• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A review of narcoossees brunch and tiffins dinner

Tonyslady

Mouseketeer
Hi all. I am mostly a lurker on theese boards but since I haven't seen any review of either the Narcoossees Brunch or Tiffins, I would give you my thoughts on both of them from a recent trip to disney.

First up is Narcoossees brunch. First off let me say I've been here several times and have always loved dining here. This time however not so much. Our group consisted of myself, DH, ds15, dd10, ds7, ds1, and mil and fil.

This brunch includes a house special bloody Mary, a glass of prossecco and bottomless mimosas.

Mil, FIL and I chose bloody Mary this was awsome and practically a breakfast in itself it came with a crab leg and a large shrimp along with all the regular accompaniments. Dh ordered a mimosa which was ok but he asked for a 2nd one and waited well over 30 minutes for it to arrive and by then we were ready to leave. The 4 adults also ordered press pot coffees,this is probably the 2nd best coffee on property.(The best in my opinion is tiffins but we'll get to that in a bit)

So now onto the food. First they bring out a basket of pastries. All I really remember was that my ds1 loved the little blueberry muffins. And the kids polished off the rest. We did ask for a refill and was told no problem but it never came. Next were appetizers. MIL,FIL and DS15 all had the shrimp and grits. They all liked this dish and said the shrimp were cooked nicely. I had the romane salad. It was nice and light wich is what i was looking for. Dd10 had the fruit bowl from the childrens menu that she ended up giving to DS1. Since she ordwrd off the kids menu DS7 orderd the cheese plate he loves all cheese so this was a no brainer

For mains my FIL and DS15 had the croque madame and both said it was "ok". DH had the steak and eggs that he said was just run of the mill...nothing special. Where it all goes horribly wrong was with mine and my dd10's dishes. We both ordered the chicken and waffles. Described on the menu as.
Chicken and Waffles
Brined and Crispy-fried Boneless Breast and Thigh, House-made Pickles, Tabasco-Maple Honey and Sumac-Thyme Butter"

what it actually was, was a small waffle wich they smothered in a gravy (similar to a sausage gravy) with 3 Patty's of what I can only describe as 3 day old pre-cooked chicken patties that were reheated in a microwave. It was Completely inedible and Both were sent back. I was asked it is wanted to have my order re cooked or I could choose something else. I opted to go with the lobster eggs bennidict..and again was disappointed in that one of my eggs was completely over cooked then my other egg they somehow managed to overcooke the yolk and still have undercooked whites. The one shining spot was the lobster itself was beautifully cooked. As for dessert...well honestly it was forgetable I remember their being a trio of cakes one chocolate one orange(?) And dh thinks the other was lemon?. All in all I would not go back. A really good bloody Mary isn't worth the price of breakfast.

Up next. Tiffins (I even have pictures)

Thanks for the review on Narcoossees Brunch! There aren't too many of them out there so it's nice to see one. We are going to be there for brunch on the 26th before we leave for the airport to go home. (Boo!). Hopefully we have a better experience than you did! That's too bad that it didn't turn out well for you. I will definitely be trying out one of those bloody marys. That sounds delicious!

Thank you for the review. Based on this and the one the DIS did in March, it will keep me away from Narcoossee's brunch. We have done the Hotel Del Sunday Brunch where for $20+ more you get crab legs, shrimp , beef , lamb, ham, omlets, multiple salads , and other stuff ,not to mention a dessert table with more than 3 choices along with a chocolate fondue to dip things in.And my mimosa refills came several times during the meal.

Can't wait to see a review of Tiffins, I made a reservation for our trip but keep debating about switching it for maybe Jiko or Citricos.

Can't wait to read your Tiffins review! We LOVED it there! Most of us thought it was our best meal of the entire trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter