A Princess, Pirates and Pixie Dust!

Tammie, we are back and I am all caught up! :goodvibes

All I can say is, you have a beautiful family and you all have HUGE hearts. How wonderful your son and DIL are taking in two kids. :hug:

Your travel day and first day sound awesome. Can't wait to read more.:thumbsup2

Here...at the zoo but will be back later

Hi Kathy! So good to see you here! Thanks for checking in !:cheer2: I hope your day at the zoo was fun, and your DIS meet went well!

Tammie, we are back and I am all caught up! :goodvibes

All I can say is, you have a beautiful family and you all have HUGE hearts. How wonderful your son and DIL are taking in two kids. :hug:

Your travel day and first day sound awesome. Can't wait to read more.:thumbsup2

KARIN! Welcome Home! :cheer2: So nice to have you here, and thanks for the compliments. Another update coming tomorrow!

Tammie, let me first apologize again for not knowing you had this TR going.

You have a beautiful family, and more beautiful with the new additions coming. :)

The autograph books are adorable, and I love the build a dinosaurs.

What a great way to start your MK day with a visit to the Princesses...and the favorite one of all first. :goodvibes

Love Columbia Harbor House and sitting upstairs...such a great spot and still under the radar for most.

The faces on Splash Mountain had me laughing so hard.

And anyone who braves two mountains on their first day deserves special treats. :)

Okay I am all caught up !!! Phew taking a vacation puts me sooooo far behind , and I HAVE to go on another next month:rotfl2:It's to Disney:cool1::goodvibes:banana::love::cloud9:

Tammie, let me first apologize again for not knowing you had this TR going.

You have a beautiful family, and more beautiful with the new additions coming. :)

The autograph books are adorable, and I love the build a dinosaurs.

What a great way to start your MK day with a visit to the Princesses...and the favorite one of all first. :goodvibes

Love Columbia Harbor House and sitting upstairs...such a great spot and still under the radar for most.

The faces on Splash Mountain had me laughing so hard.

And anyone who braves two mountains on their first day deserves special treats. :)

Hi Kathy! No apology needed! I think you were busy getting ready for your trip when I started this!:hug:

Thanks for all of the compliments - very sweet. The dinosaurs were actually a fun change from the bears, and the same experience for the kids!

Our day was just magic. And it was nice to sit in a quiet spot for lunch. Those Splash pics were the best! I think the kids were pretty happy with their treats!

Update - coming up - NOW!

What a great TR!! Beautiful family!! We are staying at SSR in Dec. I also love CHH and always get the tuna. Fun day so far!!

BEST MAGIC KINGDOM DAY!
With two of the mountains conquered, and treats handed out, we decided that it was time to head toward main street and head back to the pool. We decided to pace ourselves and just enjoy our time together, rather than push it to the limit with the littles. Pretty funny, because we actually skipped the Teacups and Goofy’s Barnstormer – we really didn’t spend more than a few seconds thinking about it. At about this point, Lindsay said, “I think this was the most perfect Magic Kingdom day ever!!” This just warmed my heart – it’s what I had hoped and dreamed of for such a long time!
As we headed back past Liberty Square, we came across a photopass opportunity that turned out to be lots of fun. I’ll just share some of these with you:

This one is so funny - Evan is losing it and Dana has a death grip on him!!! :lmao:

Once our celebrity photo shoot was finished, we headed out to the bus, we were first in line without much of a wait at all. We got out at the Springs and headed into Artist’s Palette to enjoy a quick dinner in the resort quick serve.

This is also the resort gift shop, which makes things a little hairy at times - I wish they would separate the two -

They have easels with paper and crayons so the kids can draw a master piece from two sides of the table while waiting for their dinner. The three older ones drew their favorite rides, then forgot and left them on the table when we left, and the ‘rents threw them out 

I don’t remember what everyone else had, but I know I went for the cheeseburger flat bread,

Cheeseburger Flatbread - Ground Beef, Onions, Pickles, American Cheese, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Mayonnaise, Ketchup, and Mustard - $10.69

It sounds strange but I love this combo with the mustard and ketchup and pickles spread around it. We really enjoyed a nice relaxing dinner and laughing over the day’s events. I picked up a bottle of wine to take back to the room for later.
After that, we got changed into our suits and headed to the pool.

The air was warm, the water was warm, even though the pool didn’t seem to be heated, and the kids had a lot of fun changeling the water slide. After a couple of hours, it was time to head off to dreamy land – tomorrow was an early day with Mickey! After fighting with the door lock for a while, I finally figured out how to get outside and enjoyed a glass of wine and the beautiful lights out on the patio for awhile before heading in to bed.

NEXT: BREAKFAST WITH MICKEY!!!

You have a gorgeous family! Sounds like a great day at the MK!

Jill in CO

Awwww, Tammie! You have such a beautiful family. :thumbsup2 :lovestruc:

Looove the picture of everyone on Splash!! :rotfl2: That one is truly priceless!!

From what I can tell, it looks like little Mav fits in perfectly!! ::yes::

So happy everything was working out so well, I can almost guarantee the separate rooms brought a lot of peace for everyone to let their hair down and just relax after a long day in the parks. :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more. :)

Links!! You need links!! :laughing:

Such a fun day!! I have to say that is some great pictures of all of you!! I love the one of you, DH and the boys where they look disgusted while your kissing! It's great!! I also like the whole family one's. Death grip we mom's do know how to smile when holding onto a little one that's just done!!

With two of the mountains conquered, and treats handed out, we decided that it was time to head toward main street and head back to the pool. We decided to pace ourselves and just enjoy our time together, rather than push it to the limit with the littles.

That's always a good plan.

It never ceases to amaze me how some parents save and scrimp and sacrifice so they can take little Johhny to Disneyworld.... and then insist on running the poor little bugger into the ground, all the while screaming at him at how much it cost. :sad2:

Pretty funny, because we actually skipped the Teacups and Goofy’s Barnstormer – we really didn’t spend more than a few seconds thinking about it. At about this point, Lindsay said, “I think this was the most perfect Magic Kingdom day ever!!” This just warmed my heart – it’s what I had hoped and dreamed of for such a long time!

:):thumbsup2

As we headed back past Liberty Square, we came across a photopass opportunity that turned out to be lots of fun.

Great pics! :thumbsup2

This one is so funny - Evan is losing it and Dana has a death grip on him!!! :lmao:

:lmao:

We got out at the Springs and headed into Artist’s Palette to enjoy a quick dinner in the resort quick serve.

I like those lights.

This is also the resort gift shop, which makes things a little hairy at times - I wish they would separate the two -

What? And possibly lose out on a sale???? Perish the thought!

The three older ones drew their favorite rides, then forgot and left them on the table when we left, and the ‘rents threw them out

The "'rents"? :confused3

Cheeseburger Flatbread - Ground Beef, Onions, Pickles, American Cheese, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Mayonnaise, Ketchup, and Mustard - $10.69

I was just watching Live and Let Die (James Bond marathon the other week) and noticed a menu board. Cheeseburger $0.40.

The air was warm, the water was warm, even though the pool didn’t seem to be heated, and the kids had a lot of fun changeling the water slide. After a couple of hours, it was time to head off to dreamy land – tomorrow was an early day with Mickey!

I bet they conked out pretty quick! There's no sleep like Disney sleep.

NEXT: BREAKFAST WITH MICKEY!!!

Thanks for posting! :goodvibes

I love that photoshoot. Mark and I did it and it was so fun. And to get each couple in there and then the whole group is awesome (love how your sons faces look while you and hubby are kissing).

We've never eaten at SSR, but it's neat that they have easels for the kids to draw on while waiting for their food (I know Mary and the girls are staying there for our December trip).

And ending the day with a swim...what a perfect day. :goodvibes

Oh, that WAS a perfect day!

I just love all the PP photos. Especially the one with your sons holding your frame while you are kissing. :rotfl2:
And the one where the little one is trying to escape and mom keeps him in place. :lmao:

We have been to Artists palate too. I really like the cheeseburger flatbread that you had. Worth driving over from OKW for. ;)

What a great TR!! Beautiful family!! We are staying at SSR in Dec. I also love CHH and always get the tuna. Fun day so far!!

Hi Mary~ Thank you! I hope you really enjoy your SSR stay! They have games for the kids in the afternoons at the pools, and dive-in movies at night, too. I think there is even a campfire night, but I can't remember for sure.

You have a gorgeous family! Sounds like a great day at the MK!

Jill in CO

Thank you Jill. It was a perfect day!

Awwww, Tammie! You have such a beautiful family. :thumbsup2 :lovestruc:

Looove the picture of everyone on Splash!! :rotfl2: That one is truly priceless!!

From what I can tell, it looks like little Mav fits in perfectly!! ::yes::

So happy everything was working out so well, I can almost guarantee the separate rooms brought a lot of peace for everyone to let their hair down and just relax after a long day in the parks. :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more. :)

Links!! You need links!! :laughing:

Thanks Camille! The splash pic is priceless, and I have a frame from the past to put it in! :rotfl:

I think the separate rooms were a good decision for our group for sure.

Links? Oh on page 1? I'm so bad at doing those, that I try to do as few as possible. :goodvibes That's why I'm putting page numbers in the updates.

Such a fun day!! I have to say that is some great pictures of all of you!! I love the one of you, DH and the boys where they look disgusted while your kissing! It's great!! I also like the whole family one's. Death grip we mom's do know how to smile when holding onto a little one that's just done!!

The Kissing pic was one the boys HATED doing! They said it wasn't funny when they were 28 and 29 yrs old - but I think it still turned out pretty cute.
Cute pics! :)

Thank you!

That's always a good plan.

It never ceases to amaze me how some parents save and scrimp and sacrifice so they can take little Johhny to Disneyworld.... and then insist on running the poor little bugger into the ground, all the while screaming at him at how much it cost. :sad2:

I know - that is always the saddest sight to me. Take a step back and make some MEMORIES, people!

:):thumbsup2

Great pics! :thumbsup2

:lmao:

I like those lights.

What? And possibly lose out on a sale???? Perish the thought!

The "'rents"? :confused3

Parents

I was just watching Live and Let Die (James Bond marathon the other week) and noticed a menu board. Cheeseburger $0.40.

Hard to think that it was like that - I remember being at a McD's when I was about 8 and they had a big sign for hamburgers $.25. AND I think it was FREE to get in to DL, and the E Ticket rides were $.50.

I bet they conked out pretty quick! There's no sleep like Disney sleep.

Thanks for posting! :goodvibes

Yes, Disney sleep is always the best! :thumbsup2

I love that photoshoot. Mark and I did it and it was so fun. And to get each couple in there and then the whole group is awesome (love how your sons faces look while you and hubby are kissing).

We've never eaten at SSR, but it's neat that they have easels for the kids to draw on while waiting for their food (I know Mary and the girls are staying there for our December trip).

And ending the day with a swim...what a perfect day. :goodvibes

Those frames are a really fun idea! See above, the boys HATED that pic, but I think it was fun!

I think Mary and the girls will enjoy it - We really liked the Paddock area for kids.

Oh, that WAS a perfect day!

I just love all the PP photos. Especially the one with your sons holding your frame while you are kissing. :rotfl2:
And the one where the little one is trying to escape and mom keeps him in place. :lmao:

We have been to Artists palate too. I really like the cheeseburger flatbread that you had. Worth driving over from OKW for. ;)

Hi Karin! It was a greaty MK day!

Thanks, the pics were lots of fun to take. That is pretty much Evan's personality - if you want a picture of him, you'd better be fast! :rotfl2:

Nice to see someone else appreciates the flatbread cheeseburger! :goodvibes

Hi Tammie, from a fellow San Antonian! What a beautiful family you have. I think it's wonderful you have two new loves joining your awesome group. It's a special person, in deed, that can open their hearts and homes. Thanks for sharing - looking forward to the rest.

gina

Hi Tammie, from a fellow San Antonian! What a beautiful family you have. I think it's wonderful you have two new loves joining your awesome group. It's a special person, in deed, that can open their hearts and homes. Thanks for sharing - looking forward to the rest.

gina

HI Gina! Nice to "meet" you here! :yay: Thank you for your kind words, and for reading! There is such a need here, as I'm sure you know - many in our church are going through the same agency - I just love seeing the changes in our little ones, and I know each child is blessed to have someone care enough to step in on their behalf.

love love love!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :rotfl: it means a lot that you take the time to read and comment - you are so busy right now. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter