A New Low in Adult Behavior at a Disney Resort

DISGUSTING!!! So glad it didn't get physical~ As a nurse, I consider putting a 4 yr old in a hot tub abuse! :sad2: Their little bodies can't take that heat! :scared1: Oh I could go on and on....there were so many things wrong with that situation!

Anyway, John and Kevin have a wonderful vacation and I can't wait to hear all about it on an upcoming podcast! :upsidedow

You meet the most, uh, interesting people when you go places, Kevin...

At least since they seemed intent on cooking their son, "Dad's" genes probably won't be passed on any further. :rolleyes:

Hope the rest of the trip is going well!

As disgusting as all this was, expecting Disney to enforce any rules or do anything about it is probably wishful thinking---

My dad (ever the optimist) likes to point out the positives in these situations, such as:

At least you don't live next door to this person
At least you aren't related to this person
At least you are not seated next to this person on the plane ride home (wait, are you home yet?! Yikes.)

Be well and thanks for all you do. Travel safely.

Wow...as I read your post I literally found myself sitting with my mouth hanging open just thinking "wow". I'm sorry for the little boy involved and very sorry you got dragged into their stupidity. Hopefully you won't run into that family again while you're there.

Enjoy the rest of your time in paradise!

~Lori

Here's what they Mayo Clinic says about children and Jacuzzis

Children can quickly become overheated in a hot tub or spa. If you allow your child to use a hot tub or spa, keep the visit brief — and don't allow your child to put his or her head underwater. This can increase the risk of ear infections. Far worse, long hair can get caught in an uncovered hot tub grate and cause drowning. Remember, too, that children in diapers shouldn't use a hot tub or spa.

Anyways, sorry you ran into a lunkhead.

Classic! I'm only about 5'1" and I would have jumped in and said something too.... And then probably said something to the lifeguard. If nothing else, there has to be rules about nakedness in the hot tub.

Such lovely people....not. Imagine having to live/work with him on a daily basis!

Should have mentioned that he was boiling off the grandchildren.....

My kids have NEVER been allowed in any hot tub. Hot tubs are for ADULTS. I wish Disney would enforce this...it's a safety issue.

I bet the little guy might have soiled himself. Lazy parents wanting to dip the kid to clean him off, rather than making the long trek to their hotel room.

Disgusting.

Your confrontation showcases another of my pet peeves. Taking cheap, childish shots during an agrument. Of course the parents had no excuse, therefore they they act like 6 year olds on a school playground.

Bravo to you, Kevin, for saying something.

My dad (ever the optimist) likes to point out the positives in these situations, such as:

At least you don't live next door to this person
At least you aren't related to this person
At least you are not seated next to this person on the plane ride home (wait, are you home yet?! Yikes.)

Be well and thanks for all you do. Travel safely.

Just pressed my imaginary "like" button. :thumbsup2

It cracks me up when people get offended and defensive when they're doing the wrong thing and people call them out on it. And then proceed to stoop to such lows as name calling because they know they're in the wrong...or too stupid just keep their mouths shut....

GOOD FOR YOU, KEVIN! :banana:

I'm just surprised he didn't yell at his 4 year old about how much the vacation was costing.

Poor, little boy. And why, why, why would they want him to get into the hot tub when he obviously didn't want to and especially without any clothes on??? Too many people lack common sense and courtesy in today's world. My heart goes out to that poor child!!!

I'm glad the situation didn't escalate to blows but I do hope you still reported the incident.

My mom taught us "Money can't buy you class," as she raised us as a single parent for much of my childhood.

But what is really sad is the future for that child. If this is how a parent is willing to act and treat a child in public, God knows what happens in private.:sad2: I pray for that child.

Kevin, sorry you had to have this experience.
I hope the Aloha spirit of Hawai'i helped you both overcome the negativity of the incident and left you still loving the islands.

Good gravy, Kevin!!! That is just *SO* wrong on so many levels (the idiots, not you!). The only surprise is that you managed to hold off that long before giving them what-for. Just frickin' amazing. They'll let anyone procreate, apparently!

At least since they seemed intent on cooking their son, "Dad's" genes probably won't be passed on any further. :rolleyes:
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Sayhello

So sorry to hear about this, and how you were treated,
Did you report this?
Can we push this matter higher?
Something NEEDS to be done with all these "hot tub" matter,
Hell we have a height restriction, why not age restriction on things, just as “Hot tubes”

looking forward to hearing your adventure on the next PODCAST!

Best to you, John, Pete & Walter!

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

I'm sorry you were verbally abused by this creep - and I feel so sorry for the little boy.

Frankly, I find it odd that parents would be forcing their naked male child into a hot tub with 2 adult males! Sort of inappropriate, wouldn't you say?

That man sounds like an abusive bully and I hope he didn't ruin your whole evening :sad2:

Two thumbs up for commenting on how obvious it was that the child didn't want to go in (maybe later they thought about it) and for standing up to his nasty comments. How typical that with all the ugly words coming out of his mouth, he was offended by your remarks. What a jerk!

I'm sorry for you, that poor child, and anyone else that jerk encounters.
People who behave badly and are ignorant jerks (not to mention lousy parents) are everywhere. Expensive hotels, or anywhere else.

Good for you for standing up for yourself and that child.

I hope the rest of your trip was fabulous! (I heard that the food was lacking...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter