A public service announcement

All things are difficult before they are easy.
Thomas Fuller

CAPS LOCK IS NOT CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.

~ Anonymous

Maybe. But our software at work automatically turns CAPS LOCK on because it is easier to read. Capital letters are your friends.

Capital letters are easier to read? I wonder which overpaid middle management type came up with that concept? Sure, it's easier if I'm 5 feet away snooping over someone's shoulder (which could be the ulterior motive of said management type ;) ), but otherwise I find all caps distracting.

Capital letters are easier to read? I wonder which overpaid middle management type came up with that concept? Sure, it's easier if I'm 5 feet away snooping over someone's shoulder (which could be the ulterior motive of said management type ;) ), but otherwise I find all caps distracting.

You opinion is growing. Which is why, because of ADA, they are changing all the street signs from all caps to upper and lower case. Allegedly because it is easier to read. Not for me.

Don't forget tvguy works in TV news. Which means what is being read IS 5'+ away. The anchors sitting at the desk are reading the teleprompter which is mounted to the camera and is probably 5-10' away. The font size is also increased to make it easier to read from the anchor desk.

Don't forget tvguy works in TV news. Which means what is being read IS 5'+ away. The anchors sitting at the desk are reading the teleprompter which is mounted to the camera and is probably 5-10' away. The font size is also increased to make it easier to read from the anchor desk.

Good point! I had forgotten about that. I guess it is better in some cases.

You opinion is growing. Which is why, because of ADA, they are changing all the street signs from all caps to upper and lower case. Allegedly because it is easier to read. Not for me.

Really? I hadn't heard about that. Seems a bit extreme. Street signs seem to be one instance where caps are appropriate.

I'm not overly fond of yellow, either. But for street signs? Appropriate! ;)

Which is why, because of ADA, they are changing all the street signs from all caps to upper and lower case.
I don't think that's quite accurate. http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/mixedcase.asp

The conflation of regulations regarding these two new types of standards for signage — retroreflectivity and mixed case lettering — has created the impression that all states must change every street name sign to used mixed case lettering by the year 2015 (at considerable cost to those states). This impression is false. The only connection between these two standards is that if states have to replace some of their street name signs to meet the new retroreflectivity standards (which they are required to do by 2018), then those replacement signs must use mixed case lettering. Otherwise, there is currently no requirement that states remove and replace street name signs which use only upper case lettering — such signs may remain in place until they reach the end of their service lives.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/mixedcase.asp#WQL9DV4Uvo0IYelz.99

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter