A practically perfect DVC HHI beach trip with a side order of ghosts & drag queens

Disneygrl36

Happy DVC member!!!!
Hi my name is Melanie & I am a Disney Geek. I have written several Disney trip reports & enjoy reliving my trips by writing about them. Our most recent Disney trip was in October. Trip report link here.
Double October Birthday Palooza
My favorite trip report from Dec 2008 link here.
A Once in a Lifetime trip into Walt's Wonderful World

All pictures found on the internet.....none of these are my own. I will be taking & posting lots of pics to put in my trip report though.

This trip will be just me & my dear husband Eric. We have been married almost 7 years & it's just us. No kids, unless you count the cutest furry kid our sweet miniature pinscher Bella.
We are leaving on Friday May 14 & returning May 23rd. Our first stop will be Atlanta Georgia. We are going to spend a couple of nights there visiting with a friend of mine from high school. On Saturday we are going to a matinee of Mary Poppins the Broadway Production at the Fox theater. I am a huge Mary Poppins fan so I am so excited that the tour came close enough for us to work it out to see it.
340x.jpg

We are having dinner that night at the Woodfire Grill which is one of the top restaurants in Atlanta. If you watch Top Chef at all, one of the chefs from the final 3 Kevin is the executive chef. Excited about that as well.
0.jpg

On Sun the 16th, we will travel to Hilton Head & check in at DVC Hilton Head. We will have a 1 bedroom for this part of the trip. We love Hilton Head & are looking forward to lots of chilling, walking & reading on the beach, eating in some of our favorite restaurants & generally just enjoying the laid back lifestyle of being at HHI.
Disneys-Hilton-Head-Island-Resort.jpg

On Fri the 21st, we will check out & travel to Savannah GA. We have a ghost tour scheduled Friday night which should be great fun.
image4.jpg

Saturday we will be touring around Savannah & probably eating at Paula Deen's restaurant The Lady & Sons.
lady-and-sons-16-b.jpg

Saturday night we will be going to Club One to see the Lady Chablis. If you have read or seen the Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil, she/he is the colorful drag queen. Not sure what I have gotten us into by going to this show, but it should be an adventure.
TheLadyChablis1.jpg

Sunday the 22nd we will be heading home. :sad2:

I will also be live blogging some on this trip. You can follow the blog by clicking below.
Disneygrl's Blog

That sounds great.

I wonder if there are any tickets left for Mary Poppins. That sounds fantastic!

That sounds great.

I wonder if there are any tickets left for Mary Poppins. That sounds fantastic!
Thanks it should be a fun trip. We are seeing MP on the last day in Atlanta & I am not sure where it goes from there, but it is going lots of places.

Subbing!

My dad lives in Atlanta and I used to live in Savannah. You'll have a fab time. I really want to visit the Disney Resort at HHI for a vacation some time so I'm looking forward to your assessment!

:)

Anxious to hear which 1 BR you get. We've been to HHI about 7 times, all in 1 BRs. Although we love it there whenever we go, our favorite one had this view (1138)-

HHI-2009007.jpg

Looking forward to your trip report.

Sounds like an excellent trip!!
Hopefully you get a little spooked during the ghost tour, other wise it wont be worth it!
Drag shows are always fun. It is so amazing to me how they transform themselves into such beautiful women. Sometimes I think they are prettier then the real thing.
Have a blast!
Jenny

Sounds like an awesome trip- I'm subbing! :goodvibes I love Kevin from Top Chef, love HHI and am looking forward to hearing about your adventures! Have a blast!:dance3:

Tinks "SS";36633231 said:
Can't wait to hear all about it! Love TR's and your is off to a great start!
Thanks! Can't wait to go!

Subbing!

My dad lives in Atlanta and I used to live in Savannah. You'll have a fab time. I really want to visit the Disney Resort at HHI for a vacation some time so I'm looking forward to your assessment!

:)
I am excited to spend some time in Savannah. We have only ever done a day trip over from HHI & this time we are spending 2 nights. :woohoo: Any recommendations on things not to miss in Savannah or places to eat?

Anxious to hear which 1 BR you get. We've been to HHI about 7 times, all in 1 BRs. Although we love it there whenever we go, our favorite one had this view (1138)-

HHI-2009007.jpg

WOW that is an awesome view. Hope we have one half as nice. I will miss being on the ocean but looking out over the marsh will be fun too. Even though HH is one of our home resorts, we usually stay at South Beach when we go to HH so this will be different for us. I am excited!!!!

Sounds like an excellent trip!!
Hopefully you get a little spooked during the ghost tour, other wise it wont be worth it!
Drag shows are always fun. It is so amazing to me how they transform themselves into such beautiful women. Sometimes I think they are prettier then the real thing.
Have a blast!
Jenny
Yes I hoping to get a little spooked but not alot. :teeth:
This is our first drag show ever so it should be a blast.

I made it over Melanie!

I can't wait to hear your review of MP. The show is FINALLY coming to Boston next year and I'm super excited to see it. :goodvibes

HHI looks breathtaking. I can't wait to get there one day now that I'm a DVC member! :cool2:

I made it over Melanie!

I can't wait to hear your review of MP. The show is FINALLY coming to Boston next year and I'm super excited to see it. :goodvibes

HHI looks breathtaking. I can't wait to get there one day now that I'm a DVC member! :cool2:
Yeah Jenn!!!! I fixed the links by the way....thanks for letting me know!;)
I can't wait to see MP!!!!!!!!!!!!
And :welcome: HOME!!!!!!!!!!! fellow DVC member.

Sounds like an awesome trip- I'm subbing! :goodvibes I love Kevin from Top Chef, love HHI and am looking forward to hearing about your adventures! Have a blast!:dance3:
Not sure how I missed your reply. :welcome: Kevin was my favorite & I so wanted him to win. Hope we get to see him at the restaurant.

Sounds like a great trip Melanie! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Thanks Michelle.....we can entertain each other over the next month or so.:lmao:

HHI-2009007.jpg

I think possibly we had the same unit once, or at least maybe the same view from a different floor. Looks like a corner unit with a marsh view and marina view. We could see both sunrise and sunset. :)

DSCF3535.jpg

Ok, I am so jealous of your trip. You get to see Mary Poppins and go to the Top Chef restaurant! I bet he will have some good pork dishes. I am also jealous of your trip to Savannah. I loved that movie. Is it the real drag queen from the movie?

I think possibly we had the same unit once, or at least maybe the same view from a different floor. Looks like a corner unit with a marsh view and marina view. We could see both sunrise and sunset. :)

DSCF3535.jpg
Wow that is a great unit & view. I can't wait to get there.

Ok, I am so jealous of your trip. You get to see Mary Poppins and go to the Top Chef restaurant! I bet he will have some good pork dishes. I am also jealous of your trip to Savannah. I loved that movie. Is it the real drag queen from the movie?
Andrea, I was wondering the same thing about the pork dishes. :lmao: Yes, Lady Chablis actually played her/himself in the movie. Alot of the characters actually were locals playing themselves but most of them apart from the Lady Chablis were just small characters.

We are leaving in an hour or so.............first stop HOTLANTA!!!!!!

If you want to follow along live on my blog the link is in the first post.

Au revoir.:wave:

Getting ready to head out to see Mary Poppins at the Fox Theater! Can't wait!
Had a great dinner @ Bistro Niko last night with friends & a wonderful brunch at the Corner Cafe! Now ready for some Practically Perfect entertainment.

Subscribing to your thread! We are still planning our trip to HHI for October. Can't wait to hear your report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter