A New Idea for Autographs

For those of you that have coil bound them, how do you feel they held up with the binding? I know in the past when I have had things bound they seem to tear away easily. I just got ours out of the mailbox today!!!:cool1: I love the idea of adding new pages and will be using some found on here and cant wait to hopefully see more!:goodvibes TIA for any answers. :hug:

Mine has held up great so far, even after 8 days of being drug around Disney! I would recommend buying some of the 2 gallon sized ziplocs and keeping it in there. The gallon sized are a stretch for a fit. We kept the Sharpie markers right in the bag and so we just pulled it out when it was time to use it.
You are going to have so much fun with it! I cant rave enough about this book! We had done the little books with plain pages before and there is just no comparison between these books! It was way beyond my expectations!!

Mine has held up great so far, even after 8 days of being drug around Disney! I would recommend buying some of the 2 gallon sized ziplocs and keeping it in there. The gallon sized are a stretch for a fit. We kept the Sharpie markers right in the bag and so we just pulled it out when it was time to use it.
You are going to have so much fun with it! I cant rave enough about this book! We had done the little books with plain pages before and there is just no comparison between these books! It was way beyond my expectations!!

So have ours! We used ours back in dec 2010 and to this day the only page that has come out was mickey mouse in our then 2 year olds book. (go figure!) We were very happy we did this! Now they just need to come out with a new edition! ;)

Thank you so much! I was very pleased when I received it! And thank you for the info on the bags. I will be sure to do that. :thumbsup2

I called Office Depot and Kinkos for a price to get mine coil bound. Office Depot is cheaper, but they said that since they can only punch the holes in 19 pages at a time all the pages might not line up. Has anyone had this problem?? Also, has anyone made any more pages? I have no idea how to do it, or I would be happy to! I would like to get one of Phineas and Ferb with Perry on it. Thanks!

So I just asked my husband to feel the paper in the book and then feel regular printer paper and all the photo paper I have to help me match which one matches the pages in the book best. He basically told me I was crazy. :sad2: He just doesnt understand! So for those of you that added pages, what kind of paper did you use? Regular paper seems too thin but photo paper is thicker than the pages in the book. I guess in the end it really doesnt matter but the OCD part of me really wants it to match! :rotfl:

So I just asked my husband to feel the paper in the book and then feel regular printer paper and all the photo paper I have to help me match which one matches the pages in the book best. He basically told me I was crazy. :sad2: He just doesnt understand! So for those of you that added pages, what kind of paper did you use? Regular paper seems too thin but photo paper is thicker than the pages in the book. I guess in the end it really doesnt matter but the OCD part of me really wants it to match! :rotfl:

I had mine done at FedEx(formerly Kinkos) and they had no problem doing the whole book at once. They did say it could ruin it but I knew other people had gone there so I had faith! I added extra pages. I found some people on the boards here that create pages and then I put them on a flashdrive and had FedEx print the pages and add them. They were able top match the quality of the paper pretty good! If you look back in these threads, I think I posted who it was that made the extra pages for me.

I don't know if this has been suggested, but how about postcards for autographs ? Buy a bunch of postcards with say, the castle or a big group of characters. That way, you're not buying a book and end up with a bunch of empty pages. Maybe that might cut down on the amount of characters you stay in line for. Once the postcards are gone, you're done standing in line. Also, if you need more, they are easily bought.

I like the postcard idea wish i had thought of that when my kids were younger instead of a autograph book.I would buy a padded envolpe and put the postcards in so they don" bend and put the envelope in a backpack

Hard to believe that I started this thread over 2 years ago! So many good suggestions and awesome new character page creations along the way.

Planning another trip for April 2013 and will def be pouring through and printing some of the new pages. Our book is filling up nicely after 2 trips with it. Looking forward to another round.

Only thing is that we may be without stroller (my daughter is 4, we may try to squeeze her in it for one more trip...lol) so carrying/storage may be an issue for us for the first time.

Someone said something about adding photo pages when they had it spiral bound. What types/brand of pages did you use? Has anyone else done this? Any help would be appreciated. TIA

Has anyone else had problems saving the pages that the pp made? When I try to save them they come out short and squashed. I cant figure out how to fix this!
I called Kinkos, and they said if I bring the pics in on a flashdrive they can match the paper in the book and print them for me.

Can anyone make a few pages for the following that are not in the book?

Handy Manny
JoJo/Goliath
The four Little Einsteins
Terk (Tarzan)
Lotso (Toy Story 3)
Mary Poppins

I love this idea. I have my book and I'm anxious to get it bound before out trip next week!! Thank you SO much!!

Jennifer

Mary Poppins would be a good addition!:wave2:

Can someone please give me the title of the Disney Encyclopedia? The posted link does not take me to the actual book. Thanks for this great idea :)

I love these pages!! I tried to print them but they seem to resize and reformat. Magpomom or anyone that has these pages, could you forward them to me? Also if you could tell what you used? I would like to create some and contribute! Thank you!!

I couldnt get them to print right either. I ended up right clicking on them, selecting copy, and then pasted them into Microsoft Word. Then I was able to fix the sizes and print them.

I love this idea! I ordered the book off Amazon for our trip, and I'm going to try to get out to get it spiral bound this week. The kids have loved looking through it and pointing out all the characters they'd like to meet.

I've been working on pages for some of the characters not included, which I put onto Photobucket if you guys want to use them. They should be sized ok to fit the book, you'll just need to cut them out once they're printed since the book is a bit smaller than 8.5x11. Hope you can use them! I've got Phineas & Ferb, Jake, Rapunzel and Tiana & Naveen.

Hi! So how do I print this out and what type paper did you use? Thanks!:)

I don't know if this really goes here but I just wanted to share what I bought for autographs. I bought the book The Wit and Wisdom of Disney (sorry I don't have enough posts to link yet). My fiance and I don't have kids but I still enjoy getting autographs as I am in a wheelchair and cannot do some of the rides. I spotted this at the grocery store but it is a Hallmark book so can probably be found there as well. I thought it was a little more "grown up" and would hold up a little better than some of the standard autograph books so I just thought I would share with all of you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter