A Not So Scary 5th Birthday PTR; October 2013 UPDATE 6/5/13 DD25's Wedding: Part 5

Hope you had as much success with the dress fitting.

Oh yes, the dress. Right now, let's just say I semi-wish I didn't lose those 20 pounds.

I lost at least one dress size, and maybe two. I don't have to get anything taken in at the waist. But I have to have some taken in at the breast. Plus, I have to have it hemmed up several inches.

The alterations alone are over $100. However, they assured me the alterations will be done by Tuesday. I'll pick up the dress then.

Oh yes, the dress. Right now, let's just say I semi-wish I didn't lose those 20 pounds.

I lost at least one dress size, and maybe two. I don't have to get anything taken in at the waist. But I have to have some taken in at the breast. Plus, I have to have it hemmed up several inches.

The alterations alone are over $100. However, they assured me the alterations will be done by Tuesday. I'll pick up the dress then.

Congrats on the weight loss! Pity about the cost of the alterations....but you have a dress for the wedding. :banana:

Finally hopped over from the FB group! So nice to get to know you and your family more! Wow, you are a BUSY woman!!! That is some kind of stress over this dress. With the craziness, I would have requested a discount on the alterations (congrats on the weightloss, though!).

I am enjoying reading along. Loved seeing the pics of your DD24's wedding and looking forward to your DD25's as well!

I am also staying at WBC (for the first few days of our trip) and cannot wait to see it!

Yea!!! New readers. Thanks for dropping in.

Really, I'm under no more stress than usual. Although I am looking forward to this time next week.

Did have a Disney oops moment over the weekend.

Last October, I bought "Cinderella" for DGD's birthday. I know she opened it, but she left it here. I've been meaning to give it back to her.

Saturday, DD24 (AKA DGD's Mom) came over with a bunch of DVDs she bought at a bargain. Including "Cinderella."

Oh well...one more Disney video for us. :rolleyes1

Coincidentally - I saw Cinderella on the Disney Channel over the weekend. They followed it up with C2 and C3. I didn't catch C2; but I definitely caught C3. :thumbsup2

The dress saga continues. :confused3

Went in for my fitting early this evening.

And the dress is now too tight. :sad:

I probably could have worn it, but it would have hurt all night. Seemstress said she'll take it out, and she'll have it ready for me late Thursday afternoon. I have an appointment at 6.

Problem is...I'm having my hair done Thursday at 2:30. I'm getting a shampoo, dye and highlights. The trifecta. That wouldn't take more than three hours, would it? In good traffic, I could probably get from the salon to the dress shop in about 25 minutes. However, I'm going during rush hour.

The dress saga continues. :confused3

Went in for my fitting early this evening.

And the dress is now too tight. :sad:

I probably could have worn it, but it would have hurt all night. Seemstress said she'll take it out, and she'll have it ready for me late Thursday afternoon. I have an appointment at 6.

Problem is...I'm having my hair done Thursday at 2:30. I'm getting a shampoo, dye and highlights. The trifecta. That wouldn't take more than three hours, would it? In good traffic, I could probably get from the salon to the dress shop in about 25 minutes. However, I'm going during rush hour.

Can someone else pick up the dress for you?

But you should have shampoo, dye and highlights done. Hopefully, you won't hit peak hour traffic.

Good news. My dress fits.

And my hair looks beautiful.

Everything is falling into place. No more dress saga. Right?

Wrong.

And it's the bride's dress.

About an hour ago, I was crusing the DIS, about ready to update this PTR/wedding report, when I got a phone call from DD25 in Nashville.

I know her dress came in months ago, and I thought she had alterations taken care of in Louisiana before she left. However, she sobbed over the phone that the dress is too big.

They're going to do alterations on it tonight. But she's going to a big afternoon party with her future in-laws, and she doesn't have time to pick up the dress.

Guess who has to be at the seamstress no later than 5 PM Central time to pick up the dress.

Yes, you got it.

I'm sure the dress will fit. DD says there's a corset in it so she could tighten or loosen the dress. They're bringing in the dress four inches (all the way tightened it was way too loose).

However, it's just searching for this seamstress in a city that I don't like driving in, and that I've only been in for an extended period of time twice in my life (and the first time was taking DD25 to the Country Music Hall of Fame. At the time, she just started walking...she just turned one).

I think everyone will be happy when this wedding is over.

Probably won't post again until Monday night when I get back. Hoping for a lot of good pictures. :)

Wish us luck this weekend. My baby is getting married.

Good news. My dress fits.

And my hair looks beautiful.

Everything is falling into place. No more dress saga. Right?

Wrong.

And it's the bride's dress.

About an hour ago, I was crusing the DIS, about ready to update this PTR/wedding report, when I got a phone call from DD25 in Nashville.

I know her dress came in months ago, and I thought she had alterations taken care of in Louisiana before she left. However, she sobbed over the phone that the dress is too big.

They're going to do alterations on it tonight. But she's going to a big afternoon party with her future in-laws, and she doesn't have time to pick up the dress.

Guess who has to be at the seamstress no later than 5 PM Central time to pick up the dress.

Yes, you got it.

I'm sure the dress will fit. DD says there's a corset in it so she could tighten or loosen the dress. They're bringing in the dress four inches (all the way tightened it was way too loose).

However, it's just searching for this seamstress in a city that I don't like driving in, and that I've only been in for an extended period of time twice in my life (and the first time was taking DD25 to the Country Music Hall of Fame. At the time, she just started walking...she just turned one).

I think everyone will be happy when this wedding is over.

Probably won't post again until Monday night when I get back. Hoping for a lot of good pictures. :)

Wish us luck this weekend. My baby is getting married.

Looking forward to the pictures. Good luck and I wish you a sunny day.

I'm sure both dresses will be wonderful!

I hope everything is resolved with your dd's dress... Sorry I have not been around much. Looking forward to seeing many pictures.

However, I did want to stop by to wish you a Happy Mother's Day! :)

D~

I hope everything is resolved with your dd's dress... Sorry I have not been around much. Looking forward to seeing many pictures.

However, I did want to stop by to wish you a Happy Mother's Day! :)

D~

Thanks. Everything is going smoothly thus far. Can't believe my baby is getting married today.

Well finally got back from my wedding trip on Monday Night. Sorry, I didn't get a chance to update until now. Been busy unpacking and getting things organized again.

The wedding itself was beautiful. However, there were a number of bumps in the road, before and after the ceremony. Which included: a lost dress (mine; already resolved), a dress that's way too big (the bride), a missing camera charger, a missing limo driver, etc. Oh, and getting lost in Nashville numerous times. I'm over in the transportation forum a lot. And i always complain that i like driving in Atlanta more than I like driving in Nashville. After this report is over, you'll probably know why.

Anyway...to start:

DD24 (T) and her husband (B) left very late Friday night. They were to go to the annual steeplechase with DD25 (M), her fiance (K) and K's parents.

DH and I took DGD down. We left Northern Kentucky about 9 AM for the five hour trip down, loaded down with bridal shower gifts from M's shower five months earlier. It was fairly tight, but we managed. At least DGD was an angel. That's what a WiDrive full of cartoons will do for you.

Usually, when we go to Nashville, we'll eat at the Loveless Cafe just west of Nashville. But that was out of our way. Someone told us about the Pancake Pantry. They also served lunch there. So, armed with GPS, we sought out eh Pancake Pantry.

And missed it.

We went up and down a few side streets to get back to our original destination. We made it...only to see the line stretched out the door at least a half a block.

So much for the Pancake Pantry.

After trying a few other places, that were too crowded (guess Nashville likes to go out to lunch for the weekend), we ended up at Crackel Barrel. Food was decent...for a Cracker Barrel.

We got to our hotel, the Courtyard at the Marriott about 2:00 Nashville time. We would have gotten there about five minutes sooner; however we ended up at the regular Marriott first. Oh well.

Our rooms weren't ready, so DGD and DH jumped into their swimming suits and went swimming in the indoor pool.

While I was looking in the goody bag that my daughter assembled for all the guests.

There's a story behind each item. Moon Pies are made in Chattanooga where K is from. Menthos are packaged in Erlanger, KY where M (and I) are from. Zappos Potato Chips are made in Louisiana were they met and settled. Goo Goo Clusters are from Nashville where they are getting married. And the water...well everyone gets thirsty.

Hopefully, y'all remembered that I had to get M's dress from the seamstress. By this time, it was about 3:00, Nashville time. I called the seamstress to check on the status...won't be ready until 5. And the place is supposed to close at 5.

Will M's dress be ready? Will I make it to the seamstress on time? Will I get lost in a city where I don't like to drive in?

Stay tuned. :joker:

PS: How to I change the title of my thread? I want to change it to incorporate the wedding.

Oooh! A mini TR has started. Looking forward to seeing all the pictures.

To edit the title of your thread, go to your first post.
Hit the Edit button at the bottom of that post.
When the box comes up, there will be another set of buttons down the right hand side. The one in the middle says Go Advanced. Hit this button.
When the updated box comes up, you should be able to edit your title in the appropriate field.

Hope this helps.

Oooh! A mini TR has started. Looking forward to seeing all the pictures.

It was an interesting, but fun weekend. Can't believe I have two married daughters. Now, I am getting old.

To edit the title of your thread, go to your first post.
Hit the Edit button at the bottom of that post.
When the box comes up, there will be another set of buttons down the right hand side. The one in the middle says Go Advanced. Hit this button.
When the updated box comes up, you should be able to edit your title in the appropriate field.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Trying this now.

Seems like it worked! :thumbsup2

Yes it did. Better get a move on this TR....else I'll be writing a TR within a PTR while on another trip.

Did I say I'll be away a lot this summer?

Anyway...on to Part 2.

I left the hotel around 4:00. That would allow me an hour to get to the seamstress. I set DH's GPS (still didn't know exactly how to use it), and went on my way.

I knew my way to the Interstate and got on.

And the map didn't budge from the screen.

Oh, the voice part worked '"Hard right onto I-65." But even her voice was very soft.

Oh well, I knew I'd be on I-65 for a while. So I cranked up DH's Sirius XM Radio. Peter Noone (remember Herman's Hermits) hosts a late Saturday afternoon show on the 60s on 6 station. So I was grooving to Peter and the British Invasion for a while. After about ten minutes, I turned it down to listen to the GPS's instructions.

Recalculating.

<Insert word that would get me banned here.> Now what?

The GPS took me to the next exit, I-40. Going west. Out of town. After going about five miles on I-40, I got off at the next exit. I was tired, lost and wanted a Diet Coke.

There was a Wendy's at the exit. I got in line. And the car in front of me didn't budge for at least five minutes.

I gave up, reset the GPS. Now it's working. Got back on the interstate and it took me to the next exit. Five minutes later, I was at the seamstress.

4:30. I still had time. The seamstress was in a strip mall next to a Subway. By that time, I also had to go to the bathroom. I went to the bathroom, washed up, then ordered a Diet Coke to go.

Went next door. Dress wasn't ready. I sat and waited. 5:00 rolled around, not ready. Finally, about 5:15, the dress was ready.

From what i saw, she did a real good job. She suggested leaving the in the bag and hanging it up. (That meant lugging the dress across the hotel parking lot to the room. Oh well.) She also complimented on the veil...how nice it looked. I can't believe the veil looked so good after nearly 30 years. Yes, it was my wedding veil.

Left about 5:20. I stopped at a CVS Pharmacy to pick up a birthday card for K. His birthday was Friday. Got the card, tried driving out of the parking lot, and learned that the left turn I needed to make was an impossible turn. Oh well, I knew that I-40 ran parallel to the street I was on. Certainly, if I turned right, there would be signs leading me to I-40, right?

Next thing I knew, I was in downtown Nashville.

With me having to be at a get-together by 7.

To be continued....

You had a GPS ..... and it looks like you got lost.....twice???

Note to self....use a map!

Glad the dress got fixed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter