A quick question about renting DVC points...

aynot44

Earning My Ears
When you rent DVC points can you still make fast pass+ reservations 60 days in advance and dining reservations 180 days in advance? Or do you lose those privileges by renting? We are considering renting points for our May trip.
Thanks!

Yes, you can. You get the same benefits as soon as you link a reservation. The person you rent from will give you a reservation number and then you can link it on your account and make all your arrangements. Before you can do fastpasses you have to have a ticket linked.

Yes, you can. You get the same benefits as soon as you link a reservation. The person you rent from will give you a reservation number and then you can link it on your account and make all your arrangements. Before you can do fastpasses you have to have a ticket linked.

Agree

Everything is the same as booking through CRO with the exception of housekeeping. There's limited housekeeping included with DVC, you can purchase extra services.

Sorry to hijack this thread but if we rent points do we still get the Magicbands?

Sorry to hijack this thread but if we rent points do we still get the Magicbands?

Yes.

As soon as the reservation is linked to your MDE profile, you can then order bands for everyone on the reservation, book dining at 180+10, FP+ at 60 days, and bands must be finalized 30 days out and usually arrive to you by 2 weeks before the trip.

I've made a reservation using my DVC points for a friend and his son in December. Will I get the "customize the magic bands" e-mail or will he? (I don't recall ever entering his e-mail into the system, only his home address.)

I've already made his Magical Express reservations. He has an MDE account and has linked the reservation confirmation number and his UT tickets into the account.

Can anyone advise me on anything else I may still need to do to ensure that he doesn't have any unexpected bumps? The only thing I'm still not sure of his which one of us does the magic bands.

Thanks for your help!

I've made a reservation using my DVC points for a friend and his son in December. Will I get the "customize the magic bands" e-mail or will he? (I don't recall ever entering his e-mail into the system, only his home address.) I've already made his Magical Express reservations. He has an MDE account and has linked the reservation confirmation number and his UT tickets into the account. Can anyone advise me on anything else I may still need to do to ensure that he doesn't have any unexpected bumps? The only thing I'm still not sure of his which one of us does the magic bands. Thanks for your help!

He should be able to customize his bands in his MDE account. You don't actually need the email.

I've made a reservation using my DVC points for a friend and his son in December. Will I get the "customize the magic bands" e-mail or will he? (I don't recall ever entering his e-mail into the system, only his home address.)

I just made a reservation for someone else, and when you enter in the specific guest information, one of the fields is e-mail. That doesn't necessarily mean you but your friend's e-mail in, but you probably did. Also, as stated, the reservation number is used in MDE, and that's where the magic happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter