A Princess, Pirates and Pixie Dust!

That's a cute tradition to do build a stuffy LOL! Glad the walk to the boat was shorter than a 3 hour tour LOL

Hi readers! I know you're probably all heading out to fabulous holiday weekend plans, but I just wanted to say I'll be back with an update tomorrow - I just finished uploading a bunch of pics to PB. Thanks for your patience - now to answer some posts:

Build a Dino looked neat !!! Never tried that restaurant but have to check it out !!!

We chose not to eat there because we thought it would be a little too intense for Mav and Londynn - we peeked in and I think we were right :goodvibes But they do love their dinos!

Finally catching up.

I love the pictures. The final "Welcome Home" picture in your last chapter is so heartwarming to see. We've only stayed onsite once, during our last trip to WDW, but I now understand the welcoming aspect of it all.

I absolutely love the multi-colored dino too. I may have to get myself one when we go back. Although I don't think it would be too welcome with our shelf of plush Thumpers or our wall of Coca-Cola bears...:scratchin

So far it sounds like a nice entry to the happiest place on earth! Can't wait to read more!

Hi Heather! That huge welcome home sign was such a nice touch, especially when you feel like it's just for you!

You sound like me with your collections maybe you can turn the lights off, sneak the dino in between a couple of thumpers and when you turn the lights back on, none of them will notice. :rotfl2:

That's a cute tradition to do build a stuffy LOL! Glad the walk to the boat was shorter than a 3 hour tour LOL

Yes, a cute tradition, but it will get expensive for 4 kids! :goodvibes

It kind of felt like 3 hours heading back to the dock! :rotfl:

You sound like me with your collections maybe you can turn the lights off, sneak the dino in between a couple of thumpers and when you turn the lights back on, none of them will notice. :rotfl2:

Unless the dino has on a Thumper costume, T_Man will notice.:rolleyes:

Hi Tammie!

I'm reading about your family trip! I don't think I can get my parents back to DW, but my MIL is coming on our next trip.

Love to read about more Texas families!

Wed, July 10th – Magic Kingdom!
At 6:00 am sharp the phone rang, and I answered to an obnoxious alien who likes to hang out with a little Hawaiian girl. I don’t know what he said, but I was awake! Today was our first exciting park day! We got up and started getting ready for the day. Jim ran over to the pool and filled up my mug, and I had a few minutes to have my coffee out on the patio – so beautiful and peaceful out there.
Ryan came over at 7 a.m. It was so wonderful to hug my boy, all 6ft 4, 220 lbs. of him!  Hard to believe he just turned 30 a couple of days ago, but now that I’ve told you how old I am or he is….. He came over to hug his mommy and to get park tickets for the day. We had purchased the military 4 day park a day with water parks and more, which gives you 4 parks plus 4 entries to water parks, mini golf or Disney Quest. We had 6 of them, and Ryan needed to pick up 6 more at Shades of Green the next day. We wanted 5 park days, so I had purchased single day passes for all of us on base here in San Antonio. We were using these one day passes on the first day. This turned out to be cheaper than getting a 5 day Magic your Way pass from Shades of Green. He had rented a car so he could quickly bring little Mr. Evan back for a nap, no bus needed.

Those of us that were taking the bus met out front at 8:00 (well, maybe 8:05) We had some very excited kids this morning, but I think Grandma was more excited! I can see that I was enjoying my babies so much, I didn’t even take any pics until we were walking in to the entrance. Ryan’s family was running a little slow, as they didn’t get in until 1am the night before, and they were a little jet lagged. They told us to go ahead and they would meet us.

Almost there!

I didn't take this one - it's a photopass extra, but I love it!

As we came through the turnstyles, Londynn was given a little pixie dust in the way of a great tip ---- the CM said, “Pssst – have you got any plans this morning? “ Well, I don’t know that he said “Psssst” but you get it. More on that later

We got a photopass pic, even though we weren't all there yet. (please remember that I can't show off our little man until he's officially ours)

Soon, it was time for the Big Guy to arrive – the excitement was building:

Don't know where mine went ;) so I give you this:

The kids were very impressed that Mickey would greet us himself!

We had a few moments at the beginning of our trip where I tried to make everything perfect, and Jim was trying to make things his version of perfect and we had some “miscommunication” moments. (Of course my version of perfect was, well, Perfect!) This first happens here. I had told Ryan we would meet them in front of the Mickey Flowers at the gate. The park was open, and they were on their way, but didn’t realize where they had to park, so they were late. I wanted to send Mark and Lindsay and kiddos in while we waited for the rest. Jim followed me to the flowers and then protested quite loudly that I needed to just follow the others in and we could text Ryan – it would be a long time before they made it in. I agreed, and we went through the tunnel on the right.

Londynn’s Pixie Dust? Well the CM told her that she should head straight to the Main Street Theater because the princesses would be there and the lines are always short right away in the morning. This was an awesome tip! Londynn’s big wish for this trip was to meet Rapunzel. She had been growing her hair out so she could BE Rapunzel for a BBB appointment later in the week. So after waiting in line for just 10 minutes,

who was the first character she would meet? HER princess!!!!!

CONTINUED NEXT POST:

Londynn was in her glory, and Myles was getting a little nervous about hugging too many princesses.

It seemed like Aurora felt a little sad that we weren’t as excited to meet her as Rapunzel and Cinderella! She was ever the lady anyway!

This was an awesome experience – almost like a private photo session, and the photographer did a great job of catching little moments!
Mickey was on the other side, but we didn’t go there, because we were having breakfast with him the next day.

One more with Cindy

Our first walk toward the castle!

We headed down main street and over to Fantasyland  Peter Pan was waiting for us! Ryan texted and said to get on and he would meet us when we got off. We were planning to get a FP for LM and ride PP, but since everyone wasnt there, we just hopped in the 15min line for Pan. I told Ryan they should go ahead and ride when they got there, and we would wait for them to get off. Everyone loved Pan except Mav  he wasnt sure about being in the dark, and I dont know if he had ever ridden any kind of ride before.

As we exited, there was Ryan and family waiting for us!!!! There were hugs and tears of joy all around for a few minutes. It was so great to be with Ryan and Dana and hug my little men Mason and Evan! My heart swelled, and it was so wonderful to have all of us together. We wanted to just stand there and catch up as families do, but there was a ride to ride, so we hopped back in line all together while we talked. I think this time we waited about 20 min, so not too bad. Everyone had a great time!

I was excited to see NFL -

We headed over to LM, and it was practically a walk on!

I loved the theme going in, all sand and old bottles and starfish  I just couldnt stop to take pics  everyone was practically running through the line! I did catch a few inside:

Papa with his boys:

We had a Small World to visit:

Ryan and I retrieved the strollers while the littles rode the Carousel, and then there was a show of strength:

We rode WTP, and then met the Pooh himself with a few friends:

Tigger made a sudden move, and Evan was out of there! :rotfl:

Mav slyly touching Tigger's paw:

Myles, Evan and Mason kickin' it with Pooh! Evan brought this Pooh with him from home, and he was everywhere we went!

Now we had a date with an elephant. I was really looking forward to the play area for Dumbo, but it was also just about a walk on  so we didnt need to pass time in there. We decided to skip it, as it would be hard to gather the littles back up once they got to climbing on things.
We had a great time riding Dumbo  Myles and Mason rode together and became really good cousin friends for the rest of the trip! From here, Ryan and Jim headed over to Shades of Green to pick up the passes and the rest of us played in the water in the splash area.
Looks like Myles was getting hungry for peanuts!

Mason got really soaked!

I was amazed that with this big a group and little ones, we had managed to do this much before lunch! We discovered we were starving, so we headed over toward Adventureland with lunch on our minds!

Coming Soon - "You DO like roller coasters!"

So glad you got the group together!! Looks like a lot of fun was had by all and all before lunch!! That's always a great thing!!! Love the pictures!! Everyone looks so happy!

What a great morning !! I am excited about LM and the New Fantasy land. October will be my first time there since it opened and of course I have BOG lunch planned !!!

So glad you got the group together!! Looks like a lot of fun was had by all and all before lunch!! That's always a great thing!!! Love the pictures!! Everyone looks so happy!

We were happy to be all together finally! I couldn't believe how low the crowds were in July! I did use touringplans.com and I think being right after the holiday helped.

What a great morning !! I am excited about LM and the New Fantasy land. October will be my first time there since it opened and of course I have BOG lunch planned !!!

It was a great morning! NFL is pretty great, but it will be even better when the mine train is done, so the crane is gone. I'm excited you'll be doing the BOG lunch! There were people lined up down the sidewalk and all the way out of the gate at 10:30 am so go early for lunch! I've heard the line moves fast though. We considered BOG, but the menu didn't seem like it would please our crowd this time.

At 6:00 am sharp the phone rang, and I answered to an obnoxious alien who likes to hang out with a little Hawaiian girl.

Well, let's see.
Alien: I'm not American (at least not United States of American), so that qualifies me as alien, right?
Obnoxious: I definitely qualify there.
Likes to hang out with Hawaiin girls: I took surfing lessons in Hawaii from North Shore Surf Girls, so... yeah.

So now you know what my voice sounds like, even though we've never met!
How cool is that?

:rolleyes1:

Jim ran over to the pool and filled up my mug,

I like OJ in the morning, and Coke later on.

But if you want pool water, who am I to argue? :confused3

Ryan came over at 7 a.m. It was so wonderful to hug my boy, all 6ft 4, 220 lbs. of him!

6'4", 220lbs??

I'm thinking I better be nice to you.

Yup.

Good plan.

Did I mention how wonderful your TR is?

Hard to believe he just turned 30 a couple of days ago, but now that I’ve told you how old I am or he is…..

Judging by the pics.... I assume you had him when you were 12?

I can see that I was enjoying my babies so much, I didn’t even take any pics until we were walking in to the entrance.

I hear ya. You're wandering around with a big goofy grin plastered to your face when all of a sudden, you go, "Oh!" and start taking pictures.

We got a photopass pic, even though we weren't all there yet.

That's all right. I'm frequently not all there, either.

We had a few moments at the beginning of our trip where I tried to make everything perfect, and Jim was trying to make things his version of perfect and we had some “miscommunication” moments.

:lmao: We did the same thing on our trip! Ours just happened a few days later.

(Of course my version of perfect was, well, Perfect!)

Well.... of course.

Londynn’s Pixie Dust? Well the CM told her that she should head straight to the Main Street Theater because the princesses would be there and the lines are always short right away in the morning. This was an awesome tip! Londynn’s big wish for this trip was to meet Rapunzel. She had been growing her hair out so she could BE Rapunzel for a BBB appointment later in the week. So after waiting in line for just 10 minutes,

who was the first character she would meet? HER princess!!!!!

That's some really great pixie dust! She must've been over the moon! :)

Londynn was in her glory, and Myles was getting a little nervous about hugging too many princesses.

Look at that pose.

Way too cool for this "princess" stuff. :rotfl:

This was an awesome experience – almost like a private photo session, and the photographer did a great job of catching little moments!
Mickey was on the other side, but we didn’t go there, because we were having breakfast with him the next day.

Snub the head cheese?

You daredevils you!

Everyone loved Pan except Mav  he wasnt sure about being in the dark, and I dont know if he had ever ridden any kind of ride before.

Was he scared? Or just unsure?

I was excited to see NFL

Who's your favorite team?

We headed over to LM, and it was practically a walk on!

Don't you mean "swim on"?

We had a Small World to visit:

How did the kids like that? Bored? Or enchanted?

I'm guessing bored, but I've been surprised before.

Tigger made a sudden move, and Evan was out of there! :rotfl:

:lmao:

Now we had a date with an elephant. I was really looking forward to the play area for Dumbo, but it was also just about a walk on  so we didnt need to pass time in there.

Wow. Dumbo, a walk on. That's pretty rare.

Coming Soon - "You DO like roller coasters!"

That title alone, makes we want to read it!
Thanks for the chapter, Tammie! :goodvibes

Well, let's see.
Alien: I'm not American (at least not United States of American), so that qualifies me as alien, right?
Obnoxious: I definitely qualify there.
Likes to hang out with Hawaiin girls: I took surfing lessons in Hawaii from North Shore Surf Girls, so... yeah.

So now you know what my voice sounds like, even though we've never met!
How cool is that?

Oh that was you? Thanks for the wake up call, I think?.

I like OJ in the morning, and Coke later on.

But if you want pool water, who am I to argue? :confused3

:rotfl2:

6'4", 220lbs??

I'm thinking I better be nice to you.

Yup.

Good plan.

Did I mention how wonderful your TR is?

Why thank you! :lmao:
Judging by the pics.... I assume you had him when you were 12?

Oh, now you ARE being very nice!

I hear ya. You're wandering around with a big goofy grin plastered to your face when all of a sudden, you go, "Oh!" and start taking pictures.

That's how it went down

That's all right. I'm frequently not all there, either.

And yet we manage to function anyway, right?:hippie:

:lmao: We did the same thing on our trip! Ours just happened a few days later.

Well.... of course.

That's some really great pixie dust! She must've been over the moon! :)

I think she just couldn't believe it at first. :cloud9:

Look at that pose.

Way too cool for this "princess" stuff. :rotfl:

That was it. :cool1: So sad that he's growing up so fast.

Snub the head cheese?

You daredevils you!

I earned some PD later in the trip, or who knows what would have happened. :goodvibes

Was he scared? Or just unsure?

He might have been scared and we just didn't know how to read him, but after a ride or two he started to look forward to rides.

Who's your favorite team?

Don't tell the other Texans, but I'm new here so I have to say SF because they have on of our Oregon DUCKS now! Oh, you weren't really asking were you??? :lmao:

Don't you mean "swim on"?

How did the kids like that? Bored? Or enchanted?
They all loved it, except for Myles. He was quite bored. I loved it the most!

I'm guessing bored, but I've been surprised before.

:lmao:

Wow. Dumbo, a walk on. That's pretty rare.

I was so surprised about the low crowds.

That title alone, makes we want to read it!
Thanks for the chapter, Tammie! :goodvibes

Thanks for your comments - you are so much fun!:thumbsup2

What a great tip on the princesses. Those pictures are wonderful and what pixie dust meeting Rapunzel first.

Your group shots are terrific. So glad you got to see the opening show. I just missed the start of it in June, which was a bummer, so I am totally jealous.

Glad LM was a walk-on and I hope everyone loved it.

What a great start to the morning.

have yet to ever get to a rope drop on time LOL. You made awesome time wth that big a group tomake it and do so much so quick! I can only imagine what its like to have your whole heard together after being apart. As much as I am counting down for the boys to go off and grow on their own, I know I will be missing them tons lol.

So what are the kids ages again, from the looks of it they look like they all get along well.

What a great tip on the princesses. Those pictures are wonderful and what pixie dust meeting Rapunzel first.

Your group shots are terrific. So glad you got to see the opening show. I just missed the start of it in June, which was a bummer, so I am totally jealous.

Glad LM was a walk-on and I hope everyone loved it.

What a great start to the morning.

It was such a great start to her trip! I loved that the photopass people were there!

We make it a habit to make RD when we can - it makes such a great start to your day.

LM was lots of fun, especially for the littles!

have yet to ever get to a rope drop on time LOL. You made awesome time wth that big a group tomake it and do so much so quick! I can only imagine what its like to have your whole heard together after being apart. As much as I am counting down for the boys to go off and grow on their own, I know I will be missing them tons lol.

So what are the kids ages again, from the looks of it they look like they all get along well.

Your military man doesn't get up up and at it 15 min early??? :lmao: We have to be everywhere early - "on time is late." :goodvibes: We didn't make them all, as you'll see - Mark is not military. :rotfl2:
It is hard when they leave home - when Ryan left for boot camp, he was still 17 - a boy left and a man came back. :( When Mark got married, I was pretty upset - Jim said "This is going to be fun!" So 6 months later, I looked at him and said, "Now when does this get fun?" :lmao:

They did get along well! Myles is 8, Mason is 6 and Londynn is 6, Evan just turned 3 this month and Mav just turned 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter