• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Quest for the Perfect PURSE: the moms will understand

LostTreesWife

Earning My Ears
We are leaving two weeks from today for WDW trip #4 ! Aaahh! So Excited to leave behind the 5 inches of snow on the lawn of our midwestern home for greener, sunnier scenes!:cool2: We will be staying at the Pop for our first 6 nights and then moving to BW for our last two nights, where we will meet some good friends who will be staying there with us and who have never done Epcot before. DH, me, DD (4), and DS (2); they have DD (10) and DD (5).

So my dilemma is the same each time: the perfect purse?! Roomy enough for a couple of diapers, sunscreen... small enough to carry comfortably... lined a bit so my camera won't get ruined on a wet ride... and preferably, not terribly unattractive. I have yet to find this perfect Disney bag! :laundy:

This may sound trivial, but I think the moms will understand! Thoughts? Have you found the bag you take each and every trip?

last time we went I brought a huge insulated backpack. It was killing me by they end of day 1. So day 2 I down sizes to one of those tiny kids backpacks. It was big enough to hold the camera, sunscreen, the autograph books, plus a change of cloths for the 2 year old plus it weighed nothing. (and it was plastic so it was waterproof) then since I had the stroller I brought one of those cheapy diaper holders ( hold 3/4 diapers, wipes and a changing mat. they stayed in the stroller( it cost $2 at the dollar store and I had bought 3 jic one got lost or stolen) and then I brought an old small soft side cooler for juices/snacks) I left the diapers and the cooler when we went on rides and just brought the tiny backpack.

A backpack is a really good thought! I'm always looking for a long-strapped bag to wear, but maybe a backpack would be better! I hate to spend much for something I'll only carry for a week every six months, but then, we are addicted to the mouse now, so maybe I could consider the purchase an investment... ;)

ANOTHER NOTE: We make Tonga Toast at home a week or so before each trip to get everyone in the spirit. I found a mango orange juice sold by Simply Juice that tastes a lot like POG from Ohana...

:surfweb:

Just realized DH logged in as himself and I posted as him... It is dangerous to have more than one WDW nut in the house!:hug:

This is my perfect travel handbag :

http://www.baggallini.com/product1.asp?collection='cmb'&product='CTY289'

It holds a TON!! Plus it has an adjustable strap so you can wear it over your shoulder or crossed over your chest.

I got very lucky and found mine at a yard sale for $5 - I would have paid more than that!

I highly recommend it. There are tons of pockets, and it really does hold a lot.

I use this as well, another plus, it's WATERPROOF. I've tested it, it really is.

Several trips ago I went to either WalMart or Academy and bought a "child" size, black, backpack. It is perfect. It is generic so I can require that everyone take a turn carrying it. It works well and they don't mind helping out since it is not girly. Have a great trip.

Several trips ago I went to either WalMart or Academy and bought a "child" size, black, backpack. It is perfect. It is generic so I can require that everyone take a turn carrying it. It works well and they don't mind helping out since it is not girly. Have a great trip.

Do you rememberw much it was? I'm looking at getting a mini backpack or two.

maybe $15ish. We have used it probably for the last 4 or 5 trips. For us it is perfect.

I use a baggallini, too. I have the small messenger style. Crossbody, lots of pockets, lightweight, etc.

I also have the ebags - Piazza. It is similar to my baggaillini. I like it almost as well.

I also wore my Baggallini for 3 days this fall during the Breast Cancer 3 day. I walked 60 miles with it!

I love that bag! It was worth the money and I use it several times a year. It is not super cute, but is not ugly by any stretch...

I always take a diaper bag and a stroller with ample under seat storage. I find it unavoidable. I don't keep anything in the diaper bag that is irreplaceable. I then have the perfect camera bag, two compartments inside one for the video camers, one for the still camera, pouch in the top for extra tapes and memory cards. And it has a small pouch on the front perfect for keeping the credit card, cash, chapstick, kleenex, pen. It's quite compact with a shoulder strap. That goes with me and everything else stays in the stroller. We've never had anything snatched out of the stroller. It would be annoying if we ever did but all they would get would be a change of clothes, diapers, wipes, cream, a paci, and a couple sippy cups.

I bought a baggallini urban backback bag. It's lightweight, hold a ton and is attactive (I got the giraffe print).

I bought it on ebay for a steal.

I used a Sherpani XO backpack on our October trip and loved it. I think there are some colors on sale on the Sherpani website, and you can buy them on Zappos.com

I did spray mine with a waterproofing sealer, just to be on the safe side.

I find myself using it all the time as well! Great size and very comfy.

I bought a baggallini urban backback bag. It's lightweight, hold a ton and is attactive (I got the giraffe print).

I bought it on ebay for a steal.

This is my park bag too - the Baggallini urban backpack. It's lightweight and water-resistant. I have the grey bag and I love that it's lined with yellow fabric - makes it nice and bright inside so it's easy to find everything inside. I also like the zip pocket on the outside. I can reach back and get things out of that pocket (like the camera or photopass card) without taking it off my back.

Baggalini Ripstop Messenger bag. Fit diapers, wipes, zippy cups, snacks, phone, wallet, a couple of toys, sunscreen.

It's small and fits in all the "stick your bag in this" places in the parks, like roller coasters.

I got mine for $ 25 shipped from eBags. Plus it's cross body so it's easy on your back.

I love my Ju Ju Be BeTween - http://www.amazon.com/Ju-Be-Tween-Diaper-Bubblegum/dp/B001FWYGQG

I love wearing it cross-body, and I can use it to help me hip carry my ~1 year old. Prior to this bag, I used an Overland Equipment Loie and really liked it too - it was also useful as a baby seat, but it wasn't big enough for camera, snacks, diapers, and wallet, so I moved up to the BeTween which is :thumbsup2 The BeTween has a more comfortable shoulder strap too.

I always take a diaper bag and a stroller with ample under seat storage. I find it unavoidable. I don't keep anything in the diaper bag that is irreplaceable. I then have the perfect camera bag, two compartments inside one for the video camers, one for the still camera, pouch in the top for extra tapes and memory cards. And it has a small pouch on the front perfect for keeping the credit card, cash, chapstick, kleenex, pen. It's quite compact with a shoulder strap. That goes with me and everything else stays in the stroller. We've never had anything snatched out of the stroller. It would be annoying if we ever did but all they would get would be a change of clothes, diapers, wipes, cream, a paci, and a couple sippy cups.

That's what I do as well. I keep a diaper bag with the stroller with baby/kid supplies. I mean, if someone wants to steal a bunch of wipes, diapers, some snacks and an extra outfit, we won't be crushed. It will suck, but I think they would realize after going through the bag, that there is nothing valuable in it, unless they are really desperate for some basic baby supplies. We always do this at amusement parks and museums/zoos and have never had anyone mess with our stuff before. I usually carry an across the shoulder hipster bag (I have vera bradley, baggalini and lesportsac), with my camera (I would stick it in a ziplock bag if I thought we'd get wet), wallet, cell phone, tix, keys, important stuff and maybe a water bottle and some snacks for the kids. That way I am not lugging around a big huge diaper bag everywhere, while trying to keep track of 3 kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter