A question for anyone who works at Starbucks

TwinsinCA

DIS Veteran
Up until last week I loved Frappuccinos. On average I had 2 to 3 a week. They changed their way of making them and now they are, IMO, disgusting. :sad1: :mad: I have tried three different stores and finally gave up after the last one. I actually threw it away after a few sips.

I know they decided to change the way they are made so they can customize them more, but they have ruined the regular ones in the process. I have already written to Starbucks and told my local store that I think the new ones taste terrible.

My question is what kind of feedback are you getting being an employee there? Are people noticing the difference? Do they think it is an improvement or are you getting complaints? I was told by my local store that people "love them". So I'm curious if she is just (understandably) blowing sunshine or am I really in the minority thinking they are so awful.

I have my fingers crossed that they will get enough complaints that they will offer the old version again. Until then, I will have to find my caffeine fix some other way. :sad1:

I haven't had one in months (I love the new McD's ones, though!), but maybe I don't need to go back to Starbucks...

When did they change? I havent had one in a few weeks, so if it was before then, i mustnt have noticed the difference.

I haven't noticed a difference, but I only go once every few weeks, so maybe I don't have the regular taste stored in my memory. I am a big fan of the mcdonalds ones, though (and I'm an even bigger fan of not paying $5.00 for them like at starbucks. ;))

I go a lot and always get mocha light frapp. and I haven't noticed a difference. I have noticed differences in how different places(people) make them but they haven't changed as far as I can tell.

Okay I have finally started to get the new Starbucks Frapp and its bad. I get mocha light and I don't like it.

I asked today and the woman said as of May 3rd all Starbucks will be switched. She said it was a new Frap. Mix and I was not the only one to ask if they changed it. She suggested I go to Starbucks.com and fill out comment form.

I think I might do that.

I was in California last week and every Starbucks we went into was training on how to make them---all the airports, on the streets. I was given a free one to try ---nasty stuff! :scared1: and I loved the other ones too! I don't think they will go over well either!

Thanks for the "heads-up". Frappucinos are the only thing I have from Starbucks (and I don't go that often). I haven't had one in about 1 or 2 months. DH got me a Starbucks gift card for Christmas and I have money left on it. Now I'm not sure if I want to try the "new" fraps.

I've tried the McDonald's version and didn't like it - blech! I preferred Starbucks.

I agree they're gross! My daughter brought me one home the other day and forewarned me the gal at Starbucks told her they've changed them. Oh well, it'll save me money since I won't be getting them anymore.

I stopped drinking frappaccinos over 10 years ago. If you recall when they first used to make frap's they were custom made in a blender for each customer from scratch no syrups or premade mixture. You would find little nibs of expresso beans and chocolate chunks in it. Then they started using the mix and I was out. They charged just as much if not more and it wasn't so yummy anymore. If you search online you can get original recipe I make them at home once in awhile.

Well, that stinks. I just got my birthday free drink coupon yesterday & I was going to get a frap. Now I won't. Why oh why do they mess with success?

Everybody complain. If people complain and STOP buying them, then they will have to change them back. Fraps are the only think I drink in the summer from Starbucks.

I don't like the new ones either. However, I asked for double the choc sauce in it last time and it tastes more like the old ones. Not as good but now drinkable.

I e-mailed and called to complain. It is just plain awful. I will not be buying them anymore!!! Such a shame because it is my favorite drink I used to buy probably 5 a week looks like I'll be saving lots of money!!!!

That's a shame. I haven't had one in months. I almost stopped in today to buy one. I'm glad I didn't.

What's wrong with the flavor? Not strong enough? Not enough chocolate flavor? :confused3

That is a bummer, it is my summertime treat. Guess I will save a bit of money now.

Just looked the S.B. page on F.B. Seems like lots of folks are unhappy!

My "regular" Starbucks has been doing them this new way for about a year because we were a test market. But somehow I thought they still tasted okay...in the dark cherry mocha frapp I could still get a coffee aftertaste and I liked it.

Well, I went to a Starbucks at SuperTarget and ordered one and it was horrible so I said something to the barista. It was just too sweet. She told me about the "new" method but it was so bad she refunded my money. I just couldn't drink it!

I have to wonder if a more experienced barista can improve it?

Hey Guys, Starbucks Manager here....

The reason for the change was, as a PP said, to make the drinks more custom. Before you could not get a decaf light, now you can. Also they are being made with milk so you can choose soy, %, skim, or whole.

While the concept is good, if the Company had stuck with it's original mantra of "Just say yes" we wouldn't have the issues. We have people come in and request a Soy Frap and we would just tell them that the mix was premade, but we would be happy to make them a frozen soy latte. That way you are giving them what they want but not changing the formula on the original.

The company has changed quite a bit in the last 2 and a half years. Quite a bit. Honestly, it's sad. I know it's sad for some of the customers, but for those of us that are veterans (over 5 years) and remember the pride we had in what we did everyday with our connections and customers, it's even worse. The company did some very nasty things in the "lay offs" a year ago, and it won't ever be the same.

But at any rate, most of my regulars like the change, but I have a few who get 2 or 3 fraps a day that are highly irritated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter