A new addition... Update #37

Poor puppy...he is petrified.

Sorry to hear about all the medical issues. Heartworm is a long-term "keep the dog still" for months type of treatment.

Keep taking those baby steps with your puppy!

Thank you so much for saving that poor dog. It sounds like you have a long road ahead of you. I sincerely hope everything works out for all of you.

I just want to tell you that you did a wonderful thing rescuing him, that is no life, living in a cage all the time. He looks sweet and happy and I hope all is well with him. May god bless you.

One of our goldens is a rescue and although we've had her for two years now she still has 'issues'.
I don't know if she will ever completely outgrow them but she is very happy and content with her routine life. It's only when things out of the ordinary happen (like if we go on vacation) that it becomes obvious that she hasn't forgotten her past.
We have to be careful with her and with others because they see she is a typical golden in looks and assume she will have the correct temperment too and she definitely does not. She is not nearly as social.

Poor baby. He probably has never been socialized properly. Our poor buddy was like that when we got him from the sorry excuse of a breeder. After we bought him (fell in love with his face). He was extremely shy and would cower if we tried to pet him. Come to find out, he had lived his entire life outdoors in a kennel with little to no human contact. Today he is a sweet loving dog. For the skin condition try using Missing Link. It is sold at Petsmart and other stores. It is a powder that you add to their food. We put Ruby (terrier) on it and her skin condition has improved dramatically. It will just take time and patience with him. And you may end up getting nipped a couple of times. Ruby was found wonder the streets and we have had to work through some jealousy issues with her. But we have had her for two years and she is progressing nicely.

He is very cute, sounds like he found an angel :) I hope everything works out.

I am so glad you found him. I am sure you will give him the loving and he will gain trust in you. Like you said taking baby steps with him will make him gain your trust. I am glad he with you. He's in a much better place.

Oh, that poor baby:(

We adopted an OES last year from a shelter.

We got so lucky with her:

This is Lady before we got her:
lady.jpg

And after the groomers:
Lady-1.jpg

She is so well behaved and she doesn't even need to be leashed. I feel so bad for your furbaby and what he has been going through with his skin condition and now heartworm:(

That dog is so blessed to have been found by you and your SO. Give him time and he will figure it out. He is only able to react based on how he has been treated in the past and he needs to learn how it is to be treated with love and kindness.

I will send lots of prayers and good thoughts his way.

I just read the update. I'm sorry he's having those problems but hopefully with a little love he'll come through okay. Please keep us updated.

Poor guy! Sounds like you've got a rough road ahead of you. Hopefully he'll learn that he will now be treated with nothing but love and kindness. Best wishes on your journey...please keep us updated. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter