A really bizarre Le Cellier question

Torri

Earning My Ears
Okay, my mom and I are going to Le Cellier in May and after extensive menu looking, I decided that while I was there, I would get the filet. The problem is, I hate mushrooms. I saw that you could substitute the risotto for the mashed potatoes, but do they still leave the mushroom sauce/glaze on? Has anyone ever tried requesting this without ANY mushrooms at all? If not, do you have any other recommendations for a picky eater such as I (we're going at lunch time)? I realize I'm totally insane for trying to order the mushroom filet without mushrooms, but answers would be appreciated :rotfl:

I've gotten it without the mushrooms. I totally despise mushrooms and won't eat anything they have touched. I usually just tell them I am allergic to mushrooms to make sure there are none anywhere near my plate.

People get mushroomless filets at Le Cellier all the time. It shouldn't be an issue.

I've had the filet the last three trips. I too hate mushrooms (I love that my mother told me they have no taste...yeah, right...what were you drinking mom?) and I always get the cream cheese mashed potatos with no problems. This last trip, DH wanted the potatos and they asked him if he wanted both and he got both. But if you tell them no mushrooms...you'll get without mushrooms. :)

I got mine unintentionally plain when I tried to substitute the risotto for creamed spinach.

Just a suggestion...we were there two weeks ago and had free dining. My very picky 11 DD did not like the sound of anything on the menu. The server talked her into trying the filet plain w/ the cream cheese mashed potatoes. He also said he would bring the truffle butter sauce on the side for her to try. She crinkled her nose at the idea....well she LOVED the sauce. She is now asking where around our hometown she can order filet with truffle butter. I feel sorry for her future dates, she now has expensive tastes. So you may want to try the sauce even if you order the filet plain. I don't like mushrooms but I loved this filet (I forgot to tell the server to leave them off mine since I was too busy worrying about DD) Great meal!

They used to have a delicious BBQ filet served over the cream cheese mashed potatoes, I think it was a dollar less than the mushroom filet. I always ordered it. Was disappointed to see it removed from the menu a couple years ago!

In early September I went and ordered the filet. I too don't like mushrooms and asked if there was another sauce (my last trip I had bearnaise, which I liked). He looked at me and said, "If you are referring to the maple barbeque sauce, I can do that for you." I was shocked as it's been off the menu for a few years. My ds and I both got that with the mashed potatoes while dh got the ushroom filet. Happiness for all! So it doesn't hurt to ask.

He looked at me and said, "If you are referring to the maple barbeque sauce, I can do that for you."

Yes, Yes, YES!!!! Thanks for that tip, as three of us will most definitely be asking for the maple-glazed filet in January.

I HATE mushrooms or anything that has to do with mushrooms. After reading this same question on the DIS boards, I asked for the fillet with the cream cheese mashed potatoes and the mushroom sauce on the side. I strongly dislike cream cheese (yes, I am a picky eater) but I absolutely loved the mashed potatoes as well as the mushroom sauce. I ended up putting the sauce on the fillet. However, by requesting it on the side, I didn't have to eat it if I didn't like it yet I was still able to try it and was shocked that I actually liked it.

I love mushrooms but find the risotto much too salty for my taste. Our next trip I am going to ask to substitute the cream cheese mash potatoes which I tried as a side order last time and loved.

My daughter was a huge fan of the maple barbecue filet. Now she orders the mushroom filet with no mushrooms and subs the mashed potato for the risotto. Not quite as good as the maple barbecue but still a pretty darn good filet she says.

I don't like mushrooms AT ALL either, but I will say that the sauce on the filet really is very tasty - I just pick off the mushrooms and go to town.

My sister is allergic to mushrooms and she has eaten here. She just made a special request and they were very accomodating. Have a great meal!

Hi, My DS's always sub with the cream cheese mashed on their PLAIN filet. Seems there are many that prefer it this way!! Joan :santa:

Here's a picture of the mushroom filet with mashed postatoes, without the mushrooms. YUM!

2zr3nfa.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter