A photo only tour of Universal Studios, IOA, Sea World, Busch Gardens and Aquatica

Love the photos. Thanks for sharing.

This is absolutely great! so glad someone posted this link on another feed re: the castle tour. I think this should be a sticky so everyone will be able to enjoy them and get a feel of what to expect.

BTW: I saw you had five lenses, but didn't catch the camera. What do you use?

:thumbsup2 Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! You have a terrific eye and are obviously very talented. I wish I could hire you to walk around with us!

Amazing pictures!!!

Thank you ALL for the very nice feedback!!! I am thrilled that you are enjoying the pictures!!

dtum, the camera body that I used was a Canon 5d Mk II. This is my first full frame DSLR and I absolutely love it! (except for the dent that it put in my wallet)

undertheseas, Sure, you can hire me to walk around with you. My expenses are not too much. All I need is an all expenses trip for 4 from New Jersey to Orlando :rotfl:

I am going to wrap up our day at IOA....

Islands of Adventure - Seventh Day - continued

Marvel Super Hero Island

large.jpg

large.jpg

original.jpg

large.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

continued in the next post....

Seuss Landing

original.jpg

original.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

original.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

original.jpg

large.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

large.jpg

Marvel Super Hero Island - Re-visited

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

large.jpg

original.jpg

This ends another fabulous day at IOA.

I am almost done with the non-disney Park visits from our trip. I have one last partial day that I will show when I am able to post them.

See you next time.....

Thank you ALL for the very nice feedback!!! I am thrilled that you are enjoying the pictures!!

dtum, the camera body that I used was a Canon 5d Mk II. This is my first full frame DSLR and I absolutely love it! (except for the dent that it put in my wallet)

undertheseas, Sure, you can hire me to walk around with you. My expenses are not too much. All I need is an all expenses trip for 4 from New Jersey to Orlando :rotfl:

Well camera is only as good as the photographer and you are great!

Well camera is only as good as the photographer and you are great!
Thank you dtum :goodvibes
My camera gear and I partner well and it is a group effort. I do take a bunch of photos that are trashed though. Part of my strategy is to take a whole lot to stack the odds in my favor that I will have enough good photos in the end.

Beautiful photos!!!!

Beautiful photos!!!

Thank you czycropper and dd50 :goodvibes

I never posted my last set of pictures from Universal. Here are the remaining pictures from our last day at Universal Studios. We only were there for a brief visit that day.

Universal Studios - Eighth Day

Shrek 4D

large.jpg

large.jpg

original.jpg

large.jpg

The Mummy

original.jpg

original.jpg

large.jpg

Monster Make-Up Show

original.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

original.jpg

Beetlejuice Graveyard Review show

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

original.jpg

large.jpg

That is it for my photo tour of the non-Disney parks we visited on our trip. Thank you for your feedback on the pictures.

I originally intended this to be a non-Disney thread but if there is interest I can also post some of my favorites from the Disney parts of our stay.

I'll let you decide if you would like to see more from the Disney areas.

I'll give you a flavor by throwing out my favs of the resort that we stayed - All Stars Movies resort

large.jpg

large.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

large.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

large.jpg

If you are interested in seeing more favs from other areas then let me know. Otherwise, that is fine and we can put this thread to bed.

Loved all of your pics! I has a question for you. Was there plenty of room on the rides for you to store your camera bag? Also, did you take it on rides where there was water? If so, how did you make sure the camera didn't get wet? I haven't been to Universal before so I wasn't sure what rides to make sure not to bring my DSLR camera on.

Loved all of your pics! I has a question for you. Was there plenty of room on the rides for you to store your camera bag? Also, did you take it on rides where there was water? If so, how did you make sure the camera didn't get wet? I haven't been to Universal before so I wasn't sure what rides to make sure not to bring my DSLR camera on.

Those are good questions to ask beforehand disneymomma2. This was our first time as well and I was used to Disney where you can bring cameras on everything. I found out when we got there that the Universal Parks are more restrictive. Here is what I remember:

IOA
=============
* Spider Man - cameras and bags are ok
* Storm force - Note sure. only kids went on.
* Hulk and Dr Doom - I'm too chicken. I don't think bags or cameras are allowed though
* Popeye and Bluto's Barged - surprisingly, bags and cameras are allowed but unless you have a waterproof camera or are looking for an excuse to buy a new DSLR then put it away. There's a compartment in the middle of the raft that has a plastic cover but be warned...My camera knapsack is not huge (about the size of a kids school backpack) and it did not fit in the compartment. After a mild heart attack my wife threw me a poncho and I covered it and prayed to the water gods.
* Dudley's Falls - I was not allowed to bring my bag or camera.
* JP River Adventure - Bags and camera allowed. I kept my camera out for some of the ride and protected it from splashes with one of these.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Sea-...Ntt=dry+sack&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products
* Forbidden Journey - No bags or cameras. They have lockers but my bag would not fit. A TM there said we could use a bag swap which is basically the same as a child swap but for my other baby (camera). This worked out well since I was able to take my camera through the queue and my son got to ride twice...once with the rest of the family and then with me when they were done.
* Flight of the Hippogriff - camera and bag was allowed
* Dragon challenge - cluck..cluck...see chicken comment above
* Sinbad - It's a show so all allowed
* Poseidon - Walk through attraction no problem with Bags or cameras
* High in the Sky Trolley, Cat in the Hat - cameras and bags are ok
* Caro-Seuss-el and One Fish Two Fish - kids went but I did not but I think camera and bags are ok.

US
===============
* Jimmy Neutron and Shrek - bags and camera are ok
* Twister - walk through attraction. Bags and Cameras are ok
* Rip Ride Rockit - I think you know by now that there is no way in heck I am going on that either but no bags or cameras are allowed
* Revenge of the Mummy - no bags or cameras - I did a bag swap here though
* Disaster - walk through attraction. Bags and Cameras are ok.
* Jaws - Can bring bags and camera on but you can not take any pictures. Why I could take pictures on JP River Adventure and even Popeye's Public Baths (used a waterproof camera) but not this is beyond me
* MIB - No bags or cameras allowed. They have lockers
* Simpsons - No bags or camera allowed. I had to leave my bag on the plaftorm. It is isolated though so I think it was safe.
* ET - bags and cameras are ok.
* Terminator - bags and camera ok but I thought I heard them say that no pictures were allowed so I kept the camera in the bag.
* Monster Make Up Show - It is indeed a show so bags and cameras are fine.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

What a nice post. Thank you very much macraven :goodvibes
I am glad that you are enjoying the pictures. I stack the odds in my favor by taking a boatload of pictures so some of them are bound to turn out. :)

I have some more great shots of Wizarding World coming up next when I get to posting the next set.

I love my camera. :lovestruc
I also carry around a lot more equipment than most people who are not touched in the head like me are willing to carry. Let's see, I used 5 different lenses with me and some of them were fairly heavy glass.

Hi! I'm so sorry about this question but I need to do it....

I'm in love with your camera also :love:. Your pictures are sooooo beautiful! Please, could I know the camera model you are using? I am taking a trip soon, so I really would love to buy this camera. Thank you very much! It would be much appreciated. Have a nice day!:thumbsup2

Hi! I'm so sorry about this question but I need to do it....

I'm in love with your camera also :love:. Your pictures are sooooo beautiful! Please, could I know the camera model you are using? I am taking a trip soon, so I really would love to buy this camera. Thank you very much! It would be much appreciated. Have a nice day!:thumbsup2

There is no need to apologize to ask disneynova. I am happy to share any info. I use a Canon 5D MK II. I'll warn you though it is a bit pricey. There are DSLRs that are more resonably priced that will also give you great performance. One other warning is that the lenses that you buy for a DSLR are important as well. I have spent a fair amount on some nice lenses as well. I took along the following lenses:

1. Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L
2. Canon 17-40mm f/4L
3. Canon 300mm f/4L IS
4. Canon 70-200mm f/4L
5. Canon 85mm f/1.2L
6. Canon 50mm f/1.8

You certainly don't need all these to get great pics though.

Let me know if you would like any additional info

as everyone else has said, Great pictures!

I wanted to ask, how do you like your 17-40L? I am really considering making this my next lens purchase before my trip in December.

Thanks

Beautiful! You captured some fantastic shots. I would like to have some lessons:) I also love Canon cameras, but I don't have the DSLR. I have a powershot sx301s. It has a great zoom and I can add lenses (only if I knew how). It's not too big and bulky to carry around, but it isn't light either. I plan on taking it when we go in Nov. I hope I can create as beautiful shots as you did! Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter