A PRESIDENTIAL Adventure in Autism! (8/20) ADRs Done! Be Our Guest, Here We Come!

KathyRN137 said:
Thanks so much; I'm glad you're here! I've been away from the DISboards for awhile... gosh, Maddie must be a big girl by now! :)

Kathy

She turned 9 in March! Next trip we'll be paying adult prices for her. Where does the time go....

Well... have you decided what ADRs you want to make tomorrow? :confused3

And are you going to share that with us? :rolleyes1

Well... have you decided what ADRs you want to make tomorrow?

Hi Amy!

I was working on my plans yesterday - which parks, which days, etc. (I use Touring Plans and Easy WDW.) I decided that on this trip we would only do one "special" meal at each of the parks and that they should be at places we've never tried before. Fortunately, the family agreed!

I'm actually waiting for the Be Our Guest ADR to select one of three optional itineraries I drew up.

This is what I'm shooting for:

Magic Kingdom: Be Our Guest

Epcot: Via Napoli

Studios: Brown Derby

Animal Kingdom: Tusker House (Donald's Safari Lunch)

Date Night: The Wave (dinner) followed by Top of the World Lounge

(No ADR required for ToW)

I'll let you know what happens tomorrow! I'll be on the phone at 6:59 to do battle with all the other Be Our Guest hopefuls...

Kathy

Well, after re-dialing WDW Dining for three straight hours (7-10am) I finally had a "DOH!" moment and called DVC Member Services to see if they could make our ADRs. After only a 10-min wait, I got through! :banana:

(What a relief!)

As expected, Presidents' Week will be very busy... but... I was able to get all my requests, save one: the Donald Duck character lunch at Tusker House! Funny that I was able to score dinner at Be Our Guest but could not get breakfast or lunch with Donald! :rolleyes:

Oh well, that's okay! We got the "important" meals all set:

Brown Derby
(dinner)
Via Napoli (dinner)
Be Our Guest (dinner)
and
The Wave (date night dinner)

I'm super-excited because these are all new experiences for us!

Whew! What a morning! It's 10:30am... and at last I can go and take a shower! :laughing:

Kathy

KathyRN137 said:
Well, after re-dialing WDW Dining for three straight hours (7-10am) I finally had a "DOH!" moment and called DVC Member Services to see if they could make our ADRs. After only a 10-min wait, I got through! :banana:

(What a relief!)

As expected, Presidents' Week will be very busy... but... I was able to get all my requests, save one: the Donald Duck character lunch at Tusker House! Funny that I was able to score dinner at Be Our Guest but could not get breakfast or lunch with Donald! :rolleyes:

Oh well, that's okay! We got the "important" meals all set:

Brown Derby (dinner)
Via Napoli (dinner)
Be Our Guest (dinner)
and
The Wave (date night dinner)

I'm super-excited because these are all new experiences for us!

Whew! What a morning! It's 10:30am... and at last I can go and take a shower! :laughing:

Kathy

Hi! I'm in the initial stages of planning our first family WDW vacation for April and subscribed to your thread for all of your expert information. I was initially drawn to your thread title since my DS 3 1/2 just got an ASD diagnosis.

We always ate at Brown Derby for my WDW vacations as a child. Although I don't remember much.....I do remember we always looked forward to it!

So glad you were able to get Be Our Guest.

Thanks (So am I!) It was touch-and-go there for awhile!

Hi! I'm in the initial stages of planning our first family WDW vacation for April and subscribed to your thread for all of your expert information. I was initially drawn to your thread title since my DS 3 1/2 just got an ASD diagnosis.

We always ate at Brown Derby for my WDW vacations as a child. Although I don't remember much.....I do remember we always looked forward to it!

Hello and :welcome:

I haven't been posting too much in the way of ASD planning; guess I've done so many trip reports that it feels like I'm repeating myself!

Please DM me if you have any specific questions; I'd be happy to help!

Kathy

Sooo excited!

BeOurGuest.jpg

Kathy

Thank you Kathy! Is there a way to find those older posts for when the panic might set in?

DisMom1981 said:
Thank you Kathy! Is there a way to find those older posts for when the panic might set in?

Nm I just clicked your icon and it looks like I figured it out.

Ann

Can't wait to hear about your trip and especially the Be Our Guest restaurant!

I'm so glad you finally got through and were able to get an ADR at Be Our Guest! We're hoping to eat there in April. :thumbsup2 Sorry it was such a long morning! Keep trying for that Tusker House ADR - I'm sure something will open up.

I've only made it part way through your podcast but so far so good. I suspect I won't get through it until the kids are back in school (or swimming starts and I find myself spending hours sitting at the pool) but now that I figured out how to actually download it onto my phone it should be easier. For some reason, the first couple times I listened to it, I hadn't actually downloaded it so I had to start over each time. :confused3

Nm I just clicked your icon and it looks like I figured it out.

Ann

Oh, good! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear about your trip and especially the Be Our Guest restaurant!

Thanks for joining in!

I'm so glad you finally got through and were able to get an ADR at Be Our Guest! We're hoping to eat there in April. :thumbsup2 Sorry it was such a long morning! Keep trying for that Tusker House ADR - I'm sure something will open up.

I've only made it part way through your podcast but so far so good. I suspect I won't get through it until the kids are back in school (or swimming starts and I find myself spending hours sitting at the pool) but now that I figured out how to actually download it onto my phone it should be easier. For some reason, the first couple times I listened to it, I hadn't actually downloaded it so I had to start over each time. :confused3

I know Amy; it's such a busy time of year right now! The kids don't start back to school until Sept. 6th so I'm still scrambling around getting ready!

I will try again for Tusker House; but right now I've got bigger issues....

Update to come...

Kathy

I am so glad to see you posting a Pre-trip report! Your adventures are always fun! So far so Good. Bay Lake Tower looks beautiful, and your ADR's are perfect. Hopefully an ADR at Tusker House will open up. We have had breakfast there before and we loved it.

We are trying to figure out our next trip. We haven't visited WDW since our big family trip in June of 2011.

We are hoping for February of 2013 but not sure if we can manage the financial part. My kids have the same week off of school. We may have to wait until spring break in April. We shall see what happens. Henry hasn't been to Disney yet, and we need to go before Ethan turns 9 in June, I am not ready to pay adult prices for him and Abby too. At least Henry will be free for a couple more years.

Can't wait to read more about your plans.:surfweb:

I am so glad to see you posting a Pre-trip report! Your adventures are always fun! So far so Good. Bay Lake Tower looks beautiful, and your ADR's are perfect. Hopefully an ADR at Tusker House will open up. We have had breakfast there before and we loved it.

We are trying to figure out our next trip. We haven't visited WDW since our big family trip in June of 2011.

We are hoping for February of 2013 but not sure if we can manage the financial part. My kids have the same week off of school. We may have to wait until spring break in April. We shall see what happens. Henry hasn't been to Disney yet, and we need to go before Ethan turns 9 in June, I am not ready to pay adult prices for him and Abby too. At least Henry will be free for a couple more years.

Can't wait to read more about your plans.:surfweb:

Thanks for joining in... WOW! I can't believe Henry is already a year old! :eek:

Kathy

Doing the same thing Kathy - Hope you are safe and thinking about you and your family. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter