• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Rant

PaintedStuff

<font color=0000FF>Is welcomed by the Tag Fairy wi
<p><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="3" color="#7964D0">Hi all! <br>
I just returned from a weekend at WDW.  We spent Saturday at the AK, and Sunday at MGM.  Stayed at the AKL - a wonderful treat! </font></p>
<p><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="3" color="#7964D0">While every trip has its glitches and minor disappointments, the only thing that really bothered me were some of the other guests at the parks.  </font> <font face="Comic Sans MS" size="3"color="#000080"><i>Why do people have to share their personal business with everyone within earshot?</b></i></font></p>
<p><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="3" color="#7964D0">While standing in line for dinner, a ride or the whatever, I don't want to hear people discussing their latest doctors visits in detail.  I don't want to walk down the street and overhear a couple loudly bickering.   I don't want to sit next to mother insulting her husband in front of her children and the rest of the "World" to hear.  I don't want to wait for a table and be annoyed by someone's cell phone call. "Can you hear me now?" <i>"Yes, the whole damn place can hear you!</i>"</font></p>
<p><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="3" color="#7964D0">I am a very easy-going person.  I usually take a "whatever" attitude.  But </font><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="3" color="#000080">PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE</font><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="3" color="#7964D0"> people.  When you are out in a crowd, don't think that people aren't listening.  We can't help ourselves if we're in close proximity.  And we don't want to hear it.  Really.  If you can't keep your voices down, save the marital *******, personal business and cell phone chats with your friends back home for when you get to someplace relatively private.  Your car, your hotel room, or a quiet corner someplace. <b>The rest of us are on vacation to get away from our day-to-day headaches. We don't want to suffer yours!    </b></font> </p>:chat:

Originally posted by PaintedStuff
<font face="Comic Sans MS" size="3"color="#000080"><i>Why do people have to share their personal business with everyone within earshot?</b></i></font></p>

For the same reason people share all their personal business on an Internet site?

In any case, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.

Originally posted by mus muris asinus
For the same reason people share all their personal business on an Internet site?

Thats not true! People share personal things here to get advice or to be consoled. I'm sure if you gave your .02 cents while at WDW you'd get not only a look but probably an earful!

Originally posted by mus muris asinus

<p><font size="3" color="#800080" face="Comic Sans MS">So <u>not</u> the case.<br>
Posting and reading Internet sites are conscious decisions to participate. The people who read them do so by choice, not because they're stuck in front of a PC and have to! </font><font size="3">
</font></p>

PaintedStuff,
It's just all part of the evergrowing, me-me-me, entitlement society we've got going. And it's not just a WDW, it's everywhere. I've noticed that in the last few years, some of the everyday things I used to find enjoyable, I can no longer tolerate. I used to LOVE dining out once or twice a week. I can't stand it anymore because the restaurants have gotten loud and at least one or two parties seated near us have some sort of "obnoxius factor" going on. The other place I can't stand anymore is shopping malls--the behavior of some is just downright annoying. Between the cell phones, the "walking 6-abreast" through the mall, etc., I can't take it anymore. I never did like going to the grocery store, but I can say I really hate it now--people roaming around talking on their hands-free phones (I always think they're talking to me), the people who hog up the whole aisle with their carts, well, I could go on and on.....

On a similar note - I wish people would look in the mirror when they go out. I am a little overweight so I don't wear midi blouses and let my stomach hang out over my pants. I don't wear skin tight shorts with visible panty lines. Not that I walk around in a tent, but I wear well-fitted clothing. In other words, if you have a Roseanne Barr body you shouldn't dress like Britney Spears.....eek! :eek:

So I take it you don't want to hear about my 28 hours of labor pains, my MIL's gallbladder operation, Uncle Ted's colonoscopy, or the incredible color of green my child's vomit was after riding the Tea Cups? Sheesh!!! :jester: I just love Rants! :hyper: I handle those type of situations by looking straight at the person, since she/he is talking so loudly for my ears to hear, that makes me part of their conversation, right? :smooth: Usually quiets them down a bit. I also agree about all the epidermis showing in the world - although, I have to admit, on some people it is kind of nice. :cool:

Maybe I'm in the minority..ok, i am definitely in the minority...but I usually don't notice what other people are doing, saying or wearing. And if I do overhear something, I certainly don't let it ruin my day. I may even have a chuckle at their expense.

I have to agree with pixiemomma. I never pay attention to what the person next to me is saying, if they're not talking to me. Ijust tune people out. None of my business.

Regarding the cell phones, truthfully, I'd rather see someone walking around a shopping mall or a grocery store with a phone jammed in their ear, instead of driving their car that way (usually they have a cigarette in the other hand too!) :rolleyes:

Anyway, I do appreciate your opinion (rant), but don't let the little things in life get you down. You'll be miserable all your life if you let these things get on your nerves.

Don't worry...be happy! :sunny:

:o Whoops, I didn't think I was talking that loud! DH and I did discuss a medical problem in EPCOT and MK.

Wow, you make it sound as if WDW is the only place that this sort of thing wasn't supposed to be allowed.

I truly believe your vacation is what you make of it. You can choose to let these things bother you or not.

I do hope you had a wonderful time in spite of all that.

Originally posted by pixiemomma
Maybe I'm in the minority..ok, i am definitely in the minority...but I usually don't notice what other people are doing, saying or wearing. And if I do overhear something, I certainly don't let it ruin my day. I may even have a chuckle at their expense.

My husband...he happily listens to other people. We'll be at a restuarant and I'll be chattering away and at some point it dawns on me that he's not listening to me...he's listening to the people in the next booth. Every time we leave a restuarant, he relays to me all the juice he heard from the other people. :eek: :rolleyes:

Really, it's getting to a point that I can't take him anywhere! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter