A not so pleasant Easter again !

Sometimes I read the CB just to see how wierd life can get.

First we have the original poster whose Easter was not happy because Mickey was not dressed up in his Easter best.

Then we have the lectures on pagan rituals around Easter.

All in all pretty funny! I can't wait to see what comes next.

Safari Steve, thank you for the rendition of what did happen.

I don't think that religion per se is near as big a deal with Disney as DOLLARS. For example, Candlelight Processional packages routinely sell out. MVMCP routinely sells out. The Halloween Party had good attendance. These have stayed while the Easter Parade has disappeared. The Easter Parade was NOT bringing in the hordes of crowds. As a stockholder I am all for Disney making money.

You know the glass is either half full or half empty. The original poster had two choices on Sunday. He could see the glass as half full, because he got an unexpected Disney treat in the mini-parade or he could see the glass as half empty because several years ago he had a big parade and he did not get that. It is all perception.

And just because inquiring minds want to know?

RIDGE, how many boards did you start this EXACT same thread on. I count three. When I see that my first thought is that someone is only trying to stir up trouble.

There's a Mrs. Easter Bunny?

Who knew????

Actually as a child I always used to think the Easter Bunny had to be a girl because she laid eggs.

Originally posted by Safari Steve
I just want to offer some information on what did and did not happen this year:

Steve, thanks for the information - as usual you set the poor huddled masses straight.

Thanks!

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
- Mark Twain in Eruption

I find this thread very interesting as a Christian who has perhaps strayed a little and may not be practicing as often as I should ;) .

Nevertheless I think that we as human beings traveling on this planet get too tied up in meanings and explanations. If a company like Disney decides (for whatever reason, being bottem-line, religious beliefs or whatever) to have parades in their theme parks, who are we as consumers to argue. Just like a TV that you can change the channel on, you have the right to not attend during these periods if this is not your cup of tea.

I think the solution is to be open minded and to not persecute others (or ourselves) for their beliefs. The world is a great big wonderful place with vast and varied cultures, religions and things to behold. If we close our eyes and minds than how are we expected to really know those around us.

Sure maybe Disney doesn't have a Passover parade or a major event encompassing other religion's traditions, but if they did would that be so bad. We must open our minds and our hearts because if we don't than we will never know our fellow travellers.

I am a devout watcher of M.A.S.H. and there was an episode that speaks directly to this type of incident.

The doctors need to treat an elderly Korean man but he will not allow them to treat him unless he has a spiritual healer rid the O.R of evil spirits. Burns and Houlahan get their panties in a bunch and consider this paganism and tell Col. Potter he should apologize for allowing this to happen. Potter tells them that the only one he should apologize to is Father MulCahey, basically because of the "pagen" ritual. To which Mulcahey states that the wonders of the world and different beliefs are many and that he wouldn't miss this ceremony for the world. It is those with closed minds that will not see...

In other words let people celebrate as they wish and even if you choose not to participate you can certainly learn by observing.

In conlusion do I personally think that our Relgious Holidays have become commercialized, Of Course, does that mean that I don't think we should still celebrate them whether tradionally or commercialized, Absolutely Not! and I would hope that persons of different cultures and religions would learn from each others traditions and celebrations.

(Picking up my Soap box and walking away from the street corner)

But then again we all have the freedom to decide on our own...at least most of us have that freedom...

Have a Disney Day!

Hmm...what a can of worms whenever its religion. BUT, i just wanted to say...

Yes, Easter is a Christian holiday, I am Catholic, so i celebrate it. However, what does "The Easter Bunny" have to do with it? Or eggs? Or tons of candy? Easter has become another commercial holiday in America and i do not frown upon Disney for "fixing" their parade. Do we want to see a Christ picture being paraded down Mainstreet? That is what it SHOULD be, if Easter is a Christian holiday, with Disney's attendance mostly being a Christinan population (as mentioned in the first post). Right?
We don't want to see that at Disney. We want the bunny, and the candy, and the egg hunts. No doubt, fun for children and grown-ups, but...what is Easter about then?

No big suprise that Disney would still SELL "Easter" products because those are more optional...duh, they make you more money too! I swear, Walt has to be rolling in his grave right now with all the the price gauging (i could say that) that happens with hotels, food, retail... Why is it always money??

Sorry if i sounded a little ramblish, or you-post-does-not-make-sensish...but my minds always turning when it comes to these sort of opinionated issues.:eek:

The passion coming out of this thread demonstrates something clearly to me. Disney was described to me many years ago as the world's largest shopping mall. A good one at that.

Yes, Easter is over. The pin traders got their fix and all evidence of the holiday has disappeared. Let's see. What holiday is next that can bring in some new consumers ?

My guess is that it has less to do with Easter and a subversive anti-Chrisitian movement as it does with money. People will be at WDW during the Easter week because a lot of people's kids are off from school and it's a good week to go. Disney doesn't need to spend money on a big elaborate Easter celebration...they will have the audience there and have no need for a "draw".

Dancing bunny rabbits etc have no connection to the Christian Easter celebration,IMHO. Spring, yes. Is it nice to see a cute little parade with a springtime theme, with some bunnies, chicks, and fluffy little lambs prancing around...sure. But a lack of the same doesn't say to me "anti-Christian".

As far as Christmas, as a previous poster said, the Candlelight Processional will continue for as long as it makes them money. If the day comes when the CP starts to lose money, or people DON'T go to WDW because of the CP, it will go.

The fact remains that Disney is not a federal or state run, funded, or anything else company, so they can do whatever they want. If they want to do a religious themed celebration, they can. If they don't wat to, they don' have to. If they want to do a spring parade with "dancing Mickey matzos(a very good visual,BTW!;) ) or a winter parade with dancing Mickey dredels, they can. Quite frankly, I would enjoy it all because I would be a WDW!!!!

Guess we were imagining what we saw on Easter Sunday.Ladies in colorfull gowns by the dozen, gents in and the fanciset poodles.Peter rabbit and mrs.Rabbit had to be part of our imagination.............

My guess is that it has less to do with Easter and a subversive anti-Chrisitian movement as it does with money. People will be at WDW during the Easter week because a lot of people's kids are off from school and it's a good week to go. Disney doesn't need to spend money on a big elaborate Easter celebration...they will have the audience there and have no need for a "draw".

Dancing bunny rabbits etc have no connection to the Christian Easter celebration,IMHO. Spring, yes. Is it nice to see a cute little parade with a springtime theme, with some bunnies, chicks, and fluffy little lambs prancing around...sure. But a lack of the same doesn't say to me "anti-Christian".
[COLOR]

You may be right in that it has ALOT to do with Money...that and the fact there are too many uneducated pople that would be offended by the easter parade.

To give everyone some education about Easter...There is too much to post so please refer to this webpagehttp://www.lasttrumpetministries.org/tracts/tract1.html(This is a ministrie site, which I simply googled--I do not agree with some of the stuff they say at the end of the actual historical aspects..like easter being a pagan devil tradition--simply was a site that had some of the correct info all in one place) for a full understanding or Google pagan influence in easter..

A few highlites...
-The first thing we must understand is that professing Christians were not the only ones who celebrated a festival called "Easter."

-Semiramis became known as "Ishtar" which is pronounced "Easter", and her moon egg became known as "Ishtar's" egg."

Ishtar soon became pregnant and claimed that it was the rays of the sun-god Baal that caused her to conceive.

The son that she brought forth was named Tammuz.

Tammuz was noted to be especially fond of rabbits, and they became sacred in the ancient religion, because Tammuz was believed to be the son of the sun-god, Baal. Tammuz, like his supposed father, became a hunter.

-Every year, on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox, a celebration was made.

It was Ishtar's Sunday and was celebrated with rabbits and eggs.

-By now, the readers of this tract should have made the connection that paganism has infiltrated the contemporary "Christian" churches, and further study indicates that this paganism came in by way of the Roman Catholic System.

The truth is that Easter has nothing whatsoever to do with the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We also know that Easter can be as much as three weeks away from the Passover, because the pagan holiday is always set as the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox.

Some have wondered why the word "Easter" is in the the King James Bible.

It is because Acts, chapter 12, tells us that it was the evil King Herod, who was planning to celebrate Easter, and not the Christians.

The true Passover and pagan Easter sometimes coincide, but in some years, they are a great distance apart.

So much more could be said, and we have much more information for you, if you are a seeker of the truth.

We know that the Bible tells us in John 4:24, "God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

The truth is that the forty days of Lent, eggs, rabbits,hot cross buns and the Easter ham have everything to do with the ancient pagan religion of Mystery Babylon.

So the question becomes do you still think they are removing because they are "anit-christian" as some of you seem to think?

I think this is the oldest thread I have ever seen bumped. How on Earth did anyone find it???

My thought at reading the OP was, "Oh, did Bill O'Reilly start rallying the masses again?"

I think this is the oldest thread I have ever seen bumped. How on Earth did anyone find it???

original OP bumped his own post from 4 years ago.

I can't quite decipher if he is unhappy about Easter 2007 or just planning ahead for Easter 2008.

original OP bumped his own post from 4 years ago.

I can't quite decipher if he is unhappy about Easter 2007 or just planning ahead for Easter 2008.

I can't remember my posts from this morning... let alone 2003. Guess I better take some Gingko Biloba!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter