A replacement for monorails and buses?

I wish that I could see a map of what some of you are discussing. If the TTC is outdated how would offsite visitors get to MK? Also what about transportation to Epcot for those MK resorts?

I can't picture where all of this would go.

I wish that I could see a map of what some of you are discussing. If the TTC is outdated how would offsite visitors get to MK? Also what about transportation to Epcot for those MK resorts?

I can't picture where all of this would go.
Neither can I...

So essentially, if I'm understanding this Jim Hill stuff correctly, they're saying they want to move all the infrastructure on the left to a new spot on the right.
TTC 5.png

Or at least that's the way I interpret the Jim Hill Rumor. I suppose they might be able to keep the monorail station where it is today and just put the booths, main entrance, and tram stop towards this new area. The boat landing is more tricky... They may be able to make a path all the way around the station, but that's doubtful. The current bus parking lot would then be moved across world drive to the old runway. Guests arriving there would then take some type of transportation (Trams) from the new Bus Parking to the New TTC. This would require passing World Drive. Maybe the overpass could extend down here?
TTC 7.png

This is all to free up some space for a new Poly DVC/new Resort to the West and another new resort to the North.
TTC 8.png

This all together seems slightly unlikely. Disney seems to be one that goes for the path of least resistance on this sort of thing. Here they'd be demolishing and taking off line critical infrastructure for months if not years and causing serious pain for millions of guests. If building Poly is that important they could build a tower. If building along the monorail is that important, why don't they just launch a new DVC to the North?

Unlike the idea tossed around by @lockedoutlogic, which includes building a parking lot adjacent to the MK, this gets Disney exactly nowhere. They'd still be stuck shuttling guests back and forth on the monorail and ferry. This is like the worst of both worlds.

I still don't see this. Maybe I'm missing something? It seems like the work on the Speedway proves Disney's commitment to the parking area. Why not to the actual TTC?

I can't find anywhere feasible for a TTC on the Right side of world drive without changing the Monorail Route. That to me is a red flag. It could be the bus parking? That would make sense.

Prediction... There is a new guest facility being built for overflow on the right, but not an actual replacement for the TTC.

Now it makes complete sense….after the maps. Thank you.

That "new resort" plot was the old pad for the 1960's proposed "venetian" hotel. I don't see that getting done. But perhaps they could do some kind of small entertainment, dining, recreation area to try and suck the cash from what will end up being the Seven DVCs Lagoon… (anybody want to doubt me on this? the house will cover the bets)

The "new poly" to the northwest of the current monorail tracks and TTC adjacent the ferrys is EXACTLY where the original "tiki tower" of dvc large units were gonna go….and i mean exactly. Anyone doubt that's happening and soon? If "yes" i got some beans to sell you…

But there is another thing in play here that's starting to gain some mental traction with me…especially after that huge bond for "transportation upgrades" announce by RCID last fall…

They may be trying to get MK to be the primary entrance to WDW in the not too far out future… A big rework of the upper end could be starting right now for that.

Why? because of the western way/northwest access corridor that has been in the works since animal kingdom…theres a new toll road up that way that i had ZERO clue about when we drove down there last…which conveniently goes off I-4 northeast of downtown orlando and ties into the "animal kingdom" main entrance side. Of course…the turnpike is also there…which only funnels to about 75% of the land mass of north america from there.

Why? It's almost like they are afraid of someone to the south/east/northeast….what could be on I-4 that the mighty property is quietly concerned with?
nah…i'm sure nothing is going on with deep pockets. :rolleyes1

That ought to go over. Paying more tolls and arriving well away from most resorts. I don't like it but it wouldn't surprise me.

Thanks for the maps. It all looks rather bizarre to me. That is quite a trip by tram from that old air strip.

That ought to go over. Paying more tolls and arriving well away from most resorts. I don't like it but it wouldn't surprise me.

Thanks for the maps. It all looks rather bizarre to me. That is quite a trip by tram from that old air strip.

It depends on what "away"means...

If you drive in from anywhere west of Atlanta...it would be "closer"...a straight shot. It also makes ak and springs the "far point"...not the "near" as traditional.

Or it could work both ways: mk is the "car" entrance while the old ones are the "OIA" one.
Remember that Disney wants Osceola parkway and 417 used as their primary routes in (they were built for them to "conveniently" bypass the competiton...ain't Florida nice?)...and OIA is finally expanding down boggy creek as has been planned for sometime...magical express or sometype of direct transport would strengthen Disney...perhaps forcing the Rest of town to counter with some alternative system.

ALL of that is advantageous for Orlando.

It depends on what "away"means...

If you drive in from anywhere west of Atlanta...it would be "closer"...a straight shot. It also makes ak and springs the "far point"...not the "near" as traditional.

Or it could work both ways: mk is the "car" entrance while the old ones are the "OIA" one.
Remember that Disney wants Osceola parkway and 417 used as their primary routes in (they were built for them to "conveniently" bypass the competiton...ain't Florida nice?)...and OIA is finally expanding down boggy creek as has been planned for sometime...magical express or sometype of direct transport would strengthen Disney...perhaps forcing the Rest of town to counter with some alternative system.

ALL of that is advantageous for Orlando.
I doubt that really that many people drive into town and see a sign for THAT place and suddenly change all of their plans. Disney will have to do something about those TV ads.

Besides AK and the Springs areas are where we tend to hang out. And isn't Epcot actually more convenient from the other direction too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter