• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Notice to the Islamic Fascists

Hey! This thread is broken! I can't past page 12!

I cannot stop you from thinking that way, but I refer you to the first quote in my signature. I cannot think of a better example of it in action than picking up the same debate that others have had with you specifically ad naseum using citable fact after fact and yet still expecting different results.

Again, I'll wait patiently for the congressional hearings, and the results that come forth from putting members of this administration under oath for the first time.
Democrat leaders (Mrs. Clinton, John Kerry-Heinz, etc.) are on the record stating there will be no call for congressional hearings on the Iraq war. To do otherwise would be dishonest, don't you think? (Insert Bush reference here.)

It's an old tactic known as "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with ********". That's how they convince themselves. They convince themselves what is as plain a nose on their face, can't possibly be that. So they concoct ever wilder fantasies about what country the WMD's were removed to while refusing to admit they never existed.

Mercifully, they're down to the 28% who still support the way Bush has conducted this war, and frankly, 28% is irrelevant to events. They're out of the mainstream and but living under the delusion they've got the inside track on information and the rest of us "just don't understand what we're dealing with". Newsflash: we understood 4 years ago what we were dealing and they've been wrong about everything.

You know, I'm one to diagram logic in my head when reading people's posts. The logical fallacies that abound in this thread are amazing. And the worst part is I think they are actually intentional! I don't know if the writers are trying to be intelligent with their twisting or just have such a sketchy grasp of logic that they don't see their problem.

The lack of dates on quotes is annoying, too.

Brandie

You know, I'm one to diagram logic in my head when reading people's posts. The logical fallacies that abound in this thread are amazing. And the worst part is I think they are actually intentional! I don't know if the writers are trying to be intelligent with their twisting or just have such a sketchy grasp of logic that they don't see their problem.

The lack of dates on quotes is annoying, too.

Brandie

The history of the Bush administration and their supporters is based on nothing but logical fallacies: "If we don't fight them there, we'll fight them here", Saddam Hussein paid $25,000 to Palestinian suicide bombers families, therefore he supports Al-Qaeda, and it goes on and on.

What gets me is the same logical fallacies are still presented as if the last 6 years never happened and the country doesn't see the Bush administration for what it is. And they present their "authoritative" opinions as if there's a track record of getting things right. It's at that point, I question just what is going on in their little pea-picking brains. Did they think none of us would notice they've been wrong about everything? It boggles my mind too.

I don't think most of them are intentional. One of my guiding lights is: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity". "Nuff said.

Democrat leaders (Mrs. Clinton, John Kerry-Heinz, etc.) are on the record stating there will be no call for congressional hearings on the Iraq war. To do otherwise would be dishonest, don't you think? (Insert Bush reference here.)

Dates and links (not the golf kind), please.

The fact of the matter is, people's opinions change based on circumstances and results. That's the mark of an intelligent person. What you thought was right 5 years ago should change in light of the incompetence of the Bush administration in fighting their disastrous war in Iraq. An intelligent person examines the facts as they come along and makes decisions based on those new facts. A water carrier acts as if the last 5 years never happened.

How did I blame Bill Clinton? The intelligence community during his Administration came to the same conclusions then as they did during the Bush Administration. And the politicians then made the exact same kind of statements they made after Bush came into office. That's not placing blame. It's simply pointing out all the facts that inconveniently undermine your theory that everyone was simply trusting Bush and he lied.

Did Cheney lie with that statement? Not based on salmoneous's selective criteria.

And BTW, I think you've told us a lie. That speech was actually given on August 27th, not August 21st. ;)

Something else Cheney said in that speech, while commenting on Saddam's desire to acquire nuclear weapons.

The only thing that's pathetic is that you do this purely for comic relief. It's all about the politics and the 28% to you. There's always been a hell of a lot more at stake here, but for you it's been about nothing more than driving down Bush's poll numbers, even if you have to tell lies to do it.

You can't make this stuff up.

Well there it is again. More disparaging remarks from the left. People who agree with Neil are not intelligent.

I am proud to be a free thinker. This article seems to be written to a certain subset of the population with the intention to "scare" them into supporting an unjust war.

How come every time someone says something you do not agree with - you respond the same way? I just call em like I see em.

Dates and links (not the golf kind), please.

The fact of the matter is, people's opinions change based on circumstances and results. That's the mark of an intelligent person. What you thought was right 5 years ago should change in light of the incompetence of the Bush administration in fighting their disastrous war in Iraq. An intelligent person examines the facts as they come along and makes decisions based on those new facts. A water carrier acts as if the last 5 years never happened.
Don't have time to search for all of them right now, but here is a blurb from the new Speaker Of The House:
"Seeking to choke off a Republican rallying cry, the House's top Democrat has told colleagues that the party will not seek to impeach President Bush even if it gains control of the House in November's elections, her office said last night."Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) told her caucus members during their weekly closed meeting Wednesday 'that impeachment is off the table; she is not interested in pursuing it,' spokesman Brendan Daly said." Washington Post, May 12, 2006

Excellent OP Notice to Islamic Fascists! :thumbsup2

I guess some people here will live in "peace" and long as the terrorists are not specifically killing them or their family. :rolleyes:

Excellent OP Notice to Islamic Fascists! :thumbsup2

I guess some people here will live in "peace" and long as the terrorists are not specifically killing them or their family. :rolleyes:

And some of them are much too cowardly to do the hard work that peace requires.

Excuse me while I howl at your display of naked partisanship.
You howl at my naked partisanship because I didn't comment on a quote I've never seen. Yeah right.

Look, I see a world of difference between saying "Saddam has WMD" and the "intelligence is clear that Saddam has WMD". I've made it very clear that when Bush said Saddam has WMD, we wasn't lying, he was getting thing wrong. I apply the same standard to Pelosi. However, when he and Cheney and Rice talked about the intelligence they had seen, then they aren't just getting things wrong - they are lying to the American people about the intelligence.

But you know what, I don't really care about Pelosi. If it makes you happy, let's say she lied. Her lying doesn't do anything to change the fact that Bush and his Administration lied to get us into this war. Bush lied. Rice lied. Cheney lied and Pelosi lied. Happy?

I'm not. The whole thing makes me sick.

We didn't bale out on Europe in WWII. I see no reason for the USA to bale out on Iraq.

The Iraqi's are just as worthy of freedom. God bless our President, our troops, our allies, and the Iraqi people.

Who are you calling "anti-American"? Please be specific... That's a pretty serious charge - don't go throwing it around lightly.

Apparently anyone who disagrees with this administration. Sad to see that ridiculous sentiment still floats some boats. :sad2:

And God Bless the Spelling Teachers.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter