• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Proper Cuppa (tea that is...)?

Kelli@40!

Penguin Lovers are COOL in the desert!
Is there a Tea Shop near DL or DTD? I am NOT a coffee drinker, and LOVE to sit and sip for some quiet time especially early in the morning.

Any suggestions? :confused3

Being from the UK, I can't do without my cup of tea, especially first thing in the morning and last thing at night, so I take teabags with me and make it in the room as everywhere just seems to sell coffee or soft drinks.
When I am out I drink pink lemonade.
Love Ella

I too am a tea drinker and do not drink coffee. I take tea bags with me to the parks and ask for a cup of hot water from any of the restaurants or ODVs. It's always been free. There is also a bakery outside the parks in DTD just near the entrance to the esplanade and i would think you could get tea there.

How strange that it's so hard to find a cup of tea! Most coffee shops around here sell tea as well. Could be a great idea for a new shop at Disneyland! They could offer high tea even! :)

There are some tea shops in my area which have become all the rage for little girls' birthday parties - they get dressed up, bring their friends and favorite doll or teddy. Cute! Makes me wish I had a girl...

Ella1 - Thanks for the "bring your own" suggestion. I do this often.
I was looking for some tastey bites to go with my cuppa tea?

I'll try the coffee shop in DTD...

Kellie,
I usually have some oreos or pepperidge farm cookies to go with my cuppa!!!
We will be visiting your part of the world as well on the 11th July, we are having 2 nights at The Luxor hotel after spending 1 night in Williams, Arizona the night before.
Love Ella

My parents lived in England before I was born and subsequently, I was weaned on Tea! The kids and I have tea just about everyday around 3:30 or 4 p.m.
I love my coffee but I love my tea too! I prefer loose tea to bags. You can buy tea at the better coffee shops or where they make espressos. And you usually have a wider selection than your basic black tea. But it's always bagged tea, not loose.
I too wish DL had a tea shop where you could sit down and drink a good cuppa!

Many of us Canadians are tea grannies too! When you order tea here at home (Vancouver BC) you get a pot of very hot water with a tea bag either in it or on the side and a cup. It seems so odd to go into a restaurant and order tea and get a glass of cold, unsweetened tea. I have found that I can always get a cup of tea in the restaurants in and around DL by asking for a cup of "hot tea". It may not be the best tea but it will do in a pinch.

There used to be Mary Poppins Practically Perfect Tea in the DLPP hotel. I don't know if it still runs as we have not tried for a few years but we really enjoyed it the couple of times we went....a lovely great huge pot of tea and scones and tarts and finger sandwiches...yum! :cloud9:

Ella1:
Thanks for all your suggestions.
I hope to go to DL in late August or Early October.
I hope you have a great visit here in July.
Be prepared for HOT DRY weather.
There are some decent tea shops here in town.
Try Teavana at the Fashion Mall on The Strip for a loose tea cup to go.

ZeusNike:
I have inquired about the Mary Poppins Tea, but they no longer have this wonderful event. I wish they would pick it up again.
I know my daughter would LOVE to do this.
:sad: Anyone at DL know if ther will be any kind of "TEA" offered soon?

Thanks Kelli for the info on the teashop. We were in las Vegas in August 2004 and it was very hot then, can't wait to go back to Roy and Siegfrieds Secret Gardens, just loved seeing the dolphins and they didn't have to "perform" for the people there.
Have a great time at DL.
Love Ella

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter