A Princess' First Trip - My October 2013 PTR - Updated 04-15-13(Schedule and ADR's)

Yay~Mickey pancakes!!! :cool1: We do that too...although we haven't in a while. :confused3 Thanks for the reminder! I am thinking Mickey pancakes and chocolate milk from our resort mugs for dinner one night... :mickeyjum

Thanks for the compliments on the pancakes :goodvibes They were really fun!

Here's the next installment of my honeymoon trip report!

Sunday - September 30

September 30 was our first wedding anniversary. So, I wanted us to do something special/romantic that day.

We orginally were going to see the Cirque show, La Nouba, but they don't do performances on Sunday. So, we opted to go to Epcot.

Even though it is the "Year of a Million Dreams", I didn't expect to win anything, but I was proved to be wrong on this day.

We got up and got moving fairly early and we got there maybe a half hour after the park had opened. We had looked at a map the night before and came up with a very loose game plan. The first ride we headed to was Soarin', though we stopped to take some pictures along the way.

epcot1.jpg

epcot2.jpg

Soarin was an awesome ride, and we were heading over to where Test Track and Mission:Space were. We had looked at a map and were going to cut through one of the Innovations buildings on our way. When we got closer to the Innovations building, we saw and heard a group of people yelling 'Yay'. Since we were heading that way anyway, we continued to go toward them.

When we got closer, I saw who they were and what they had. They were the Dream Team and they had Dream Fast Passes! I was so excited!

So, we headed to Test Track (which DH loved) and Mission:Space and used our Dream Fastpasses on those rides. I made DH ride the chicken version of Mission:Space, because I didn't want to get a migraine... but the chicken version was really dull.

We got stopped by a family at one point, who said that they would take our picture if we took their's.

epcot3.jpg

Then, since we had the fastpass for it, we went back over to Soarin and we also did the Living with the Land boat ride, and got some pictures on there.

epcot4.jpg

epcot5.jpg

When we were coming back, we were passing by the place were we got our Dream Fastpasses, and the Dream Team was there again! This time they were passing out dream lanyards that had two special dream pins on them! They remembered us, and teased us that we were going to keep coming by for stuff. DH made jokes that we were stalking the Dream Team the rest of the day, even though we didn't see them again.

After we finished with the rides in Future World, we headed over to World Showcase. We did a lot of shopping in World Showcase, especially in Japan.

But first, we got another Dream in the American Adventure show. We were a little early for the show, but decided to go inside because it was very hot out. There was a cast member inside the lobby who came over to us and asked if we had gotten a call from Disney today. We looked at each other, confused like, and said no.

So, he brings us over to this phone and tells us to call this 3 digit number. I dial it, and listen - on the other end, is Mickey and Minnie congratulations us on our wedding :D It was a funny little thing (Mickey is very interesting in the wedding cake), and I had DH listen to it after I was done.

While DH was listening to it, the cast member came over and gave us a Dream Certificate in honor of our honeymoon!!

epcot7.jpg

He then led us to a special elevator that took us up to the balony where we got to be the First Family for the show. We also got to sit down, and watch the Liberty Singers do a little show before we went inside... and they did a little song for us in honor of our honeymoon too :D

Here's a picture of DH as we listened to the music:

epcot6.jpg

From there, mostly we shopped, watched some movies in the different countries, and just walked around.

epcot8.jpg

epcot9.jpg

epcot10.jpg

As we were wandering around, I saw Mushu from 'Mulan' - most of the characters we had seen were mobbed by people but Mushu was alone, so I asked for a picture.

Since the Disney Photopass photographer was there, DH got in the picture too :D

mandytoddmushu.jpg

Our dinner reservations that night were at "The Rose and The Crown". We didn't eat here because we wanted English food, per say, but because it has a great place to see Illumnations, Epcot's fireworks show, from.

They have tables on a patio that you can see Illumnations from, which is what I had wanted, but it didn't happen. But we were able to go outside and stand on the patio when it was time.

Our waitress was really great - she gave us crowns in honor of our honeymoon, a Dream certificate, and a light up Tinkerbell and Captain Hook!

epcot11.jpg

epcot12.jpg

We had finished all of our dinner except for dessert when it was time for Illumnations. We told our waitress what we wanted for dessert and she took us outside to were we could watch the fireworks from. We were one of the first people out there, so we got to be right by the rail and had a wonderful view!

It was a beautiful fireworks show, and I got a little teary-eyed because it was a really wonderful way to end our really Dream-filled 1st anniversary.

epcot13.jpg

epcot14.jpg

We went in after it was done, had our dessert, and then headed out. My batteries were dying in my camera, but I wanted to get a picture of Spaceship Earth at night.

epcot15.jpg

We made it out, and found our bus stop with no problem (this was our first day using the bus system from our resort), and got back, and fell into bed. It was really a very lovely first anniversary!

Next Time: Universal Studios!

Here is the next installment of my honeymoon TR.

Monday - October 1

We got up early-ish on this day because we wanted to get to Universal Studios early. We had to walk through CityWalk to get to the entrances of the parks.

universal01.jpg

Universal Studios doesn't have a lot of characters like Disney does, but we did spot the Simpsons on our way in.

universal02.jpg

We bought our tickets (1 day, 2 park tickets) and DH got a Halloween Horror Nights laynard, and lamented that we weren't going to it - I'm a chicken and I knew that it would scare me to death. And I didn't know he would have really wanted to do it.

The first thing we did was the Shrek 3-D show - our wedding song was 'Accidently in Love' from Shrek 2, so I really wanted to do this. And the wait was very low. It was one of the better 3-D shows we saw the entire time we were there.

universal03.jpg

The next ride we did was the Mummy rollercoaster - I was a little scared by this one, especially since we had to put our bag in a locker before we could even get in line. DH kept his sunglasses, which turned out to be a mistake.

It was a very wild rollercoaster - probably the scariest one I've been on. There was no line, so we walked right on. We were actually the only ones in our roller coaster car. It didn't go upside down, if I remember correctly, but it was very fast. DH lost his sunglassess, and I spent a lot of the ride holding onto my glasses because that would have been very bad if I had lost them.

After that, we rode the Jaws ride, the Men in Black ride (which was my favorite, we rode this twice), the ET ride, and some others. It was getting to be lunch time, so we went to find someplace to eat. They had Cheesecake Factory that served sandwiches and cheesecake, so we ate there. It was a little pricey but the sandwiches were huge and we split a piece of cheesecake, which was so good.

We then did the Terminator 3-D show, and then headed out of the main Universal Studios park, and headed over to Islands of Adventure. The first thing you see when you enter is the Incredible Hulk rollercoaster, which freaked me out just looking at it.

universal4.jpg

So, I chickened out. Since the wait for it was very short, DH went on it by himself, and he loved it. He said I would have been probably fine if I closed my eyes. I was perfectly fine just sitting and waiting for him to get off.

universal5.jpg

We browsed the shops in this 'Island' because they had comic books and comic book stuff that DH drooled over. He did get a Wolverine glass from here, it's pretty neat :D

We also rode the Spider-Man ride, which is a 3-D ride. I found it rather scary, as villians kept jumping on the car (or it looked like it because of the glasses), and at one point it felt like we were very high up (we were swinging through New York with Spider-Man) and I felt like we were going to drop. We didn't though. DH loved that ride too.

We continued to got through the lands - We rode a white-water raft ride, and got soaked. It was a little uncomfortable sloshing through the rest of the part, so next time we will save that one for last.

Our next stop was Jurassic Park...

universal6.jpg

We rode the boat ride in Jurassic Park - it was a little scary because it ended with a big drop.. and the T-Rex was right there at the opening of the drop. Still fun though.

At this point, we were starting to get tired, so we decided to just walk the rest of the way around, and then leave. We walked past the Dueling Dragons Roller Coaster which looked very cool, but neither of us wanted to ride at that point.

universal7.jpg

The last "Island" was the Dr. Suess one - it was very colorful. I only took one picture here, of the Lorax, who is one of my favorite Dr. Suess characters.

universal8.jpg

We got out of the park, walked through the CityWalk to get back to our car. We had a bit of trouble finding the car, mostly because we didn't go down far enough. But we found it and headed back to our resort.

We only did about a half day there - but hit most of the stuff we wanted to ride. This was DH's favorite park!

The rest of the night we just hung around the resort, which was nice.

Next Time - Rainy Day and Downtown Disney!

So, tonight I have been on Twitter watching the opening ceremony tweets. And I started tweeting about Disney and our upcoming trip. One of my friends tweeted that I was going to be crying a ton during our trip.

And it's probably true - I got teary eyed on our honeymoon when I saw the Castle so I can't imagine the water works when DD sees it for the first time.

So she suggested I make a special Disney hankie - with the dates of our trip. So I have something special to wipe my eyes with when the tears start.

I think I'm going to attempt it. I'm not the best sewer, but I think this would be a great project to help the waiting until it's October 2013.

Today, I've been doing some cleaning and laundry while DH is out doing errands. I had some extra paper in the printer, so I printed out some coloring pages for DD.

Here's a picture of her showing off the Mickey Halloween picture she colored. I wonder if there are any Disney Parks coloring pages that can help with our countdown to our big trip.

disneycoloringem.jpg

Today is DH's birthday! He's not very into birthdays but I make him celebrate every year.

This is partly because today is also my mom's birthday - she would have been 61 today. She passed away nearly 10 years ago. She passed on August 8th, so this next week tends to be pretty rough for me.

She loved Disney too - she was the one who convinced my dad that we should go to Disney World over Christmas when I was 16.

Here's a picture with me and her on the Tommorowland Speedway:

WDW50.jpg

Today is DH's birthday! He's not very into birthdays but I make him celebrate every year.

This is partly because today is also my mom's birthday - she would have been 61 today. She passed away nearly 10 years ago. She passed on August 8th, so this next week tends to be pretty rough for me.

She loved Disney too - she was the one who convinced my dad that we should go to Disney World over Christmas when I was 16.

Here's a picture with me and her on the Tommorowland Speedway:

WDW50.jpg

I'm sorry. I hope you have happy memories this week....like that great shot of you and her. :flower3:

Thanks PrincessInOz - I do try to focus on the good memories. It just makes me sad that she never got to meet DD - she would loved her.

Life has been super busy as I try to find a job as well as get ready for Dragon*Con. I'm hoping to update my honeymoon trip report soon - I'm to the point where I need to actually write it as well as remember what the heck we did.

But I wanted to update my PTR with a great find I got at Walmart. We were there getting groceries when I saw a Phineas & Ferb jello mold for a $1!

DD loves P&F and jello, so I had to get it. I managed to make some jello tonight and I thought I'd share the pictures.

jello1.jpg

jello2.jpg

I think it turned out great! DD is going to have a great time at snack time tomorrow. :goodvibes

Things have been crazy for me, so I haven't had much time to write in general. I've been unemployed for a couple of weeks so I've been trying to find another job.

I got the good news that I got a job that I can do from home. It will save us a lot of money since we won't have to pay for a sitter for DD and I won't have to get gas for a commute. I'm also hoping that I'll have more time for writing, including this PTR! I start my new job on Monday and I'm super excited. :goodvibes

But here in the next part of my honeymoon trip report. This is the first entry that I didn't already have written so I'm having to remember what we did.

Tuesday - October 2

We had planned on going to DHS on this day, but it was really rainy out so we decided to move our DHS day to later in the week.

First thing, we headed down to the food court for some breakfast. I also canceled our ADR that we had that day for the Sci-Fi Diner. I was able to make a new ADR for later in the week for the Sci-Fi Diner right there too. It was so easy!

We didn't do a lot this day, but we did go shopping at DTD. We both loved the Lego store and I liked the Christmas store.

DTD1.jpg

DTD2.jpg

After we shopped, we just relaxed at the resort. Since we didn't have an ADR for that day now, we opted to just eat at Shutters again. This meal wasn't nearly as good as the one we had our first night, but it was okay.

Next Time - Animal Kingdom and La Nouba!

Hi from a fellow Michigander,

I love, love, love autumn too. I'm so excited to see WDW in October. I've been there in the winter, summer, and Christmas but never in the fall.

The recap of your Honeymoon trip report is great!!

:welcome: PrincessCC!

Autumn is the best time of year - I'm so glad that DD's birthday is in the middle of October.

I'm going to try and get another post for the honeymoon TR posted in the next couple of days. Between starting my new job and getting ready for Dragon*Con, things have been super busy.

DD & I went to a pool birthday party this weekend. She was a little leery of the water at first, but had a great time splashing after a while. I love zero entry pools.

em_pool.jpg

October, 2013 seems so far away right now, doesn't it?

Nice pics of your trips. I'm still jealous of you....going to Dragon Con. :goodvibes

October 2013 does seem far away, but I've waited 5 years already so another year isn't too bad. :goodvibes

I'm so excited for Dragon*Con! We go every year but this year, I'll be on a panel as well as being a judge at one of the costume contests. Plus DD and I are going to be in the parade. I can't wait!

DD had a nightmare and didn't want to go back to bed. So we are watching the Disney Channel :thumbsup2

I will be taking lots of pictures as well as live tweeting (my twitter handle is @ChaosMandy if anyone wants to follow it). I'll probably do a trip report for Dragon*Con once I get back.

I'm in the midst of my Dragon*Con prep - less than a week until the con!

I got my Snow White dress that I'll be wearing in the Dragon*Con parade. It looks great and fits perfect! I can't wait to wear it at the con.

Here's a teaser picture - DD took it and it's blurry. I'll have better pictures hopefully from the con.

snow.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter