A new rumor!

Hopefully no DVC loop!!!!! If so DVC members would HAVE to use that loop if they are using points. They won't be allowed to get 'regular' sites on points. I ran into this concerning Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary. Couldn't book a regular hotel room on points, had to book a studio or larger DVC unit. I want the flexibility of staying in the 1600 or 1700 loops.

Hopefully no DVC loop!!!!! If so DVC members would HAVE to use that loop if they are using points. They won't be allowed to get 'regular' sites on points. I ran into this concerning Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary. Couldn't book a regular hotel room on points, had to book a studio or larger DVC unit. I want the flexibility of staying in the 1600 or 1700 loops.

Good point! I never thought about that, I wouldn't be able to camp on the 800 loop anymore! :(

I would like a DVC area for two reasons...hopefully it would be easier to book a campsite on points (I know some people never have trouble, but I'm not one of them) and the reservation wouldn't be considered a "trade" with all the stupid rules that go along with that.

When Golden Oaks opens, I will be organizing pool raiding missions. More later.

If anything of significance is going on back there, Disney is going all out to keep it a secret. I haven't been able to find anything on the CM only portal. In the past I have been able to find pre-announcement info on new projects, but nothing about any new projects in that area, at least not yet.

Do you think they could just be running something over to the golf course? That is kind of a line towards the 14th hole.

I'm not sure if this is significant or not, but yesterday on our way to the Magic Kingdom my husband noticed that there are some markers in the lake in front of RC. There are about 3 or 4 stakes in the lake with bright orange ribbon (or something like that) tied around them. When we noticed it he started fumbling for the camera and got one shot. If you were on the boat going to MK, looking to your left at RC, there was one marker directly in front or RC maybe 8 or 10 feet out. There were other markers further out to the left and right of that marker so that it kind of made a triangle. Anyway, just though it was interesting.

You'd be surprised how many folks in their campers DO NOT bring their own food.

Yes, at other campgrounds where the purpose of the trip is to enjoy the amenities of the campground and hang around the camper more, it is more common to bring your food and cook.

However, at Disney, it is probably just as common for folks to eat out a lot more than other camping trips.

I have read about LOTS of folks here that get the dining plan. I have also read where lots of folks say, yes they are bringing the camper BUT, this is vacation and they are NOT cooking!!

We also tend to only cook 1 or 2 meals at the campground and eat out most of our meals.

That is pretty much my wife's sentiment, we are on 'vacation'. If we are only there for a week at a time, we eat out, rather than spend time cooking & cleaning up. If we are there for more than a week, then we feel we have more leisure time and don't mind cooking, but we still will eat some dinners at our favorite restaurants, or try a new one.

We also keep soups, snacks, sandwich stuff for those in between meal munchies, and some quick breakfast stuff.

I think a food court would be a gold mine at the Fort. There's all those kids running around with their parent's money.

1) Certainly it might be DVC.
2) But, I didn't think the area was big enough for a DVC property.
3) However, I have been fooled before.

Don't know much about all the area's around the fort but I was just there last week and they had workers around the boat launch and all those area's around the lake every morning. Something is going on around there. I'll have to check to see if I took any pictures.

Well I just looked through Environmental and Water Management permits all the way back to the late 90's and I couldn't find anything related to this. If they are constructing anything substantial they would need an ERP permit for it and I couldn't find one… Now they could have included this as part of another permit under a separate name but who knows. Disney is pretty famous about keeping their secrets or use code names but I tried a few different tricks that usually work while searching for it and I still came up empty handed.

There was one permit that mentioned relocating the Fort Wilderness Stable but it was from 1992 and didn't have any available information, I really doubt it has anything to do with the current rumor. I’ll keep checking…

Has anyone seen any construction permits from Orange County? It seems like they would at least need a permit to run the conduits and power line that TCD saw?

Has anyone seen any construction permits from Orange County? It seems like they would at least need a permit to run the conduits and power line that TCD saw?

There is a website: www.mouseplanet.com that posts a summary of "interesting" construction permits from Orange County on a weekly basis. If any of them show up relating to Fort Wilderness I try and post them over here, but nothing yet. By the time the permits get posted on the Orange County website, and then posted to Mouseplanet, it may be several weeks old. It has been kindof history that when work starts on something at the Fort, the summary of the construction permit shows up on Mouseplanet a couple of weeks later.

Didn't someone recently have access to construction plan records? Anything showing these areas?

Are you referring to the Golden Oaks construction plans?? They do have a proprosed construction outline and shows it location relative to the Fort. I am trying to find it now. It is VERY close to the Fort but on the other side compaired to our discussion about the BBQ.

Maybe that rope trick guy just needs a bigger area??? :rotfl2:

Just to throw some gas on this.. but the current DVC at the lodge would fit in the area being talked about. And there is a lot of room behind the 100, 200 and 300 loops and the lake.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/baylake/4923763349/

...I wonder how they are going to get folks back here. It is a bit of a hike from the marina to here. And, it is even more of a hike, in fact, it is a considerable distance from the Settlement Bus Stop to here. The 300 loop bus stop is closer by far. Are Backyard BBQ guests going to be directed to the 300 loop bus stop? The 300 loop comfort station? Not good if you are camping on the 300 loop. TCD

Wouldn't they create a golf cart path and parking lot like Pioneer Hall? They could let folks drive in along the service road by the Settlement Trading Post. Maybe they will turn the little cabin on the other side of the canal into primitive bathrooms? Either that or let you really rough it and use the nature trail itself. A sprinkle a day... :thumbsup2

When we were speaking to Don, the maintenance guy who stopped by the cabin, I was under the impression that the BBQ was being moved somewhere toward the Outpost area. I wasn't paying that close attention so I may have misheard.

I heard that where the BBQ is and tcd petting zoo and going to wilderness lodge are going to be dvc waterfront suites like bay lake tower

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter