....it's so hard!!! I plan on meeting up with some DIS friends which I'm really looking forward to. Plus, a few of my clients will be there. Yay!

Let me know if you have any Magic Band questions! I'm more than happy to answer them.

Hello!! I am here!! Isn't it so crazy to schedule FastPass times? I can't wait for my MagicBand to get here! I can't wait to hear how that goes for you. I'm very curious that to see how it will all go. Also, can you confirm that with it, even in testing, there will be absolutely no way to use traditional FastPass?

Hi! I'm jumping in as I have a conference coming up in Orlando in Oct. and debating doing some solo park evenings....I'm super excited about the fact that DHS is closing early one night to accommodate a special function for us there! I can't wait to go!! I always enjoy your outfits of the day as well.

Bummed that I won't be able to try out the Magic Bands as the conference is not on Disney property. But I would have picked pink too!

Hello!! I am here!! Isn't it so crazy to schedule FastPass times? I can't wait for my MagicBand to get here! I can't wait to hear how that goes for you. I'm very curious that to see how it will all go. Also, can you confirm that with it, even in testing, there will be absolutely no way to use traditional FastPass?

Hi Kimmy! It is crazy to schedule FP times this far out. It was really the only spontaneous thing left for WDW vacations. I am excited about it though...especially for a conference trip. I am guarantees to go on Soarin' almost every day I can get to a park!!

I am not sure about what is going on with traditional FastPasses right now. Some have said that they have been able to get paper FastPasses by using their KTTW card (people have been getting cards and bands during the testing phase). I will report back my findings!

Hi! I'm jumping in as I have a conference coming up in Orlando in Oct. and debating doing some solo park evenings....I'm super excited about the fact that DHS is closing early one night to accommodate a special function for us there! I can't wait to go!! I always enjoy your outfits of the day as well.

Bummed that I won't be able to try out the Magic Bands as the conference is not on Disney property. But I would have picked pink too!

How exciting! We have a closing event on Wednesday evening, but we don't know the details. None of the parks have an early closing time that night, so I'm stumped! I was hoping they would send us to MNSSHP on Tuesday evening, but that didn't happen.

I love my pink band!!!

If you've read my PTR's in the past, you know how much I love to shop for clothing for my WDW trips. This trip is no different.....well, the clothing selections are different. Since it's a conference, I need a mix of park attire and conference attire. I find that dresses are best for the conference part of the trip....business casual is a tricky thing for me. I don't work outside of my house, so I don't own things like dress pants, capri pants, blouses...I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl with a girly twist. Anyways....here are some dresses that will be coming with me:

Just bought this one yesterday at Target. I'm thinking about wearing it to our team dinner which is now at CALIFORNIA GRILL!!!! I have never been there before and I am really looking forward to it.

This is also from Target and I'll probably wear it to one of the conference days. I have a white cropped sweater I can throw on over it. I know the a/c wil be blasting. FYI..the side lace panels are not see-through!

I wore this one to my conference last year at the Boardwalk (just for my agency). It is super comfy and it's a bit longer than the rest of my dresses. This is from Old Navy last year.

These next two I bought for my agency's "camp" that was held in New Jersey this past May. They are both from Old Navy:

Love the pattern and colors of this dress

Wore this to a baby shower on Sunday...again, very comfy and lightweight. I could even wear it to a park one day.

I also need to decide on my park attire! I did buy a TON of Mickey & Minnie shirts when Old Navy released their Mickey collection (it was during stuff and save so I saved a bunch of money). I will probably bring these 2 tanks:

Their whole collection of shirts are super soft and cozy (Cole and I are wearing some today). Unfortunately, by the time I orderd the tanks, they only had Mediums and up left. I can wear the blue one, but it slides around a lot. The red one is HUGE on me! I'm hoping that my mom can take them in a little bit so they fit better.

I have changed around my plans a bit more too. I am really hoping that our park tickets will be valid on Sunday (my arrival day). MK has EMH that night from 11pm-1am! I would love to spend a little bit of time there that night. Just in case, I did select some FP+ times. Fingers crossed!

Monday will be my resort tour from 1-3pm, so I'm going to head to MK that morning. This will also be my BOG FP lunch...yay! :cool1: After the resort tour, I will be going to Epcot. I hope to see IllumiNations that evening. I did my FP+ selections for Epcot that evening.

Tuesday is conference stuff until 1pm and then my team dinner at Cali Grill (yay!). I hope to pop over to MK for a few hours during that downtime. If not, maybe I'll check out the pool area. After dinner I'm going to try and meet up with some other team members who are coming in for some Universal training (wish I could have added that on to the end of my stay). I really need to get some DTD time in!!!

Wednesday will be another conference day with a special event that night. I can't wait to find out what it is!!!

Thursday plans are MK for EMH (one of my clients will also be there that morning!) and then EP for the rest of the day. Once again, my FP+ picks are for Epcot. Love that park!

Just 19 days to go!!! :dance3:

Hi Meghan! Awesome plans-- so cool that you get to stay at the Contemporary! Being so close to the MK & Epcot will be awesome. The resort tours sounds really fun!
Love the clothes! I have an office job, but I'm definitely more of a dresses kind of girl! Sometimes I'll do a pencil skirt & top, but I'm really not into the dress pants/top look. The black and white Target dress is my favorite!

Hi Meghan! Awesome plans-- so cool that you get to stay at the Contemporary! Being so close to the MK & Epcot will be awesome. The resort tours sounds really fun!
Love the clothes! I have an office job, but I'm definitely more of a dresses kind of girl! Sometimes I'll do a pencil skirt & top, but I'm really not into the dress pants/top look. The black and white Target dress is my favorite!

Thanks! I am very excited to be staying at the CR. We'll be in the Garden Wing, but that doesn't bother me at all!

I love shopping for Disney!! I did have a pair or dress pants, but I never have tops that go with them.

I am so happy I found that dress!! It is very comfy and it's like nothing else I own.

I'm late to the report but I'm here! A conference in Disney sounds amazing! We'll be there from the 10th-21st so we'll be there at the same time! :cheer2:

That's so awesome that you get to stay at the Contemporary! :dance3:

I chose a pink magicband too! :goodvibes

AH a team dinner at California Grill is so perfect. I love the black and white dress too!

I'm late to the report but I'm here! A conference in Disney sounds amazing! We'll be there from the 10th-21st so we'll be there at the same time! :cheer2:

That's so awesome that you get to stay at the Contemporary! :dance3:

I chose a pink magicband too! :goodvibes

AH a team dinner at California Grill is so perfect. I love the black and white dress too!

Welcome!!

Conferences at Disney are the best! Not only is fun to get some park time, but the food they put out is amazing!!

I wonder if we'll cross paths!

Pink is the best!!

I cannot wait for Cali Grill...I really would like to try the dessert trio. It looks so good.

I'm curious to hear what you think of the Contemporary once you're back. We toured it and...I'll save my thoughts until you're back lol.

I'm curious to hear what you think of the Contemporary once you're back. We toured it and...I'll save my thoughts until you're back lol.

Oh no. Now I'm worried! I stayed there once when I was 10...ah!

How was your trip? Was it an AEP? I saw that you stayed at the GF. I'll be touring that resort shortly!

Hi Meghan! I hopped over from your TR. We'll be in the World that Wednesday. Maybe we'll bump into you at EP on Thursday! I might be wearing that red Minnie tank top from Old Navy! :rotfl:

Oh no. Now I'm worried! I stayed there once when I was 10...ah!

How was your trip? Was it an AEP? I saw that you stayed at the GF. I'll be touring that resort shortly!

Yes it was an AEP. It was fun but exhausting! Very long days and lots of walking. We toured a bunch of resorts - AoA, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, Poly, Contemporary, BLT, Coronado, Riverside, and Fort Wilderness. I just didn't care for the Contemporary - let's just say it's in need of a refurb! That's just my opinion though. Curious to know what you think of it. I liked Grand Floridian more than I thought I would. Huge rooms and very pretty grounds. I'm glad I was able to stay there on Disney's dime because I'd never be able to afford it on my own!

Yes it was an AEP. It was fun but exhausting! Very long days and lots of walking. We toured a bunch of resorts - AoA, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, Poly, Contemporary, BLT, Coronado, Riverside, and Fort Wilderness. I just didn't care for the Contemporary - let's just say it's in need of a refurb! That's just my opinion though. Curious to know what you think of it. I liked Grand Floridian more than I thought I would. Huge rooms and very pretty grounds. I'm glad I was able to stay there on Disney's dime because I'd never be able to afford it on my own!

That does sound exhausting! My conference is mostly in the Conference Center.

The CR just underwent a refurb...or so I thought. I know they are currently redoing the Club level rooms.

Hi Meghan! I hopped over from your TR. We'll be in the World that Wednesday. Maybe we'll bump into you at EP on Thursday! I might be wearing that red Minnie tank top from Old Navy! :rotfl:

Hi there!! I will keep my eyes peeled for you! I'll be the one who is all alone. Ha!

That does sound exhausting! My conference is mostly in the Conference Center.

The CR just underwent a refurb...or so I thought. I know they are currently redoing the Club level rooms.

It didn't look like it had just undergone a refurb. The wood panel around the tv fell and clocked someone in the head while we were touring a room!

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't updated in awhile...we've had a busy couple of days!

Sat- Irish dance competition in Canada; dance friend pool party
Sun- Last minute school shopping
Mon- Ran a 15K (9.3 miles); Madison had team practice; cookout at my parents
Tues- 6th grade locker move-in night
Wed- Calm before the storm

Today was the 1st day of school for our district and my little girl started 6th grade (middle school is 6th - 8th). I cannot believe how fast the time has gone by.

Love her leopard flats

Close up

Madison LOVES school and has been counting down the days to middle school. I know she is going to do great and many of her elementary school friends are going to her school (we have 3 middle schools in our district).

While shopping on Sunday, we stopped at Payless and I had no idea they had a huge sale. I guess things marked with a red tag received an additional 20% off. I was unaware until we checked out. Here is what I got:

Nude heels go with everything! Bringing these to my conference. They had a $15 red tag but came to $9!

Couldn't pass these up because I love polka dot. The red tag said $12 but they came to $7.20!!

I bought Madison her leopard flats and a new pair of moccasins and they came to $45. Crazy.

Anyways....I have 10 days until my conference and I'm starting to freak out a little bit. I have just learned that I can start using my ticket on Sunday and I don't have to wait until Monday. Now I need to figure out which days I'm going to the parks. Here are my thoughts:

Sunday- Land at 5:45pm; check-in to the CR; head to MK for dinner and EMH (park closes at 11pm but has EMH until 1am). I want to see the new Villains Celebrate the Magic show and Wishes is a must do.
* Other option would have been Monorail resort tour; dinner at CR or Poly; DTD?

Monday- MK in the morning; resort site visit from 1-3pm; EP for the evening and IllumiNations

Tuesday- Conf until 1pm; originally wanted to go to MK/EP until 5:30ish; dinner at Cali Grill at 7pm; meet up with other team members somewhere
* I am now thinking about going to DTD before dinner and if I have time, I'd also like to get some pool time!

Wednesday- Conf until 5pm and then special event from 7-10pm (no park this day)

Thursday- MK for AM EMH; EP until around 2:30pm; ME pick up around 3:30pm

I need some help! I am trying to fit as much in as possible because I don't know when I'll be back. My agency is going to have a meeting next September, but we have no family trips planned anytime soon.

I did get my Disney Visa rewards card the other day, so that was great. We decided to put some of our rewards on a card for me to use since we have no trips planned. I feel terrible using them for myself, but we have so many and we'll earn plenty more by the time a trip for us comes around. We use our Disney Visa for everything! I also got my Magical Express mail the other day. I'm going to pick up my bag myself because I don't want to wait until 9pm to get my luggage. I'd like to freshen up before heading out for the evening.

Who is ready for the Single Digit Dance party tomorrow?! I know I am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter