A Question about transportation

craftylady

Earning My Ears
We are bringing our Family of 5 to Disney the end of August and I am now trying to figure out transportation from LAX. From what I am seeing the lowest price to take a shuttle or bus from LAX to the Disney area is about $15 a person which is quite pricey when multiplied by $5. I am also looking at minivan rentals and wondering if that is the best bet considering the transportation to and from the airport. We also want to do a daytrip to Legoland, once more the transportation costs become quite high when you multiply it by 5. What is the best bet here? Would we benefit with a rental or is there a cheaper way to get around the Disney area.

Also, if we rent a vehicle does the Disneyland parking allow in-out privledges if we choose to drive there and park then take a break in the middle of the day? What is the cost for parking now? I know about the ART but once more the fees for us would be about $9 with three adult fairs(no fare my 11 year old is considered an adult!).

Thanks in advance for the input.

Craftylady

You can take roundtrip motorcoach transfers from LAX to Disneyland area hotels for $25 (Adults) $16 (Children 3-11). The buses run every 20 mins. and if you book ahead of time, you get a $2 discount per fare. So, what's that...about $88 total. That may be cheaper than renting a car and having to pay parking fees @ Disney everyday (not to mention some of the huge charges many of the hotels tack on for parking). Another option for you that might be cheaper is to look into using a taxi or towncar service. Here's the link for the airport bus:
http://www.airportbus.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter