• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Princess, Pirates and Pixie Dust!

Yes, they did turn out really great. I love what you can do with a Cricket.
He was doing really well. I guess he's having some troubles lately. The state makes him go to daycare in order to save a spot for the school year, so that is new, and then the new baby I think threw him over the edge. He has been back to biting himself and hitting his head on things. They are looking for a way to help him. :worried:

Oh no! I hope they are able to find a way to help him.

Nice room and posers:rotfl2:

Thanks - I can't believe I didn't take any pics of the resort - I think I was not really planning to report, and I just wanted to "live" it this time instead of photo-journal. Now I wish I had more pics.

Oh no! I hope they are able to find a way to help him.

I think they will figure it out - they are teachers with psychology degrees - I'm sure they know what the resources are, and they have some skills. Just a hard transition. They worked on some things this weekend, and it seemed to help. I don't have any trouble with him at all, but I don't live with him, so you know most kids are worse at home than away. ;)

Grrrr Just had an update posted, with the exception of one photo and the internet chose to freeze up - then I lost it all here. I do have it in Word, but it's past my bedtime, so I'll be back tomorrow. I just have to vent, I have lived in two major cities now where the internet connection and speed sucks! I miss the fast, mostly dependable net from our little rural town in Oregon. :sad2: I'm sure they could get it right here if they chose to.....

I think they will figure it out - they are teachers with psychology degrees - I'm sure they know what the resources are, and they have some skills. Just a hard transition. They worked on some things this weekend, and it seemed to help. I don't have any trouble with him at all, but I don't live with him, so you know most kids are worse at home than away. ;)

Yes they are a whole lot worse at home than they are when they are somewhere else!! :rotfl2: Sounds like they are on the right track! That's always great to hear.

Grrrr Just had an update posted, with the exception of one photo and the internet chose to freeze up - then I lost it all here. I do have it in Word, but it's past my bedtime, so I'll be back tomorrow. I just have to vent, I have lived in two major cities now where the internet connection and speed sucks! I miss the fast, mostly dependable net from our little rural town in Oregon. :sad2: I'm sure they could get it right here if they chose to.....

:lmao: Hey I know what little town in Oregon your talking about! That's never any fun when your internet has problems. Ours was down for about 5 hours earlier today. I hated it but it did force me to try to catch up on some cleaning and laundry around here. :rotfl:

We were excited that all of our room requests were met, and we were also close to each other. A little more pixie dust sprinkled and twinkled. We all had our swimsuits in our carryons, so we changed and met at the pool. I headed over to the Paddock Grill to purchase our refillable resort mugs. I found I needed the pin number that the front desk CM had alluded to &.. Oops! I tried the one I thought it might be, and no go! So the CM just went ahead and charged it to the room, and told me to go to back to the desk to fix it. We filled up and waded into the zero entry pool. The water was refreshing, and we all enjoyed our time in the pool.

After a little splashing it was time to be dashing off to feed the monsters again. We dried off and headed for DTD. I had read on the DIS that the walkway to DTD was blocked by construction of the re-invention of DTD of course the family didnt believe me, so I asked at the desk when resetting my pin. She confirmed that you had to take the boat over. I had looked at arial photos on the DIS for where the boat dock might be we had stayed here two other times and hadnt ever seen it It is right behind the big red barn looking building!

We headed out &. Now where did they put that barn? I stopped by the bell desk to ask for directions to the dock. Its easy. You just head over that way (pointing) toward the golf course, make a right, and youll see the sign for the boat dock on the left. Cant miss it.

Famous Last words. Family in tow, I headed out in the direction of the pointing and walked around the curved driveway to the right, looking for an actual right.. We come to a fork in the sidewalk, to the left, which takes us in between two buildings, and out to the golf course VERY far away from the water still not seeing the red barn, but Im starting to think I can see the treehouses. Of course I am hearing it from Jim - actually he was quite loudly voicing his disgust with my inability to follow directions. (Not that there were any previous situations that would lead him to think this way:rolleyes1)
I just asked if he had seen the cant miss sign on the left???? We looked to the left and saw the dock across the golf course. What does a hungry family pushing a large double jogging stroller do when faced with getting where you need to go and a golf course is in the way????? Well, you four-wheel it right across the green, of course!

We marched right along, right past the villa rooms, and over to the sidewalk almost right back at the bell desk guess what we ran into? Yup. The boat sign on the left - only now it was on the right.

Boat Dock:

We saw a boat leaving just as we arrived, so we knew we had a little time to wait.

The kids had fun anticipating the arrival.

Little Mav was beside himself he did a little dance and pointed Boat! I asked if he wanted to ride, and he did his little nod that lets you know its a definite yes. We were finally on our way !

We wanted to visit Build A Bear, which I unfortunately did not research. But first we had to eat! I had heard about Pollo Campero, and it sounded like a yummy solution for us. We really enjoyed our meal - grilled chicken and black beans and rice, with fried plantains. There was a great toppings bar and lots of seating. With all the monsters full, we decided to head out to the Lego store and browse for a little it was Nirvana for Myles!

(CONT NEXT POST)

(CONT) Lindsay likes to have a tradition of doing Build A Bear on our first Disney night – so over to Build-A-?? Who took our bears???? Where did they go??? Why are the bears gone??? For a minute we stood there with our mouths hanging open, and then we regrouped – On to T-Rex it was!

With new bed buddies acquired, we decided it was time to head home – we had an early morning with lots of excitement ahead! It was so nice to see this sign on our way back:

Next up: The Most Perfect Magic Kingdom Day Ever!!!

SSR is so pretty. I haven't stayed there in such a long time as I've been off discovering the rest of the DVC resorts.

So glad you were able to find the boat dock. Personally, I don't think its that well marked, so yay for you! :cheer2: I loved taking the boat to DTD.

Build a dinosaur is just as fun as build a bear, right? I mean, what little girl doesn't want a pink, patterned tyrannosaurus? :rotfl:

Glad you are all settled in and your trip is off to a great start.

(p.s. I just started the WDW portion of my latest TR, so stop by if you get a chance ::yes::).

SSR looks very pretty!!

Glad you found the boat dock after your little detour.

Build a dinosaur looks fun! Would be different to get a dinosaur instead of a bear though. Jeremy and James would love it but Sarah does love her bears so I don't know how she'd feel.

SSR was my first ever DVC resort stay. Never did find the boat dock. :rolleyes2

Looks like a wonderful start to an awesome vacation. :cool1:

SSR is so pretty. I haven't stayed there in such a long time as I've been off discovering the rest of the DVC resorts.

So glad you were able to find the boat dock. Personally, I don't think its that well marked, so yay for you! :cheer2: I loved taking the boat to DTD.

Build a dinosaur is just as fun as build a bear, right? I mean, what little girl doesn't want a pink, patterned tyrannosaurus? :rotfl:

Glad you are all settled in and your trip is off to a great start.

(p.s. I just started the WDW portion of my latest TR, so stop by if you get a chance ::yes::).

I need to be "off discovering the rest of the DVC resorts" :lmao:

Yes, everyone agreed the sign was hidden. The signs for getting back were a little strange, too.

I think the pink dino was a big hit! They even got to get a T-shirt so she was extra sparkly

Thanks, it was a great first night!:cloud9:

Great update! :)

Thank you!

Signing on! Your family is beautiful and i can't wait to here more of your adventure!

:welcome: Thank you and so glad you're here!

SSR looks very pretty!!

Glad you found the boat dock after your little detour.

Build a dinosaur looks fun! Would be different to get a dinosaur instead of a bear though. Jeremy and James would love it but Sarah does love her bears so I don't know how she'd feel.

It is very nice. With the golf course all around it gives lots of great views around!

Maybe Sarah would be happy with a pink Dino with a dress on! :goodvibes:

SSR was my first ever DVC resort stay. Never did find the boat dock. :rolleyes2

Looks like a wonderful start to an awesome vacation. :cool1:

That makes me feel better - we aren't the only blind ones!:rotfl2:

It was a great start!:yay:

Hi Tammie! :wave:

Finally made it over here. I had a friend's TR to finish first, and my own to start (link in my siggie if you're interested) but I'm here now. I see Bunny Boy did a breakdown already for ya, so you were in good hands during my absence.

But I had to comment on a couple of things.

Pretty amazing story of Mav and how he wound up with you guys and joining you on a trip to WDW.

And I couldn't resist this:

Soon we were on the bus and driving up to this wonderful sight!

I love that too. The safety of the no stopping sign and the 50 limit sign just gets me everytime!

Finally made it over here. I had a friend's TR to finish first,

Hi Ponzi.:wave:

I appreciate that you think of me as a friend. At least I think you do seeing as our TR is the one that just finished.

Lady H on the other hand is not so happy with you. Especially after your secret :tiptoe: meeting this week. She couldn't believe that you wouldn't refer to her here as well.

Unless of course it's not our TR you're referring to in which case you're safe then. At least from her. I'm still not pleased about finding out about that secret meeting. And finding out here of all places. :mad:

Lady H on the other hand is not so happy with you. Especially after your secret :tiptoe: meeting this week. She couldn't believe that you wouldn't refer to her here as well.:

Typo. I meant friends' not friend's
Sori

Hi Tammie! :wave:

Finally made it over here. I had a friend's TR to finish first, and my own to start (link in my siggie if you're interested) but I'm here now. I see Bunny Boy did a breakdown already for ya, so you were in good hands during my absence.

But I had to comment on a couple of things.

Pretty amazing story of Mav and how he wound up with you guys and joining you on a trip to WDW.

And I couldn't resist this:

I love that too. The safety of the no stopping sign and the 50 limit sign just gets me everytime!

It's the Ponz!!!!:cheer2: Glad you made it over here!

Yes, we're all glad we got to bring the little guy - and it is a new adventure with him everyday.

I think they should have a mandatory 20 second stop for every car coming up to that gate so we can all get the pic and everyone will know that everyone is stopping - problem solved. ;)

Hi Ponzi.:wave:

I appreciate that you think of me as a friend. At least I think you do seeing as our TR is the one that just finished.

Lady H on the other hand is not so happy with you. Especially after your secret :tiptoe: meeting this week. She couldn't believe that you wouldn't refer to her here as well.

Unless of course it's not our TR you're referring to in which case you're safe then. At least from her. I'm still not pleased about finding out about that secret meeting. And finding out here of all places. :mad:

Typo. I meant friends' not friend's
Sori

Beep- Beep - Beep - back up the bus! :lmao:

Sorry to take so long between updates. We took my niece to college this weekend, and I have to upload some more pics. I'm happy that we got our photopass disc so I will be able to have all million and a half pics in one place. Okay, only the half. :rotfl2:

Finally catching up.

I love the pictures. The final "Welcome Home" picture in your last chapter is so heartwarming to see. We've only stayed onsite once, during our last trip to WDW, but I now understand the welcoming aspect of it all.

I absolutely love the multi-colored dino too. I may have to get myself one when we go back. Although I don't think it would be too welcome with our shelf of plush Thumpers or our wall of Coca-Cola bears...:scratchin

So far it sounds like a nice entry to the happiest place on earth! Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter