A Not So Scary Trip Report! Sept 2009-WL!!! Update 2/14

Yay!! So glad you found it!

Thank YOU for all of your help! I couldn't have found it otherwise!!!

Your pics of Spash Mountain are really cool. I never want to try and take my camera out hehe.

Thanks!!! It takes decent pictures on the ride since it's not too dark.

Your pictures are amazing. The ones I took on Splash are quite dark, you have a great camera.

Can't wait for more

Thank you! It's a Nikon D40X SLR camera. I love it! Takes great pictures on Auto!!! More is on the way! :0)

Great update Karen, as always!!! :thumbsup2 The stuff inside Expo. Hall is so cool, I had seen it back in like 2005, but I don't remember all of it,so I wonder if they have added more. Also love the Splah Mountain photos of the words Its Truth, Its Actual, Satisfactual, I had never noticed them before, they are very cool. Can't wait to read and see more. Your trip reports are the best. I had a great time on my Christmas trip, TSM is my new favorite ride, also road Soarin for the first time, it was awesome, but I must say I am still a Disneyland junkie, can't wait to get back there, do you have any trips planned for out there?? The new stuff coming to California Adventure sounds amazing. :goodvibes

Thank you thank you! Yes the stuff in that Expo hall is SO neat! I had a good time in there! That part on Splash Mountain is REALLY dark at the end when you are coming back into the dock. You really have to look for it but it's to your left and up on the wall. I agree...Disneyland is still awesome in my book too. They are two totally different kinds of awesome but I definitely LOVED Disneyland!!!! No trips out there as of yet but we'll see!!! :0)

We have never been to the Expo Hall and will definitely go there next trip! Loved the cruise report now subbing to this!!

:surfweb:

Thank you so much! Glad you are along for this TR too!!! :goodvibes

I love all the pictures you took in Exposition Hall!

What a beautiful, clear day it was!

Oh my gosh, your Splash Mountain pictures are amazing! I was too afraid to keep my camera out for pictures.

Looking forward to more!

Thanks!!! It was a beautiful day! They all were now that I think about it! I told Jason that if he dropped my camera, he was in TROUBLE! lol

Great update Karen!

Already has the makings for another fantastic trip!:goodvibes

Thank you so much!!! Glad you are enjoying it!

I've been in Exposition Hall before but I've never seen those displays! Hmm..maybe I didn't go in far enough? :confused3

I love how your mom is ducking down at the SM drop! :laughing:

Yeah you probably just didn't walk in far enough. I did the same thing when we went last time. You have to go ALL the way back and into another room in the very back. It's not well advertised! lol that's the ONLY way my mom will ride Splash is if she can duck at the drop! haha!

Subscribing to your TR! Sounds like a great trip so far!!

We were at the WL at the same time! I keep expcecting to see one of my kiddos pop up in one of your photos, lol.

Thank you so much! Awww how cool! Well keep your eyes open! You'll never know what or who you'll find in my pictures!!! :0) lol

More on the way....

Monday, September 14, 2009 - My Dad's Birthday Celebration Cont

After Splash Mountain, we rode Big Thunder Mountain and there was no wait at all! Yay!

dw133.jpg

We were front row! Aaaah! lol

dw134.jpg

I have never taken pictures on these rides before so I thought it would be neat to see what I could come up with! :0)

dw135.jpg

After Big Thunder, we walked back over towards the Haunted Mansion!

dw136.jpg

dw137.jpg

We saw this guy on the way!

dw138.jpg

I had never noticed this wall of names before but I thought some of them were funny! This is after you get off the HM!

We had a little more time before our lunch reservations at WCC so we rode Small World....my mom's favorite!

dw139.jpg

dw140.jpg

dw141.jpg

I found a string of Hidden Mickeys!

dw142.jpg

There was NO ONE in WCC hardly! I asked for a "fun" waiter or waitress and they told me she was on break. Boo. Out of ALL of your staff, there's only ONE who is fun!? Seems silly to me for the theme of the restaurant. I would think most of them would be silly or fun! Whatever.

dw143.jpg

My dad and Jason were playing with the iphones

dw144.jpg

I got a Cotton Candy shake and my dad got a Strawberry shake!

Turns out our waiter was fun...he was silly and kept us laughing. Only problem is I didn't realize they dont' do the REALLY FUN stuff here at lunch! It's mostly at dinner. I'm not going back there for lunch again!

dw145.jpg

This was my appetizer and it was delicious! It was some kind of pulled pork something or another!

dw146.jpg

dw147.jpg

We all got the skillet! YUMMMMMM!!!

dw148.jpg

My dad's birthday cake!

dw149.jpg

My dessert

dw150.jpg

Dad and Jason being silly!

Jason can be very creative and very silly....he comes up with random stuff all the time....so this is what he did with the napkins.....

dw151.jpg

Sometimes I wonder where he gets this stuff from!!! Haha!

dw152.jpg

This one is a hand with a needle in it popping the balloons! lol

............................CONT.......................

......................CONT.....................

After we ate, since we were in our resort already, we decided to go back and take naps! So that's what we did for about 3 hours...we watched tv and relaxed. RELAXED at Disney?? Something we never ever do...it was really nice!

dw153.jpg

Our dinner reservations were at Hoop-Dee-Doo. None of us had been before.

dw154.jpg

They start you off with salad and cornbread.

dw155.jpg

dw156.jpg

dw158.jpg

Menu

............and then the show begins.......

dw159.jpg

dw160.jpg

This is SUCH a fun show! If you haven't been, I definitely recommend it! It's so cute!

dw161.jpg

The food is good, too!

dw162.jpg

They were doing a song about where people were from and one of the guys in the show asked my dad where we were from. He said Louisiana and so in the song, the guy sang a little tune about Louisiana and said that we might end up GATOR BAIT!!!!!!! We were not happy! He was referring to the LSU Tigers and the Florida Gators! lol

dw163.jpg

The show is a riot. These people are hilarious!

dw164.jpg

dw165.jpg

Time for dessert!!!!

dw166.jpg

dw167.jpg

That poor man all the way to the right...he was audience participation but he was SUCH a good sport!

dw168.jpg

dw169.jpg

dw170.jpg

YAY this dinner was a LOT of fun and I definitely recommend it if you haven't tried it yet!!!

Up next: Gosh this day is going on forever! lol Epcot and then time to go to bed!

Darn! So disappointed to hear that WCC doesn't do much of the "antics" at Lunch. We have lunch booked in May. Well that does it - I am switching to Tepan Edo...I was trying to fit that in somewhere anyway.

And what is with the *one* funny server??? It should be a requirement of the job there, shouldn't it?:rotfl:

Thanks for the great info before I made the same mistake of going during lunch. :thumbsup2

Great review of HDDR. I haven't been since I was a kid, but we decided to go with Mickey's BBQ this year so the kiddos can dance with the characters. To me it looks like a semi-private dance party where you don't have to stay up late with small kids as you do in the Parks.;)

We always take loads of time to relax at Disney. Sometimes it includes sitting on a bench and just taking in the sights. It's a lot of fun.

I have never been to Hoop Dee Doo. Maybe I will.

Hoop Dee Doo is so much fun! I've been there once and loved it. My opinion, I think its one dinner everyone should go to at least once :goodvibes

Hey Karen, Another great update as always, with beautiful pictures. WCC looks yummy, that cotton candy shake looks way yummy. Hoop Dee-Doo looks like a lot of fun!!! :thumbsup2 If I ever strike it rich and can make it back to WDW, I will be sure to check it out. However right now I am saving my money, the little I can save for Disneyland. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your trips with us. You always brighten up my days, and right now that is such a blessing to me. Life is kind of rough right now and I am in a bad spot, so it is nice to smile when I am able to read your updates. Can't wait to read and see alll about Epcot, sounds like a long but fun day. :goodvibes

HDDR sounds really fun! I have it on my must-do list for next trip!

It is SO much fun! It is definitely a must do!!! I loved it!

Darn! So disappointed to hear that WCC doesn't do much of the "antics" at Lunch. We have lunch booked in May. Well that does it - I am switching to Tepan Edo...I was trying to fit that in somewhere anyway.

And what is with the *one* funny server??? It should be a requirement of the job there, shouldn't it?:rotfl:

Thanks for the great info before I made the same mistake of going during lunch. :thumbsup2

Great review of HDDR. I haven't been since I was a kid, but we decided to go with Mickey's BBQ this year so the kiddos can dance with the characters. To me it looks like a semi-private dance party where you don't have to stay up late with small kids as you do in the Parks.;)

Yeah I thought that was silly about WCC too! Isn't that the point of the whole restaurant? Whatever... lol Good choice on Tepan Edo! I've heard good things about it!! :0) Oooh MBBQ sounds fun too! I want to hear about it after you guys go!!! :0) Thanks again!

We always take loads of time to relax at Disney. Sometimes it includes sitting on a bench and just taking in the sights. It's a lot of fun.

I have never been to Hoop Dee Doo. Maybe I will.

Yeah relaxing time is fun!! I love to people watch too! HoopDeeDoo is a lot of fun! Ya'll should try it out next time! :0)

Hoop Dee Doo is so much fun! I've been there once and loved it. My opinion, I think its one dinner everyone should go to at least once :goodvibes

I definitely agree! It's a great place!!! :goodvibes

Hey Karen, Another great update as always, with beautiful pictures. WCC looks yummy, that cotton candy shake looks way yummy. Hoop Dee-Doo looks like a lot of fun!!! :thumbsup2 If I ever strike it rich and can make it back to WDW, I will be sure to check it out. However right now I am saving my money, the little I can save for Disneyland. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your trips with us. You always brighten up my days, and right now that is such a blessing to me. Life is kind of rough right now and I am in a bad spot, so it is nice to smile when I am able to read your updates. Can't wait to read and see alll about Epcot, sounds like a long but fun day. :goodvibes

Thank you so much!!!! Oooh yes that Cotton Candy shake was amazing!!! lol I would love to go back to DL! We dont' have it in the works though as of right now! Oh well! Awww thank you so much! That was really sweet of you to say! I love reliving my trips so I'm glad that people are enjoying them! I hope you have a Happy New Year! Hope things get better for you! (hugs)

YAY!! A new report, i'm going to try to follow on time for this one :goodvibes hope you had an awesome Christmas!!!!:banana:

Yay Hey there! We had a great Christmas! How about you guys?

Monday, September 14, 2009 - My Dad's Birthday Celebration Cont

And now the end of the day!

After leaving HoopDeedoo, we got on a boat to the MK, then on the Monorail to Epcot. We loved riding the boat so we did it every chance we got!

dw171.jpg

dw172.jpg

Goofballs

dw173.jpg

On the Monorail

dw174.jpg

Finally made it to Epcot!

dw175.jpg

We rode Spaceship Earth first

dw176.jpg

dw177.jpg

dw178.jpg

dw179.jpg

Then we did Soarin and the Land and The Seas. By that time, the park was closing so we made our way back to our Resort!

dw180.jpg

And I decorated! :0)

dw181.jpg

dw182.jpg

I loved sitting out on the balcony at night...it was so neat hearing the "fake" crickets!! :0) lol

Up next: Day 2!!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - Jason's Birthday Celebration

We woke up Tuesday morning and got ready for Epcot! I wanted to spend time in Future World then explore the countries the rest of the afternoon! This is one thing I had never done before so I was really excited to see it all!

dw183.jpg

We left an envelope for Mousekeeping then make our way to Roaring Fork

dw184.jpg

This was in our room on the wall by the adjoining door and I thought it was cute!

dw186.jpg

View from outside

dw187.jpg

I had caramel apples! Yum!

dw188.jpg

Another view.

dw189.jpg

on the bus ride to Epcot, I looked up the weather on my phone and I was disappointed...it was supposed to rain EVERY day we were there! (You know what...it only ended up raining on us for like 10 minutes one day at MNSSHP and then it never rained again on us!)

dw190.jpg

Epcot!

dw191.jpg

dw195.jpg

We did all the Future World rides...Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin, The Seas, etc...

dw193.jpg

Guess what 2 were green and what two were orange? lol I'm a big chicken!!!

dw192.jpg

dw192-1.jpg

We loved being there in September! Never a line!!!!

dw194.jpg

dw196.jpg

We got on the first row on Soarin

dw197.jpg

The Seas

dw198.jpg

We played around waiting on our reservations for Coral Reef

dw199.jpg

dw200.jpg

Hehe

dw201.jpg

dw202.jpg

We were being silly taking pictures with this guy when a man asked if we wanted him to take our picture...lol

.......................CONT......................

.....................CONT...................

dw203.jpg

Before too long, it was time for our ADR's at Coral Reef. Jason wanted to celebrate his birthday at Coral Reef so that's what we did!

dw204.jpg

dw205.jpg

I really like this place!

dw206.jpg

My mom and her drink. We joked with her because it was a strawberry daquiri (virgin) ... lol

dw207.jpg

This guy stayed at this glass for for ever!!

dw208.jpg

Yummy food!

dw209.jpg

I had the Mahi Mahi

dw210.jpg

Jason had steak

dw211.jpg

Jason's dessert

dw212.jpg

My mom's dessert

dw213.jpg

This dessert was awesome! This was awesome!

dw214.jpg

After eating, we walked around the corner and saw these guys! Jason was like mesmerized by them so we stopped to watch. Jason's a music major (1st degree) so he loves anything musical! I keep telling him he could get a job at Disney cause he can play just about any instrument!

dw217.jpg

Afterward, Jason talked to one of the guys and he gave him a "Junior Jammers" sticker...lol

dw215.jpg

We rode Figment too cause I wanted to find the hidden Mickey I had seen last time right after we had passed this part....

dw216.jpg

My mom thought she was so funny doing the music thing after you get off of the ride...lol

Coming up: Exploring World Showcase!

We didn't have a good time at the WCC either. It must have been a bad week for them. Our waitress was very rude and even complained that my daughter had taken one of the coffee cups since "She WAS going to put my coffee in it, but now she couldn't." Even though I didn't want coffee, she rolled her eyes at us. It was awful! We tried talking to a manager but they were "in a meeting".

Another fantastic update!! Great pics at Coral Reef..the sea turtle did the same thing when we were there, it was so peaceful to watch.

Another great update Karen. :thumbsup2 Happy New Year!!! It sounds like the day ended well and an awesome start to the next day. When I was down in Dec., that was my first time in The Seas, I rode the Nemo ride, that was cool and was kind of looking around, I had spent a lot of time in line for Soarin and it was getting late after the Nemo ride so I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked. It looks neat in there and Coral Reef looks fun and the food looks amazing. Keep up the great work, as always I enjoy your trip reports so very much, they are a huge bright spot in my days. Can't wait to read and see all about your trip around WS. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter