A New Adventure Calls to Us- a Disneyland Paris TR extravaganza! COMPLETED 3/15

Walt's restaurant looks really cool. The French must really like popcorn, I noticed the popcorn kernels were a garnish.

Loved the little safari theme macaroons. What did you want to get at the Lion King snack stop? I would have picked the banana bread or the waffle w/chocolate drizzle.

Was that the entrance to the park that looks like a beautiful hotel? Very elaborate!

The French must really like popcorn, I noticed the popcorn kernels were a garnish.
So one of the cool things about the menu at Walt's is they try to add a French flair to some of Walt's favorite American dishes. So the sorghum popcorn was an American touch!

What did you want to get at the Lion King snack stop? I would have picked the banana bread or the waffle w/chocolate drizzle.
Oh I was definitely going for the banana bread. It looked so amazing!!

Was that the entrance to the park that looks like a beautiful hotel? Very elaborate!
It's actually a hotel! That's the Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris. You literally have to pass underneath it to get to the park. So when you're staying there you are at the park gates. Isn't that the coolest! It was a little out of our price range for this trip but I've heard amazing reviews from people who have stayed there.

Hey guys...Kitty here, from Ron and Kitty. We are SERIOUSLY thinking of doing this as an add on to the Russia cruise (on Magic). We would go here first, spend our very tired jet lagged day, then the next day, and the following day would go back to Paris and fly to Copenhagen. This really helped. We are thinking we focus on like 10 rides we HAVE to do(Ron doesn't think he can do Hyper Space Mt :( ) and eat and shop, which we both like. And walk around thru Alice park and some of the other cool things you did. So, ideas, help and advice are being solicited. This is in early August btw. Thoughts?

Hey guys...Kitty here, from Ron and Kitty. We are SERIOUSLY thinking of doing this as an add on to the Russia cruise (on Magic). We would go here first, spend our very tired jet lagged day, then the next day, and the following day would go back to Paris and fly to Copenhagen. This really helped. We are thinking we focus on like 10 rides we HAVE to do(Ron doesn't think he can do Hyper Space Mt :( ) and eat and shop, which we both like. And walk around thru Alice park and some of the other cool things you did. So, ideas, help and advice are being solicited. This is in early August btw. Thoughts?
Hi Kitty! We loved DLP and I think it would be an awesome addition to your trip!!
Early August will still be pretty crowded with the summer crowd, but if you focus on the 10 rides like you say then it will be a great day!

Do you think you’ll try to stay onsite?

Playing catch up but here are some quotes to where i have made it so far!

Alright ladies, gentlemen, and mice. It’s now time for the part of this trip report that you actually care about- the Disney part!

YAHOOO!

Our first stop was at the Disney Express counter. I pre-booked Disney Express so that we could leave our bags at the station (to be delivered to the hotel) and pick up our park tickets and go straight into the park. It was almost a breeze. They needed our reservation number, which I didn’t have and the station wifi wasn’t strong enough to let me load my email. Thankfully they said an ID would work instead so once they saw that we were good to go!

This is pretty cool! I didnt know this was an option but how awesome is that! 1

Another thing I underestimated was just how close the train station is to the park gates. In mere minutes we were at the security lines and in just a few more minutes we passed through the gates and stepped into Parc Disneyland for the first time!

right? So close its hard to really understand till you see it!

And guys. To say this show is incredible is THE worst understatement. Within moments I knew that we were coming back to watch it again at some point. And we ended up watching it every single day. I still randomly get the theme song stuck in my head and I will watch the show on YouTube when I’m in the mood (I’m actually watching it right now as I type this).

I do feel like the shows and walkthroughs really make DLP special and different!

y this point we started to feel peckish and stopped at Toad Hall for a snack. We thought it would be a quick stop but the line was longer than we anticipated. My notes say “like seriously a loooong time.” When we got to the front we realized there was one person per cash register who had to get their own drinks, ice cream, etc. Whereas at WDW or DL there would be one person on the register then other CMs doing all the other stuff. So it was taking a while.

hahah! We felt the food here was decent as well, but same LINE was insane!

One thing that’s different about DLP is how many things there are to do that involve looking around. Lots of walkthroughs and lookouts and the like. I really appreciated it because it gives you something to do when lines for rides are really long.

Agreed! its a nice change of pace in a day sometimes!

The ride was so incredible and was the perfect way to end our first day at DLP. We walked toward the park exit and stopped at the sweet shop on Main Street for some goodies to take back to the room. We got some candy, cookies, and marshmallows. There weren’t as many things to choose from compared to the Confectionary back in the US, but we had was good. The candy was our favorite part!

AGREED! Such a fun ride!!

Just finished reading! Didn’t want it to end....
Did you really like your hotel at DLP? How far was the walk to the park? And from someone who loves shopping, how was the shopping at the galleria you mentioned and the park. You thought the Disney Village was better than the parks?

We woke up nice and early and ready for a full day at Disneyland Paris! After getting ready we went down to the Golden Forest Lounge for breakfast, which is the separate breakfast area for the cool kids staying in Golden Forest rooms. #status

FANCY! but worth it!

We loved it so much we immediately got right back in line, which had gone up to 15 minutes. But when the line splits (like it does at Disneyland), we miraculously picked the short side and we ended up only waiting another 5 minutes.

Nice!

All in all, I highly recommend Agrabah Café as a solid table service option in Disneyland Park. It’s a little on the pricier side (€35 each) but it was AYCTE so it could easily be your one big meal for the day.

When we finished lunch it was time to use our Peter Pan FPs but when we got there the FP line was super long. Right after we got in line they made an announcement that the wait time was extended but we just stuck it out. I think we ended up waiting maybe 15 minutes, which is still good for Peter Pan.

This place looks good, seems like overall you are having some good food luck so far!

Our shopping excursion took up enough time that we decided to walk back to Tomorrowland (we criss-crossed the park so much) to use our Hyperspace FP.

I feel like you must criss-cross the park at least a few times especially when your a first time visitor to said park

But lo, a few minutes later a dad in front of Selfie Stick Man put his toddler on top of his shoulders. Selfie Stick Man was visibly (and audibly) upset at this development, and asked the dad if they could put their kid down. The dad said, “Hey buster, my kid has more right to see this show than your 3 YouTube subscribers.” (At least that’s what I assume he said, it wasn’t in English).

HAHA this had me cracking up!

Stuff like this really gets to me, man. I’m all about capturing vacation memories (I mean you guys have seen how many photos I take), but I do my best to keep my camera/phone within the frame of my own body. If I do have to raise it up, I try to get my shot then bring it right back down. Plus, there are actual professional vloggers who have much better video footage available FOR FREE on YouTube.

HHAHA i am loving this commentary it bothers me too, SO much so i love when other people point out how absurd it is

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, we are looking at one of the packages....where you stayed or the Newport. Seems easier and we also like the properties (that DVC thing... :) )

This is pretty cool! I didnt know this was an option but how awesome is that!
It was so convenient! It's a paid service but I think it was like 30 euro or something so not unreasonable, especially since it took a lot of pressure off of having to get luggage handled.

Agreed! its a nice change of pace in a day sometimes!
Yes, and it gives you an opportunity to stop an appreciate just how pretty everything is!

but worth it!
So, so worth it.

I feel like you must criss-cross the park at least a few times especially when your a first time visitor to said park
Right???

HAHA this had me cracking up!
I have to laugh about it or I would just be in a rage hahaha

HHAHA i am loving this commentary it bothers me too, SO much so i love when other people point out how absurd it is
Thank you for understanding!!

Did you really like your hotel at DLP?
We did! If you're familiar with Wilderness Lodge or the Grand Californian, it has a very similar vibe. The service was excellent and the room met all our needs. The rooms could use an update, but otherwise were great.

How far was the walk to the park?
It's about a 15-20 minute walk from the park to the Sequoia.

And from someone who loves shopping, how was the shopping at the galleria you mentioned and the park. You thought the Disney Village was better than the parks?
The main emporium-type shop in Parc Disneyland was very similar to the ones in the US parks. Lots of general parks merchandise, shirts, ears, etc. I wouldn't say the Disney Village shopping was better, I just really loved the Disney Fashion store.

At DLP I found the individual gift shops had a lot of fun merchandise, and you couldn't necessarily find the same stuff everywhere. For instance, I found an awesome Disney cats mug in a shop in Frontierland at the beginning of one of our days. I didn't want to buy it and carry it around so I went into the Main Street shop on my way out to look for it and it wasn't there, or in any other shops I checked on the way out.

Yeah, we are looking at one of the packages....where you stayed or the Newport. Seems easier and we also like the properties (that DVC thing... :) )
[/QUOTE]
In that case I definitely recommend looking at the club level in either of those resorts. You get the separate breakfast area (which I originally didn't think would be a big bonus but turned out to be a HUGE time saver with how crowded the regular breakfast restaurant was), plus the hotel FPs. The will guarantee you one of those 10 rides!

WOW sounds like an experience of a lifetime! Did she love it??

Oh man I bet that was a phenomenal experience.

I'll post more pictures as soon as I can!
She absolutely loved it. Her photos are incredible! Of course, now she will only use french salted butter and requires all baguettes to be no more than 12 hours fresh. :rotfl2:

As much as I want to go back to DLP I definitely think I'll wait until the Studios additions are done! Lol

Your lunch at Walts looks like it was so nice! Love the story about the butter!

As much as I want to go back to DLP I definitely think I'll wait until the Studios additions are done! Lol
Good plan! The concept art for the expansion looks really cool.

Your lunch at Walts looks like it was so nice! Love the story about the butter!
It was so good! Very relaxing and a nice way to slow down during a long day :D

The main goal of the morning was to get to Crush’s Coaster
Never heard of that.
We should have gotten there earlier, but even so the wait time was 60 minutes just 18 minutes after park open.
Obviously a popular ride.
Jon thought for sure the actual wait wouldn’t be a full hour so we timed it. He was right- it was only 55 minutes.
Technically, he was right. That makes him righter than you.
:duck:
The ride itself was super fun but very short.
Well... good... but not so good.
Spots open up at 9:45am and they get taken up for the day within moments
Wow. Just like ROTR boarding groups.
We didn’t feel like waiting that long for rides that we didn’t really have an interest in (or could ride the exact same thing at home).
Yeah, I can see that. But you’re sure they’re exactly the same?
the Studio Tram Tour. This one seems pretty identical to the one that used to be in DHS (except it’s in French)
Interesting. That it’s still there I mean.
the tour is 90% super boring and 10% awesome and that 10% almost makes up for the other 90%.
:laughing: Sounds about right!
There was also a scene from a movie where a dragon destroyed London and they simulated the fire coming out of a well. Not sure if that was at DHS or not
That’s different. Wasn’t in DHS.
We decided to explore the park and took photos, which took all of 15 minutes.
So... big place, huh?
Whew good thing they made us wait, that crowd was out of control.
:sad2:
In my notes I have written ‘Another slow clap. Lots of slow claps here.’ And for the life of me I could not remember what this was about. But I remember now! Before the Lion King show the hype person started a slow clap to rev everyone up (I guess?) and the hype person for this show did the same thing. Maybe it’s a French thing, IDK.
That’s... different. Odd.
Maybe it was the pre-show hype up but man, that show is phenomenal!
Oh! Well good, then!
The dancing is amazing, and there’s even a Friend Like Me tap break. I always talk to Jon about how Friend Like Me is an incredible song to tap to and LOOK I was RIGHT
So... do you tap?
She’s cute in France, too.
Of course she is. She’s the same person, isn’t she???

:rolleyes:
It’s on Main Street and it looks just like what you think a turn of the century restaurant would, except it’s all themed after Walt Disney.
That sounds wonderful!
Do you see the terrifying Mickey in this one?
::yes::
But then he had a pitcher and poured the liquid over the dry ingredients and it looked much more soup-like. It was really good- I’ve never had soup with popcorn in it, so it was a new experience.
Had both those. Liked the pour. Was meh on the popcorn.
Honestly, as long as it doesn’t taste like garbage I’ll probably say it’s the best thing I’ve ever eaten.
:laughing:
Toward the end of the service our server asked us if we knew the story behind the butter. We did not, so he pointed out the brand name- d’Isgney. Which when spoke sounds like….Disney. Apparently Walt’s ancestors came from that town in France and when they got to America d’Isgney got changed to Disney.
Cool!!
It was time for a few more photos in front of this gorgeous castle.
Love the glasses. :)
I mentioned to Jon that I would really like to spend some time shopping and he mentioned that he would literally rather do anything but that.
:lmao:
Could these Legos BE any cooler?
Yes. Exploding helicopters would help.

The Studios Parc is so small, it's almost hard to believe. I really hope they finish the Frozen expansion in early 2023 so I can see it before we leave.

Isn't Mickey the Magician amazing?! Alex claims its his favorite Disney park show ever.

Your photos from Walt's look amazing. The restaurant seems so gorgeous, and the idea of being right on Main Street is so cool.

Technically, he was right. That makes him righter than you.

Wow. Just like ROTR boarding groups.
Yes, but for a character greeting. And not even a rare one.

But you’re sure they’re exactly the same?
Nope not at all (I obviously pay no attention to ride similarities), but I do recall reading that ToT in particular is very much the same as what the Disneyland version was.

Wasn’t in DHS.
Good to know! See above about me paying attention to things.

So... big place, huh?
Yeah but we had our jetpacks so we were able to zip around pretty quick.

So... do you tap?
Indeed! Not well, but I've been taking lessons for a few years and I do musical theatre so I get my fill.

I really hope they finish the Frozen expansion in early 2023 so I can see it before we leave.
Oh that would be awesome, I hope they do too!

Isn't Mickey the Magician amazing?! Alex claims its his favorite Disney park show ever.
So amazing. Why is this not the standard for every Disney park show???

Your photos from Walt's look amazing. The restaurant seems so gorgeous, and the idea of being right on Main Street is so cool.
It's weird to me that this concept isn't in the other castle parks. Do you know how popular it would be??

Yes, but for a character greeting. And not even a rare one.
:faint:
Good to know! See above about me paying attention to things.
Above? Sorry, wasn't paying attention.
Yeah but we had our jetpacks so we were able to zip around pretty quick.
:lmao:
Indeed! Not well, but I've been taking lessons for a few years and I do musical theatre so I get my fill.
A few years? 3? 10?
How are your shuffle drawbacks coming along?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter