A Question About Ariel's Grotto

Keels

The Official Keels of RunDisney
I have a reservation for a late lunch at Ariel's Grotto that I booked so I could have the princesses sign various birthday/etc. cards for the littles in my life that love them, so I can give them to them with the gifts I bring home for the corresponding events (birthdays, First Day of Kindergarten, etc.).

I'm only asking for 1-2 items to be signed per Princess. I don't need pictures with them. I just thought I could kill two birds with one stone and have a nice meal while I accomplish this goal.

Again, I'll be solo - so would this be doable? Or should I cancel the reservation and hit M&Gs instead while grabbing lunch elsewhere?

I don't see why it wouldn't be.
I think you can save some time by not waiting for the meet n greet and getting to eat at the same time.

The lines for the M&G take so long! I definitely think the way you have planned sounds best as long as you're only asking for 1-2 items per princess, and as long as you don't have to have a particular princess since there's no guarantees which ones you'll get. Although I don't think we've ever done Ariel's without seeing all the main ones.

I think your plan is doable...when my DH and I went to Ariel's, I only wanted pics with Belle, but I had the rest of them sign my book. So it was super quick without taking pictures.

The M&G line at DLR is regularly 20 minutes or less. If you go while there is a show in the Theater next door it is usually 5 minutes.

Um, I hate to be the one asking a stupid question but...

If you do not intend to get any photographic proof, why not just sign the items yourself and say that a princess signed them? It's not like you're pretending to be Cameron Diaz, the princesses are fictional characters and the persons autographing the items are people pretending to be the princesses. Why can't you pretend to be the princess?

Getting autographs like this seems to be to be an absurd waste of both time and money. Eating solo at Ariel's Grotto is just not worth it.

If you do not intend to get any photographic proof, why not just sign the items yourself and say that a princess signed them? It's not like you're pretending to be Cameron Diaz, the princesses are fictional characters and the persons autographing the items are people pretending to be the princesses. Why can't you pretend to be the princess?

Getting autographs like this seems to be to be an absurd waste of both time and money. Eating solo at Ariel's Grotto is just not worth it.

Well personally, I really enjoyed my meal at Ariel's so it would be killing two birds with one stone for me. And my niece would totally pick up on a signature not looking like one in one of her books.

And my niece would totally pick up on a signature not looking like one in one of her books.

Exactly what I was going to say. They are trained so that all the signatures look alike. My DD would completely notice if I tried to fake one and it looked different than what she got in the past.

I think some of us don't like to lie to our kids either. I know their not real per say, but they are to our children and I wouldn't want to lie to them to save a few bucks or a few minutes. I think this will be a really cool and special thing you are doing for them! Congrats and I hope it turns out sooooo awesome! Each princess has a unique signature and the food there is really good!!!

I think it's an awesome idea,it shouldn't be a problem at all. I'd take a pic of each princess and slip it in the card as well.

Um, I hate to be the one asking a stupid question but... If you do not intend to get any photographic proof, why not just sign the items yourself and say that a princess signed them? It's not like you're pretending to be Cameron Diaz, the princesses are fictional characters and the persons autographing the items are people pretending to be the princesses. Why can't you pretend to be the princess? Getting autographs like this seems to be to be an absurd waste of both time and money. Eating solo at Ariel's Grotto is just not worth it.

Thanks for your input. The littles go to WDW and on cruises and meet the princesses, so they would know. They're 5-8, so they're not dumb.

I know how to do the signatures myself from my time in the Zoo, so yeah - I could do it.

I have to eat solo somewhere, so I'd be interested to hear where you think eating solo is worthwhile.

Thanks!

Thanks for your input. The littles go to WDW and on cruises and meet the princesses, so they would know. They're 5-8, so they're not dumb.

I know how to do the signatures myself from my time in the Zoo, so yeah - I could do it.

I have to eat solo somewhere, so I'd be interested to hear where you think eating solo is worthwhile.

Thanks!

I think Carthay Circle and Napa Rose are both better options for a solo diner at the high end. Trader Sam's can be ridiculously fun for a solo at the bar, the food there is pretty good, and you can get boozy for the same price as going to Ariel's.

Of course, if the Ariel's experience is your kind of thing, then definitely go for it. I only meant that if your sole purpose in going to Ariel's was to get autographs, faking it would be a better option.

I think anywhere you have something interesting to look at would be good for a single diner -- so the Cove Bar upstairs from Ariel's would be a great place, especially if you could get a table where you can see Screamin. Ditto for Flo's V8. In DL, French Market or Café Orleans, where you can listen to the live music and people watch. Also Carnation Café on Main Street.

I think Carthay Circle and Napa Rose are both better options for a solo diner at the high end. Trader Sam's can be ridiculously fun for a solo at the bar, the food there is pretty good, and you can get boozy for the same price as going to Ariel's. Of course, if the Ariel's experience is your kind of thing, then definitely go for it. I only meant that if your sole purpose in going to Ariel's was to get autographs, faking it would be a better option.

Awesome. I have four meals over two days I need to plan for, so this really helps. I was going to do do Ariel's for the aforementioned task, but also to get a WoC priority pass. Is the Carthay Circle restaurant vastly superior to the Carthay Circle Lounge? I figured they were similar to the HBD at DHS and was planning on just hitting the lounge one day ...

Awesome. I have four meals over two days I need to plan for, so this really helps. I was going to do do Ariel's for the aforementioned task, but also to get a WoC priority pass. Is the Carthay Circle restaurant vastly superior to the Carthay Circle Lounge? I figured they were similar to the HBD at DHS and was planning on just hitting the lounge one day ...

Just so you realize the WOC dinner at Ariel's does NOT have the princesses. They are only at breakfast & lunch. I don't know if you meant you could do both at this meal or maybe doing the WOC dining at CCR, but I just wanted to clarify.

Just so you realize the WOC dinner at Ariel's does NOT have the princesses. They are only at breakfast & lunch. I don't know if you meant you could do both at this meal or maybe doing the WOC dining at CCR, but I just wanted to clarify.

Bah! Thanks - I'm an idiot. I thought for some reason they did it for lunch as well. Maybe I'll just do Carthay for lunch then. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter