A quick update from me...where have I been?

Mackey Mouse

Me read the Navigator? I don't
It seems like my first grandchild, Thomas, decided he did not want to wait until his birth due date and decided to be born 6 weeks early. I think the driving up to Boston and the worry just about did us in, but he is doing great.. He weighed in at 4 lbs 12 oz, not bad for a preemie and he is so cute.

We are in love with him, and my DH is estactic... cannot stop thinking of him and it is just the shot in the arm to keep this guy going and battling this cancer..

I told you all I would let you know when his surgery will be and it is May 11....they will remove that pesky lymph node and it will be day surgery.. I said to the surgeon, what?? you scared the life out of us removing this and now it is day surgery. I love our surgeon... he is hopeful that he can just (his words) pop it out of there.. so we are going with that..

Good news all around for us, maybe an easy surgery....and a new grandbaby named after his grandfather, Thomas....life is good for us right now.. One day at a time..

Macky!! I just read this, I'm up and not for good reasons (see my post, dsil is getting worse) but YOUR GREAT NEWS made me stop crying, I'm so happy for you!! What a wonderful tribute to DH to have his new grandbaby named after him, awww!!! Glad to hear the baby is doing well, what a peanut!!! I'll be praying for you now & on surgery day, the time will go fast..

Hugs,
Chip

That is such good news about the baby. Surely that is an inspiration that can not be matched...:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: I love the namesake, how perfect.

I have marked down the 11th on my calendar. Not expecting to forget at all, but sometimes there are curves being thrown..

That is next Friday, how fantastic. We will all hold a giant prayer.:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Congratulations Grandma:cheer2:

Congrats and best wishes:yay: I love that they are honoring your Dh that way
I wanted my first grandchild named afte my Dh but they did not do it.
Thanks for the update

Marsha congrats on the birth of you Grandson. I think little Thomas came early to help you and Tommy fight the evil beast known as cancer. You will be in our thoughts and prayers on May 11th as you are every day! :grouphug:

Congrats! I'm so happy for you. I'm so glad that something good has happened to someone who A) has helped me through a difficult time, B) is going through a difficult time herself, and most importantly, C) is such a wonderful, kind, and caring person.

I'll be sending prayers and good thoughts your way on the eleventh. I hope your grandson can bring you years of joy. It's so great that he's doing well!

May G-d or the universe (or whatever you believe) continue to bless you.

Stay strong, and happy,
Alisa

Thanks everyone for the sweet words.. you guys touch my heart everyday...

Love and hugs,
Marsha

Awwww, this is such wonderful news. :goodvibes Congratulations to you both, and welcome to the world baby Thomas! :goodvibes

Congratulations to the whole family on the birth of Thomas! I know you must be ecstatic Marsha!

There is nothing like a new baby to fill a family with love, hope and dreams for the future. Best wishes to Tom on his upcoming surgery. It will give him incentive to quickly recover and hold the new baby I am sure..hugs.

Congratulations, Marsha and Tom, on the birth of your dear grandson! :goodvibes Post some pictures when you can.

We will be sending Tom many good thoughts and lifting him up in prayer on May 11th. Peace and best wishes to both of you. :)

Wow, that is great news!! Tell Carrie I said Congrats!!!~~~~ Jenn

Oh Marsha....
I am so thrilled and happy for you and your Tom....and for baby Thomas.
I'm shedding happy tears for you.
Grandbabies are the very best...how very special for all of you that he bears his grandfatehr's name :hug:
Blessings to you all!

Congratulations! How exciting. Over 4lbs at 6 weeks early! Reminds me of my preemies. Is new Tom gaining weight quickly? Any chance of a mothers day release from the NICU? My preemies were born right before Easter and were home for Mothers Day, here's hoping health and quick growing!!!
Lots of congrats to all!!!!!

Dee

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

These are Tom's official cheerleaders for tomorrow...
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug

Tons of prayers and Hugs for your family....

:grouphug:

Know that you and DH will be in many hearts and prayers as he heads for surgery soon. Sending prayers that everything goes well and he stays strong to fight this terrible beast with every ounce of strength he has.
Godspeed you both ^i^

Also congratulations on your very first little grandbaby "Thomas" and welcome to the Grandparents Club! Be it the first or twelth grand, each is as exiciting as the first! Grands offer a love like no other and have a way of putting a bright spot in each day :lovestruc . May Thomas' presence give you a ray of sunshine, faith, hope and strength in all yours days ahead. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter