• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Post Open-Heart Surgery/Anniversary Dining Report!!! FINISHED! (and we are FULL!)

Awwwww, I can't believe the review is over :sad1:, but I guess all good things must come to an end. It looks like you two had a fantastic trip (if a vacation can be defined by dining experiences, which it totally can!). Really enjoyed all your reviews, so I hope there's a next time!

Thanks!!! Oh, Disney is always discussed as a "when," not an "if"...just not sure "when" is yet! We really did have a great trip (and yes, dining experiences absolutely can define the trip!), dining even aside! We're both so grateful and lucky to have been able to do this trip, and cannot wait to plan our next!

I'm a bit sad the reviews are done as well...Wingnut and I are toying with the idea of a trip report, could be a fun adventure...and I have around 400 other pictures I haven't shared :lmao:

Thanks for your reviews!! I loved reading them-- especially that last Rose and Crown one! That Sunday roast does look incredible!

Thanks for reading our reviews!! Rose and Crown was a great way to end the trip, it was a nice and filling meal to hold us for the plane ride home lol. :goodvibes

Have been loving your review...sad it's over (mine is almost done so I feel your pain). You are so adorable I can't stand it...love your pictures. OMG, the napoleons rock! Also, you should definitely make time for Festival of the Lion King some time b/c it is awesome! I wasn't sure about it b/c I thought it was just a retelling of the Lion King, but it had acrobats, singing, dancing, fire, and lots of other amazing visuals/sounds!

So happy you had a great trip! Good luck and get back to Disney soon :)

Thank you!!! :goodvibes Isn't it so sad when the reviews are winding down? I'm all trying to make the trip last as long as we can...possible trip report is being discussed, but we shall see...

I really had been curious about FOTLK...I watched a little bit of it on YouTube (which I'm sure is nothing close to actually being there), and it looks pretty cool. Finding Nemo always kind of leaves me a bit disappointed (although I STILL have "Go With the Flow" in my head :laughing:)

I'm definitely hoping to have a Disney trip on the horizon again soon - isn't life so much more fun when planning ADR's? (And :cloud9: = Napoleons. :thumbsup2)

I'm disappointed that your reviews are over! You were able to tell a wonderful story of your trip to WDW. Great job and I hope you visit DW soon!

Job well done! :)

I'm disappointed that your reviews are over! You were able to tell a wonderful story of your trip to WDW. Great job and I hope you visit DW soon!

Job well done! :)

Thank you!!! I'm sad too lol! I'm happy to hear people enjoyed reading though!! (And I'm always hoping to visit Disney soon! :))

I just started reading your dining report. OMG - that meal at Jiko looks so amazing. I am so looking forward to eating there in May. I can't believe the size of Wingnut's entree. It's HUGE! The appes and bread look lovely. We decided to add the DxDP to two days of our DVC stay, so I am sure to enjoy myself at Jiko. Cute card.

La Hacienda also looks great. That is on my list for May as well.

Back to read more! YUM!

More wonderful reviews (except for Tangerine cafe - yuck). Your meal at bome is amazing. Wow Wow Wow! That chef is tops. How special. The plate looked beautiful. No wonder we all love disney so much!

I just started reading your dining report. OMG - that meal at Jiko looks so amazing. I am so looking forward to eating there in May. I can't believe the size of Wingnut's entree. It's HUGE! The appes and bread look lovely. We decided to add the DxDP to two days of our DVC stay, so I am sure to enjoy myself at Jiko. Cute card.

La Hacienda also looks great. That is on my list for May as well.

Back to read more! YUM!

More wonderful reviews (except for Tangerine cafe - yuck). Your meal at bome is amazing. Wow Wow Wow! That chef is tops. How special. The plate looked beautiful. No wonder we all love disney so much!

Thank you!!!! :goodvibes I'm glad you enjoyed the reviews! Jiko was definitely our favorite meal of the trip - everything was absolutely wonderful! I'm sure you're going to have a great time there. :thumbsup2

And I honestly couldn't get over my plate at Boma - it was just so overwhelmingly kind of the chef to go out of his way for me to that level! And those parsnip mashed potatoes were awesome :love:.

Hi I have just scanned thru 2 of your reports...you know how one link leads to another and then another...:rotfl2: well I went from my own PTR to find a TR of another (lurlyloo) and then saw of post by you and that you are going Jan'12 well my family and I are going Jan '12 too (but I think you may be going before us if your ADR window is coming up...mine is still 10 days away) and then I noticed you said as I scanned thru your Jan PTR you ate at Narcoossee's...so I followed the link to this dinning TR and scanned through to find the review for this...

My DH and I are going in Oct to celebrate 15 yrs (anni actually this month but didn't want to do WDW in July kwim?)

I am glad you enjoyed your meal and loved the place...this will be our first time going there...we are DVC members at BLT so won't be too hard for us to get to...hoping for a memorable night and meal :goodvibes

thanks again..

and I stopped to look at your Goofy's candy review...yum dipped rice krispie treat!

Great review--- thanks for sharing. Glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you were able to celebrate at Disney!

Great reviews! Thanks for sharing- I just added a reservation for Kona breakfast for our upcoming trip based on your photos/review of those pancakes!

So glad your surgery went smoothly- what a scary ordeal!

Hi I have just scanned thru 2 of your reports...you know how one link leads to another and then another...:rotfl2: well I went from my own PTR to find a TR of another (lurlyloo) and then saw of post by you and that you are going Jan'12 well my family and I are going Jan '12 too (but I think you may be going before us if your ADR window is coming up...mine is still 10 days away) and then I noticed you said as I scanned thru your Jan PTR you ate at Narcoossee's...so I followed the link to this dinning TR and scanned through to find the review for this...

My DH and I are going in Oct to celebrate 15 yrs (anni actually this month but didn't want to do WDW in July kwim?)

I am glad you enjoyed your meal and loved the place...this will be our first time going there...we are DVC members at BLT so won't be too hard for us to get to...hoping for a memorable night and meal :goodvibes

thanks again..

and I stopped to look at your Goofy's candy review...yum dipped rice krispie treat!

Hi, thank you!! Happy 15 year anniversary!!

Narcoosees was very nice, but based on our experience, I'm not sure that I would recommend the Surf and Turf. It was definitely the weakest part of our meal, but the appetizers and desserts were wonderful (and the atmosphere is beautiful)!

Mmmm Goofy's Candy Company is always an absolute must-do for me! :thumbsup2

awesome trip report love the reviews!:cool1:

Thank you!!! :goodvibes

Great review--- thanks for sharing. Glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you were able to celebrate at Disney!

Thank you very much!!! :goodvibes

Great reviews! Thanks for sharing- I just added a reservation for Kona breakfast for our upcoming trip based on your photos/review of those pancakes!

So glad your surgery went smoothly- what a scary ordeal!

Thank you!!!!

Mmm those pancakes are wonderfully awesome, but very very filling! I love Kona for breakfast, that's on the plan for our January trip! :thumbsup2

Thank you!! It was definitely a crazy time, but my heart is fixed and looking good now! :goodvibes

Hi there!! I managed to find your thread by doing a search on best breakfast, and I have to say I've enjoyed reading every single post :) My DH and I are going for our second time in 8 days :banana: and we are so excited, and you only fueled that excitement more! Your adventures planted many seeds in my mind for new things for us to explore. Especially the goofy candy co, I don't remember seeing that at DTD last time. But with everything being new we were in a hurry to experience it all and may have missed a few things, or they could just be slipping through the cracks in my mind :lmao: Anyways, I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your posts, you both seem like very sweet people and I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip! I may have to make a few changes to our ADR's now tho... and for that my husband will probably :eek: bc I've only done this 1000x since booking the trip :rotfl: but I can't help it, everything looks so good!!!

Hi there!! I managed to find your thread by doing a search on best breakfast, and I have to say I've enjoyed reading every single post :) My DH and I are going for our second time in 8 days :banana: and we are so excited, and you only fueled that excitement more! Your adventures planted many seeds in my mind for new things for us to explore. Especially the goofy candy co, I don't remember seeing that at DTD last time. But with everything being new we were in a hurry to experience it all and may have missed a few things, or they could just be slipping through the cracks in my mind :lmao: Anyways, I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your posts, you both seem like very sweet people and I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip! I may have to make a few changes to our ADR's now tho... and for that my husband will probably :eek: bc I've only done this 1000x since booking the trip :rotfl: but I can't help it, everything looks so good!!!

Thank you!!! :goodvibes I'm glad you enjoyed reading! (And that the reviews were helpful too!) I hope you guys have a great trip and have lots of awesome food!

(And don't worry about changing your ADR's for the billionth time, I do that to Wingnut every trip!! :rotfl:)

So this past winter, spring, and summer was a fairly stressful onslaught of doctors visits, medical tests, and that crinkly examining room table paper. (Nothing says you're in a doctors office more than sitting on crinkly paper.) These tests usually involved a lot of lying still while my heart and thyroid (yes, it decided to join the fray at one point) were being photographed and listened to in various forms.

During these tests, I would sometimes play Disney music in my head (Illuminations, Splash Mountain, Wishes, etc), but more often I would play games, usually "What Treat From Goofy's Candy Company Would I Get Today?"

This made me teary-eyed. I do the same thing on particularly stressful days, usually when my hubby is deployed. It helps me "escape" even for just a few minutes.

This made me teary-eyed. I do the same thing on particularly stressful days, usually when my hubby is deployed. It helps me "escape" even for just a few minutes.

:hug: It's amazing the effect a little bit of Disney can have to brighten up a day. I think that's why we all love it so much. Even the thought of it is magical. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter