• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A newbie decision...

MouseFan Down Under

Mouseketeer
I am booked for my "welcome home" visit this August / September. Home is Bay Lake. My first two nights are at BWV, I then managed to get 6 nights at BLT, then an additional 4 nights at BLT after some stalking. I do have BCV waitlisted, but I just noticed that I could get these last 4 nights at a Resort Room at VGF.

Would you keep BLT and link it all up so there is less movement required (and better dining options available because of the 60 +10)? Or would you do a 3 way split stay and move over to the Grand?

I'm coming from Australia - so there will be a bit of luggage and the move to the Grand would happen over the Labour Day weekend - when I plan to be doing more shopping than being in the parks and at the resort.

Not sure if I should save VGF for another time when I would be there more to enjoy... but it is only 2 points more than BLT.

I am travelling solo, so only me to worry about.

Aprreciate your thoughts!

It really depends on what you'd like to see. VGF would certainly be a different experience from BLT and might be worth a slight inconvenience of not having a room for several hours on that move day. On the other hand, it's another monorail resort and doesn't really offer much of a location change. We'd probably stay put, take full advantage of 60+10 for whatever dining we wanted (especially if you're not planning on the parks much over that weekend), and enjoy BLT - on the other hand, if your BCV waitlist were to come through, I would jump at that. The good news is you don't have a bad choice, only several good ones! Enjoy!

Personally, we try to keep moves to a minimum and only when it's a must because it's the only way we can get a week's worth of nights (or whatever your length of stay is). We own at both BLT and VGF, and love the Grand the most. However, we are in a similar situation in August and unless a full waitlist comes through for the Grand, we will not move for the final two nights that we could get there right now. The intra-day moves are a huge burden for us as it's never just a few hours when we do it, but rather a big negative impact on our day. But some people don't mind moving, so to each their own. But we would not do it in this case as they're both very close to one another and easy to visit back and forth -- plus both are walkable to MK.

Being there so long, I would opt to try VGF. I love split stays...do them even on a 3 night trip...but the one time we were there for a 14 day trip (with a cruise as part of it), we did change resorts a few times and honestly, it really helped make the trip feel like it was new!!

Luggage transfers are easy and being at VGF gives you a chance to have easy access to the Poly as well!!

I think it comes down to personal preference. Personally I would change because I think a new experience would be fun on a trip that long, would give you new and different coffee and quick service options etc but I get bored. While the dining advantage is nice, as a solo traveler you'll be making small party reservations which IMO aren't as difficult to get.

I would have Disney move my luggage. While it is a bit of a hassle packing and unpacking at least I wouldn't have to move everything myself. I would have an extra duffle or something to throw things in to move before I did a full fit everything in repack for the plane back.

For that long a trip, I would definitely try a few resorts. We own at both BLT and VGF and the vibe is different between the two. I would still keep BWV because I love that area. But for a longish trip and it's just you? would be nice to do one more move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter